Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to EXE Warriors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark; Fu, SaitoHikari, Eric
Topic Started: Sep 5 2008, 03:02 PM (603 Views)
Axel
Member Avatar
PK Bat To The Face

[This starting post is "Post 0". From now on, every reply will accumulate 1 post.]

If the shade was darker, one could've mistaken the cross-legged man for a piece of scrap. The dull green reploid, his eyes tracing the rubble, crunched a smoking cigarette between his fingers. He rose slowly, as if he had a kink in his back, and stepped out of the shadows, both hands crossed over his chest. His eyes were a dim gold, the youth snuffed out, and he let the last of the smoke filter out of the corners of his thin lips. He looked so worn, his scruffy and untidy face sagging, as if he'd seen too many battles. He looked each of his hired, up and down, saying nothing. Then, he offered a hand.

"Rhode," he said grimly. His voice was like gravel. "Good to meet all of you."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric
Member Avatar
Mercenary Brute

Legacy was the first to hold his hand out to the employer of this mission he had so longed to get. Times for this merc was slow, and every mission that accumulated credits for him, he was sure to attempt. His life being risked was not a problem, as he did not care about his life after he was destroyed because their would be nothing he could do about it. He released the man's head with a nod and crossed his arms as he prepared his mind for overcoming any obstacles on this mission.
Posted Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

SaitoHikari
Member Avatar
Boom.

"Why do I feel uncomfortable with you guys around?"

Kusanagi's voice could be heard from somewhere within the area. He had been there for quite some time, but he felt as if it was safe for him to show himself. Upon Eric's arrival, he finally showed up. He stood behind Eric and waved at Rhode with a smile. "Hey there."
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Dareka ga dareka wo suki ni naru...boku datte sou da. Boku ga dareka wo suki ni naru koto de...dareka wo kanashimaseru koto ni natta toshitemo...

Boku wa...anata to issho ni itai.

Mou boku wa...tomaritakunai. Hanaretakunai. Hanashitakunai.

Moshi sono koto de, dareka wo kizutsuketemo...boku wa koko de...kono hoshi no shita de...anata to futari de...

Evil Fudge
Member Avatar

Harke arrived last at the scene. He saw that Legacy and Kusanagi were already there, with a bent old man. Must be that Rhode guy, Harke thought.

He walked up and greeted them. "Hey, Kusanagi! Haven't seen you in a while." He turned to Rhode. "Hiya, Rhode. Here to take the mission and raring to go," he said with a smile.

Axel
Member Avatar
PK Bat To The Face

"You guys are..." Rhode frowned and leaned back against a heap of rusty garbage. "Pretty young bunch. Not that it matters. Young arms are good. I just don't have 'em anymore." He swung his neck around, loosening up. "Anyway, we should get going. The girl might leave this area soon; looks like the nomad type. Stay down and close to the scrap heaps, every one to a different heap. She got red hair like the blazes, tall and good-lookin'. Her sword's a real jewel. You can spot it from a mile 'way. When I spot her, I'm gunna jump out and be real loud. While 'er attention's on me, you three flank. Now, go. Keep your distance, but be close enough to see where I am. We might be lookin' for a while."

Before he could get an answer, Rhode had already jogged off. He was faster than he looked. In the gray distance, one could see rows of uniform trash heaps, some large, some small.

Eric
Member Avatar
Mercenary Brute

The instructions for the plan was clear. Suround, flank, beatdown a girl. Legacy felt sort of displaced with the current objective. He had to actually gang up on a female reploid. It was a disgrace to his sexuality to allow a girl to be as strong as three reploids of seemingly powerful status. Nevertheless, heis greed for money overpowered his will to destroy this reploid. Whatever for the the money, even if he had to beatdown a stadium full of females.

Rhode took off into the junk without allowing anyone to reply. legacy went for a small heap of junk and preparedto get around the menace to prepare his flank from the right. He was rather small, so he could easily scrurry to attack a victim of an oncoming attack.
Posted Image

Evil Fudge
Member Avatar

After listening to the short briefing, Harke watched Rhode jog off into the piles of featureless scrap metal. Watching Legacy take off to the right, he ran silently to the left, careful to hide behind the piles, preparing for the attack.

If I were the girl, I'd expect more than a frail old man. More like a battalion would be appropriate. I think she's going to see through Rhode's little ruse. Oh well. I'll take my chances and go along with it. Hope the girl's all brawn and no brain.

SaitoHikari
Member Avatar
Boom.

Kusanagi took off surreptitiously from the group, the way someone like him should. He dashed towards a pile of heap a decent distance away from Legacy's and Harke's spot in such a way that they now surrounded a fairly large area to execute their ambush.

The thought that three of them have teamed up to battle a woman did not bother Kusanagi one bit; unless he saw with his own eyes whether their enemy would be powerful or not, he would remain his firm thought that he can do the mission alone.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Dareka ga dareka wo suki ni naru...boku datte sou da. Boku ga dareka wo suki ni naru koto de...dareka wo kanashimaseru koto ni natta toshitemo...

Moshi sono koto de, dareka wo kizutsuketemo...boku wa koko de...kono hoshi no shita de...anata to futari de...

Axel
Member Avatar
PK Bat To The Face

"It's you!"

Not too far in the distance, Rhode peered over a small stump of broken earth. His body trembled at the sight of the woman, and it didn't seem to be an entirely faked action, either. He probably hadn't expected to encounter her this quickly.

