drupal statistics
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Star Trek RPG you have been looking for. Infinity is an original STRPG that allows you the freedom to explore the Star Trek universe the way you always wanted to. We offer several settings each with its own unique feel so all members can find what works best for them.

We are a friendly, laid-back community, open to all kinds and excited to meet other Star Trek fans, or even people who haven't seen the show but want a really amazing science fiction RPG. Join us today - your only regret will be that you didn't find us sooner.

Time: October 2384

Academy-- It is time for students to pledge to Fraternities and Sororities! Many are cramming for midterms and many more are looking for dates to the huge annual Halloween Dance.

Starbase-- Business is booming, but otherwise all is normal at the Starbase.

Infinity-- The USS Infinity is on a mission to deliver emergency supplies to an outlying colony ravaged by natural disaster. After traveling through a massive ion storm, the crew is just waking to find themselves physically regressed to children...

See something that deserves to be spotlighted?
PM Evren, subject line "Spotlight."

-------------------------------

Administrator
Evren

Moderators
Member Mod
Gemini
Activity Mod
Virgo
Board Mod
Phoenix
Advertising Mod
Click to Apply

Graphics and skin code by Lokyr. Skin based on The Glass Passenger by Lokyr of ZetaBoard Theme Zone, modified by Evren.

Sidebar by Brook (never look back.) of RCR, RGU, & Blank Pages. Adapted for Zetaboards by Evren.

VOTE FOR INFINITY!

RPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY

Visit this site!
Onling Game Resource

Welcome to Infinity. The Infinity RPG is still as active as ever and can now be found [url="http://thestartrekrpg.com"]here[/url]. Come join us!

[/color

Old members can log in to see their content or any hidden threads.

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Meeting on the mat
Topic Started: Sep 13 2011, 10:05 AM (263 Views)
A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben was looking forward to this. He hoped she would show and not stand him up. What should I teach her though? Need to start at the basics I guess. He thought.

Ben warmed up and began going through many fighting techniques in his mind. He knew teaching her to kill wouldn't be a good idea. She just needs to learn to defend herself. Not become a killer like me. What would she think if she knew I have killed? Ben thought.

He looked at his watch again wondering if it was fast or if Mia was late.
Offline Profile Quote Post

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"Zrrt zrrt zrrt." The computer buzzed, mimicking an alarm. 
"Sleep." Mia pleaded, her voice groggy.
"Sleep deactivated." the computer chimed, she was sure it was mocking her. It resumed it's buzzing.
"What time is it?" she asked, the computer read out the time.
She was late.
Hurriedly, Mia ran through the morning routine. Teeth cleaned, washed, dressed. She attacked the routine at warp speed. Grumbling about her hatred for mornings as she did so. 

Lizzie, her roommate; a young ensign from engineering sat bright eyed on the opposite bed, a PADD open in her lap while she combed her hair. "Morning." she chirruped happily, Mia just mumbled something incoherent which greatly amused te other girl. 

Ten minutes later she arrived at the area Ben had specified, feeling even less awake than when she had left the Infinity. Ben was already there, checking his watch. I'm must be so late she sighed, realising she hadn't checked the time since she'd woken. 

"A-about the other night-" Mia began, thinking it best to clear the air before they started, "Sorry, you shouldn't have though, I-I'd have been fine." she wasn't entirely convinced by her own words, "but thank you, I-I'm really sorry you suffered for it."

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
"Mia, what are friends for. I am glad I could help you out of a sticky situation. Don't worry I had one night in the brig that wasn't suffering trust me," he said and shuddered.

"Now you need to stretch then we can begin. I have gone over a few things, and I think first we need to see what you know about fighting without weapons. I've already seen your sword play, so that gives me an idea where to go on that one," he said remembering their time in the holodeck.

