drupal statistics
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Star Trek RPG you have been looking for. Infinity is an original STRPG that allows you the freedom to explore the Star Trek universe the way you always wanted to. We offer several settings each with its own unique feel so all members can find what works best for them.

We are a friendly, laid-back community, open to all kinds and excited to meet other Star Trek fans, or even people who haven't seen the show but want a really amazing science fiction RPG. Join us today - your only regret will be that you didn't find us sooner.

Time: October 2384

Academy-- It is time for students to pledge to Fraternities and Sororities! Many are cramming for midterms and many more are looking for dates to the huge annual Halloween Dance.

Starbase-- Business is booming, but otherwise all is normal at the Starbase.

Infinity-- The USS Infinity is on a mission to deliver emergency supplies to an outlying colony ravaged by natural disaster. After traveling through a massive ion storm, the crew is just waking to find themselves physically regressed to children...

See something that deserves to be spotlighted?
PM Evren, subject line "Spotlight."

-------------------------------

Administrator
Evren

Moderators
Member Mod
Gemini
Activity Mod
Virgo
Board Mod
Phoenix
Advertising Mod
Click to Apply

Graphics and skin code by Lokyr. Skin based on The Glass Passenger by Lokyr of ZetaBoard Theme Zone, modified by Evren.

Sidebar by Brook (never look back.) of RCR, RGU, & Blank Pages. Adapted for Zetaboards by Evren.

VOTE FOR INFINITY!

RPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY

Visit this site!
Onling Game Resource

Welcome to Infinity. The Infinity RPG is still as active as ever and can now be found [url="http://thestartrekrpg.com"]here[/url]. Come join us!

[/color

Old members can log in to see their content or any hidden threads.

Username:   Password:
Big Cadet Plot
Topic Started: Aug 26 2011, 02:37 PM (725 Views)
Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Okay, so I was kind of considering the possibility of getting a bunch of cadets together for a big old plot.

The first idea that I had was that maybe on campus, a story could go around about one of the instructors, with people starting to think that he's a spy, working for one of the other galactic powers. This one, I figure could go two ways. Either a bit of a mystery type thing, where the instructor is guilty, or more of a witch hunt type thing, where he's innocent but suffers anyway.

The second idea I was pondering was something with a protest group causing trouble, an Earth first, aliens out, separationist sort of thing. I'm not sure where it would go, although I was thinking that maybe there could be some attacks on non-human academy students- do we have many non-humans by the way?
Offline Profile Quote Post

EVREN
Member Avatar
Administrator
I just wanted to endorse this board and the idea of you all creating some cool plot. Let me know if you need admin support for any of it. <3

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Cool, support is much appreciated. Obviously didn't want to do anything the staff weren't happy with. Still early days at the moment, so I dunno what help I might need. At the moment, it's mostly just a matter of seeing who's interested and what they want to do.

Cadet Joan McCormick
Member Avatar

On another site all the cadets and a couple instructors just sat around a table in a local bakery enjoying the conversation and the food. Perhaps we could do something like that.

I'm always up for a group cadet thread.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Okay, sure, that's doable.

It's not really the sort of thing I was talking about though. Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my first post.

Rather than just a talking heads sort of thing, I was kind of thinking of something with a bit more story to it, stuff actually happening.

Cadet Sam Macpherson
Member Avatar
Command
I'm definitely up for this, but have to slightly disagree with Joan.

A plot would that would be fun as a smaller, one-night thing, but I think that for a more long-term major plot, it could be interesting to have something with a little more action and mystery. Something we can work on gradually and have unfold over time, perhaps?

Cadet Joan McCormick
Member Avatar

We did have the cadets go into the holodeck and try to camp out. It was a bit fun and would take some time. We also had a simulation where we lost power, but on that site the academy was on a starbase.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
At this point, I have to say, I do quite like the idea of having a humans first protest group. I was kind of thinking as a development of that, perhaps it could turn out that one of the main founders of the group was an alien, attempting to cause trouble on Earth. Romulans not happy with the current state of the galaxy perhaps. Or perhaps they could turn out to be an unknown species, leaving potential for further mystery shenanigans. Of course, if folks aren't particularly interested in this idea, I'm open to other suggestions. Or just other suggestions about how this could run.

Cadet Joan McCormick
Member Avatar

Along the lines of your last idea... Perhaps we could have someone take over the academy because they aren't happy with Star Fleet. All the instructors are out of commission somehow and its up to the cadets to make everything right???

Cadet Dominic Alai
Member Avatar
Quantum Physics
I like the rogue professor idea but it might be better to wait until we have a few professors and then one of them could play it out with us.

I also like the protest group idea, but who is going to be in the protest group and who wouldn't? How would it play out?

I'm rubbish at plots, I really am, but what if we did something kind of fun like all of the current cadets just coincidentally happen to be in the same place at the same time and some kind of chemical gets leaked in that causes some fun-to-play reaction. I'd say love pollen but it's a bit cliche, I know. Maybe everyone switches bodies or thinks they have switched bodies or acts drunk or thinks they're seven again? It could even be something more nefarious and dangerous than that.

Then it could transition into one of the other two plots where everyone is suspicious of a specific professor or a group of people, etc.

If not (I kinda went off the original idea there) maybe we could get someone to play the professor in question and do the first plot.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Cadet Dominic Alai
Aug 29 2011, 01:55 PM
I also like the protest group idea, but who is going to be in the protest group and who wouldn't? How would it play out?
This is entirely my favourite of my own suggestions and the one I'm most keen to run with.