As Rhode had described, the woman was tall and adorned with sleek, top of the line armor -- the bells and whistles of an elite reploid. Flaming locks pressed against her light cheeks and folded over her eyes, eyes of a similar shade, her entire appearance in flame. Embers almost flicked off her; the temperature seemed to increase by a good seven degrees. Yet, even in her intimidating appearance, she did nothing; she simply halted, and turned her head, not her body, to face Rhode. There was no click, no hiss of vehement reminiscence. She stared blankly, emptily, and met Rhode's eyes.

Seeing as his yell had garnered no response from his mark, Rhode continued. "I'm gonna make you pay for what you did to my friends. You'll get a li'l taste of this charred dirt." He smirked in a most confident way; it almost seemed self-demeaning. "Rah!" He cried, one fist in the air. Rhode pulled out a pistol from his right leg, and another from his left, and began to rain fire down upon his target.

The woman didn't even seem to move. Her image seemed to filter and blur, perhaps a trick of the light, but one moment she was there, and the next, she wasn't. Each bullet, a bursting scream, slipped past their target, but the woman was moving, frame by frame, through the air, like a cartoon, like... teleportation.

Eric
Member Avatar
Mercenary Brute

If Rhode and Legacy's thoughts were tangled together in a knot, they would probably have been thinking the same thing, how the hell did I get here so quickly. Legacy was fast, but he did not expect to come up on her so fast and be ready to attack here with his force that he had hoped to make her do more than what he was doing against his employer's attack. Just like Rhode, he was going to allow a lot of thing piur down on her from almost every angle possible.

From his heap of trash, Legacy leaped up with one motion that also had a bow of energy ready to shoot off a shot of his power. The energy created string that was to launch his arrow sissed uncontrollably as he allowed it to release into a fury of sounds. BOING, SOOT, SNAP! They came consecutively as the wire vibrated into tightness, the arrow cut threw air, and the bow disappered into nothingness.

The arrow got half way to it's target when it then immediately multiplied into unknown numbers, and amounts that one would not attempt to counts. Now he could only wait for the others to attack in unison, or whenever they feel it neccessary.
Posted Image

Evil Fudge
Member Avatar

"It's you!"

Hearing his employer's signal cry, Harke peered over his pile of junk metal. Seeing Rhode creeping out from a larger trash heap, he looked around and saw his mark. Looking at her made him go on red alert mode. She wasn't just any mark, she seemed to have the very essence of flames within her. Harke knew this wasn't going to be easy and surmised that an attack from a safe distance would be a wiser move.

While listening to Rhode's trash talk, Harke prepared his weapon, the Sage Staff and transmuted the harmless-looking stick into a medium-sized hand cannon. Filling it with shells of energy, he fired off shot after shot in a circle formation around the woman, hoping his team mates' attacks are within his barrage of fire.

Axel
Member Avatar
PK Bat To The Face

The woman shivered and gasped as two arrows buried into her left arm. The attack caught her attention and she quickly spun back and, with a flip of her blade, produced a wall of hot flame, scorching the other arrows to ash, and catching Rhode's bullets and some sort of energy shot in its scalding palm. Her dark shame beneath the smoldering embers faltered. When she reappeared, she was running -- no, she was floating, a few inches off the ground, her body propelled forward by a current of fire that wrapped around her boots and spiraled through her clothes.

She clutched the blade, her arms loose and murderous. Yet whenever she teleported, the flames did not; they simply caught up to her, as if they were an entity of their own. She knew she was surrounded by attackers. She winced with every movement, the arrows in her arm slowing her down. Her agility, however, was still a threat. She'd caught motion beneath a pile of rubble -- the arrow shooter -- and moved in for a fatal blow.

SaitoHikari
Member Avatar
Boom.

Kusanagi blinked. "Oh boy..." he muttered. "That gal is really strong, eh? I guess my supposed ambush-at-the-back-while-she's-dodging-the-others'-attacks can't be pulled off now."

With that, he simply ran towards another heap of junk.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Eric
Member Avatar
Mercenary Brute

After his attack, Legacy found his move doing some damage to the female reploid, but afterwards, he was unable to see much else as she gaurded with a wall of fire in his direction. he thought "Oh Great. Now I have to kill her too." As she came on her way towards him, he simeply madehimself visible to end the game of hide and seek. As a Marksman, he had to keep his distance from his opponent at all times if need be. That is why when he rose, he continued to shoot hell in her direction with a fury of arrows as he continued to back paddle around all of the heaps of junk and rubble in the battle environment.
Posted Image

Axel
Member Avatar
PK Bat To The Face

A lion's mane of red locks framed the woman's face, lurching forward like needles. Ten fingers wrapped around a single, grungy blade. The flames, like oil to her joints -- and what an oil they were. The curtain of heat dropped from beneath her feat and blanketed Legacy, eating up the arrows, too. She drew both elbows to her hip, preparing for an execution. It was a fatal trade-off, an eye for an eye -- or in this case, a wounded arm for a life.

The flame would burn his armor, cook him like the sun, and if not, the blade would cut him into pieces. Running into the open had not been a smart move, and this mistake would be costly.

Rhode swore from over a pile of dusty tin cans and protruded, from his wrist, a thick iron blade that weighed down on his shoulders and threw him off balance. It was obviously a new part, as he was not accustomed to it; was this something he'd bought as a makeshift for that woman's invaluable sword? He ducked under the swelter of the flame and yelled into the dark gray sky, dashing. He wouldn't make it in time to save Legacy -- there was no way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Wasteland · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards

BoHeGeHa theme for ZetaBoards OverTheBelow ( IFSZ )