"I hope my being thrown in the brig doesn't harm our friendship," he said wishing it could be more than that. He wasn't about to push it though and stuck with the word 'friend'.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
Mia raised one eyebrow as he shuddered, "If that night wasn't suffering, why are you shaking?" she asked concerned, "I-If you don't mind my asking." she added quickly.

Running through the stretches she could remember, Mia was surprised to find how little her flexibility had decreased. Despite her few weeks respite aboard the Infinity, Thinking about it I haven't been that inactive. Mia remembered a week were she had done nothing but run around the ship chasing a hoard of frog-like reptiles that had escaped from their vivarium. Pushing back the memory; she drew her focus back to Ben. 
"Well there's only one weapon I've been trained how to operate." Mia reached into her pocket and pulled out the phaser she had been supplied with upon her admission to the crew. She knew the theory, but hadn't actually used it since she had left the academy. 

"Why would-?" Mia questioned incredulously, shaking her head, "What made y-you think that?"

Edited by Ens. Mia Andrews, Sep 14 2011, 03:46 PM.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
"It brought back childhood memories that were worse than that. Nothing I'd wish on anyone else," he said sighing. He watched her stretch.

"That's part of the problem then. There will be times when that phaser won't be enough. What if it's knocked out of your hand? It's just not enough knowledge. I should write whoever runs that dratted school and give them a piece of my mind on this," he said getting mad. He took a couple of deep breaths and cooled down. Last thing he wanted to do was scare her off.

"Lot's of girls don't care to know the bad boys," he said and winked with a smile. He returned to the task at hand his smile faded.

"Okay down to business. What's the first thing you would do if you were attacked and neither of you had any weapons?" He asked knowing exactly the right tactic for him. Not a hard first question. I would go for the eyes, ears, or any tender spots I knew of. Some might say to run away though. I wonder which one she is. He thought waiting for her reply.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"Oh, okay." Normally, she would persue that matter, however she didn't wish to re-open any wounds of his. Physical or mental.

Mia did her best not to laugh, it had taken her almost an hour last night to even locate her phaser. "In all honesty, I only take it on away missions. Which have been rare of late." She smiled, resisting the urge to combust in a fit of giggles, "Perhaps you should." Mia had no idea why, but he was funny when he was angry, he kind of reminded her of a porcupine fish.

Her cheeks turning their trademark flushed pink colour, "I wouldn't say you were bad." She spoke softly.

Mia blinked, Is this a trick question? she studied Ben for a moment, tilting her head slightly. "R-run away?" She asked unsure of what he wanted to say.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
"I'm glad you think I'm good. That's been debated many times, but that isn't why we are here," he said and heard her answer. Ah one of those. Well maybe that's the way of life where she is from. Not everyone can be fighters all the time. He thought and nodded.

"There was no wrong answer to that, Mia. Some fight some run. The better question is which do you want to be - a fighter or a runner?" He said hearing how bad that sounded. He didn't apologize for it though.

"I can teach you everything I know about fighting, but if you don't want to learn it won't do a lick of good. So are we here to exercise or do you desire to learn to protect yourself further?" He said not desiring to change her unless she was willing.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"The universe isn't black and white, more shades of grey." Mia shrugged non-commitedly. It was too early, she yawned, covering her mouth with her hand. Way to early. Feelin rude, she quickly apologised: "Sorry."

"Why can't I be both?" she asked, slightly affronted, "Running doesn't always work, neither does standing your ground. Most situations need to be assessed before a choice can be made." her little rant had begun confidently, but she had trailed off, growing quieter and quieter, as her confidence diminished.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
"If that's what you wish then you can be both. Maybe that's why I'm not enlisted in Star Fleet. I'm more a fighter than a runner. I'll teach you what I can in fighting. I don't know much of anything when it comes to running," he said. He moved into a fighting position.