The protest group would pretty much have to be entirely NPCs, because well, to be involved in bigoted hate groups, they'd have to be pretty lousy people and probably wouldn't be fit for any kind of Star Fleet future.

Seeing as (I think) Arani is currently the only non-human cadet we have, I would ... possibly be willing to have things kick off with something bad happening to her, being beaten up and hospitalised, or stabbed, maybe. I rather like her though and am not a big fan of tormenting my characters, so I will have to ponder that some more.

Cadet James Hughes
Member Avatar
Medical
The protest idea is interesting - but it would be difficult to play. I doubt any of our characters would be anti-alien themselves; So, while it would be something to talk about, I don't see it coming to a purpose, because they can't really do anything about it...

...unless we want to plant some crazy psycho character who is heading this racist group...>.> Hmmmmn...

Cadet Sam Macpherson
Member Avatar
Command
I think the protest group as NPCs would work, but at the same time I wanna say that we would probably need one person to play an actual character and be the leader of this protest group.

That way we have an actual active character who can set up scenarios and control the actions of the group. Also, we would have someone to actually interact with when we finally catch the guy.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Right, I've made a post asking the staff if I can set up an NPC account for a figure head for all this. In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can work up not a full bio, just some character traits, some background, see if I can't put a face to it. If anyone has some suggestions for the guy/girl, gimme a shout.

EVREN
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hey Arani, I haven't seen the post but NPC accounts are fine just as long and I'm aware of them. I can make a category for them and everything.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Evren
Sep 2 2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Arani, I haven't seen the post but NPC accounts are fine just as long and I'm aware of them. I can make a category for them and everything.
Cool, thanks. :)

And thread is here. Although I guess you don't really need it now you've answered here.

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Oh! Further to the above, before I run off and start writing up a villainous type on the grounds of what I think would be interesting, is there anyone else who would like to play a semi-villainous type?

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Right. Did a quick write-up for potential Earth First guy-

Posted ImageCadet Kyle Travers

From his record, Kyle Travers looks like the perfect cadet. His parents were Star Fleet through and through. When he was thirteen, however, his father was killed when the ship he was on, a small survey vessel responded to a distress call from a Vulcan science ship. It was a moment that would forever change Kyle. When he entered Star Fleet Academy, he joined the debate team. He seemed to take great relish in arguing that Star Fleet needed not to be a scientific body, but a military one, more akin to the Romulan Navy or the Klingon Defence Force. Beneath the surface though, darker thoughts festered. He began blaming the Vulcans for his father’s death. If it wasn’t for their weakness, his father would not have had to respond to the distress call. It was all so clear. All the races in the Federation were simply serving to hold humanity back. The Klingons and The Romulans had stood alone for centuries, subjugating races, not working alongside them. That was what was needed, only then would Earth be truly strong. One people, pure and untainted by intermingling with alien blood. Earth first!

Kyle Travers is pleasant and charming. He’s polite and usually unconfrontational. He has a wicked way with words, insulting people without them ever knowing he’s done it, but planting seeds of self-doubt in their minds. To their faces, he shows all races due respect, keeping his loathing secret.

Thoughts, questions, comments, all are welcome.

Captain Sylas
Member Avatar
Captain
I think he looks awesome. Perfect for the plot.

Zohra Khalili
Member Avatar

Helloooo, I just wanted to put my two cents in.

Basically: this is a fantastic idea, and I'll definitely participate. <3

Cadet Arani Jerrit
Member Avatar
Medical
Awesome. Any input is welcome at this point as I feel like we may have stalled a little and I'm not quite sure how to get things moving forward again.

Ens. Kerr Drak
Member Avatar
Security & Investigations
If it got polarized enough, if the movement got some popular support outside the Academy it could become a Federation wide movement (i.e. effecting things aboard the Infinity and possibly even the Star Base). I had originally made Kerr as a cadet just because of this plot idea, I think you really have something here. A little political turmoil could set off any number of side plots for both the cadets and the crew of the Infinity in dealing with member species of the Federation. And while your NPC makes it unlikely anybody else is behind it all, I can definitely think of a couple of ways somebody like the Romulans or Cardassians could take advantage of that sort of distraction.

Ens. Senav

I'll have Senav in here if he's accepted. I think that this plot is a really good idea and I think that if it hasn't already started, here's an idea for how to kick it off again.

Maybe have someone steal from Sickbay and make them release a pathogen that specifically attacks one race. For example, Vulcans. It doesn't do anything major and isn't enough to kill (perhaps to artifically induce Pon Farr or bring about fevers among the crew) but it certainly grabs some attention.

That way people will be searching for what had caused it, and they'll find that the problem was caused by a person. It'll spark the investigation and then you can work it up from there.

That or, since Vulcans are a form of telepathic race, you could make a few of them receive sudden headaches from a strange signal in space that the group is causing. This was influenced by the strange Zombie-Vulcan phenomonon in Star Trek Enterprise, and in the Original Series when Spock sensed the destruction of the Vulcan-manned ship.

I think that a weak brainwashing signal would work well in the plot. It'd make out that nothing is wrong at first but then it'd toy with their emotions a little bit and make them aggressive towards their crewmates and themselves. It'd take a while to figure out.

Thoughts?
(Sorry they're all based on Vulcans X'D I don't really know much else about the other species. Vulcan is my favourite. But on the bright side, your dude hates Vulcans the most, right? So it would make sense for him to target them first.)
Edited by Ens. Senav, Oct 15 2011, 06:59 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Plotting · Next Topic »