"Before I teach you I need to know what I have to work with," he said trying not to smile at the fact he would be fighting her again. Take it easy on her. She might be at the beginner level for all I know. He stood ready to see just what furry this woman would unleash.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"Running is pretty simple, it is smiliar to a walk; only faster." Mia yawned, 'I'm really irritable in the morning.' she realised unhappily as she rubbed her eyes. "There are people in Starfleet who prefer one over the other." Mia was one of them, she wasn't about to admit it; but in 99% of cases she was going to run, no matter how much training she received. She despised conflict of all types. Unless of course she didn't take her coffee in the morning, on those days Mia was hardly agreeable in any situation.

Mia relaxed a little, loose enough to dodge at any given moment, yet still standing at her full height. Which with her small stature was hardly impressive. Her eyes widened when she realised he expected her to strike first, I still have the phaser she smiled, hooray for mindless optimism, I would probably destroy the gym not so great. At a loss for what to do she switched the phaser off, just to be certain it wouldn't fire.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben kept watching her waiting for her to do something. He noticed she switched the phaser off. He sighed and put his hands on his hips.

"Are you going to throttle me with that or just toss it at me?" He said teasing her. He hoped to get her mad enough she would at least attack him. Knowing it would get too hot in the gym he took his shirt off and tossed it. He also knew she wouldn't attack when he wasn't looking, like when his shirt when over his head.

"I'm not getting any younger," he taunted.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"Are you going to throttle me with that or just toss it at me?"
“Neither, I just didn’t’ want it to go off and kill either of us, I have enough paperwork to do.” She said, tucking the phaser into a pocket. Mia had a strange sense he was goading her, trying to tease her into retaliating. “Is this the first lesson?” she tilted her head to one side in bewilderment, his teaching style is strange, is this how he was taught? No wait, he wanted to see what he was working with. Mia shrugged, before she had time to even begin her attack, he removed his shirt. Mia looked away and shuffled from foot to foot uncomfortably. There was no way she was fighting him now.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
He sighed not sure what was going on in her head. He kept his guard up expecting anything to happen just then.

"What's wrong? Don't say nothing is, because I know it would be a lie," he said watching her carefully. She seemed almost bashful. Maybe I should put my shirt back on. It's not like I couldn't fight with or without it. I should have thought about it before just shrugging it off. He thought waiting for her to respond before he did anything.

Maybe she's just trying to take me off guard. That would be the smart thing to do.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
"Not a morning person." Mia shrugged, skirting around his question, only a slight blush gave her away. "Sorry." Trying her best to smile and keep her attention on training,she shook her head, as if to dispell any unwanted or unneeded thoughts. Mia settled into her improvised fighting stance, then had a brainwave.

Walking to the far side of the gym; she retrieved his shirt then slowly and deliberately headed back towards Ben. As soon as he was close enough, she tossed the shirt into his line of sight. Hopefully blocking dis vision for a moment as the fabric clung to his face. Mia sidestepped behing him, sweeping his legs from beneath him as she did so. Suddenly it dawned on her that they hadn't arranged any mats or other means to soften a fall.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben lay still as if he was really hurt. He was hoping she wouldn't take the bait but thought she might and was prepared. He had his eyes closed with his shirt still covering his eyes.

She is beautiful and smart. Now if only I can make her a fighting machine for when she has to fight. I can't be around to protect her on those missions. Maybe I should have joined Star Fleet after all. He thought being very patient. Patience was a virtue he had learned well as a child.

The wait seemed to be taking forever, but he didn't mind. He was plotting the best way to take her by surprise. I wonder if she will use this to her advantage though? He thought knowing like any strategy this could back fire on him.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
“Ben?” Mia asked shakily when he didn’t get up. “Ben?” she asked again, in case he hadn’t heard her the first time. Realising he wasn’t about to get up anytime soon, Mia panicked and ran to the replicator where she ordered a glass of water. Eventually her anxiety subsided and rational thought returned. Is he really hurt, after that hit he took yesterday; I don’t think a hit like that would knock him unconscious. Or maybe he just landed awkwardly? I don’t know Sighing heavily she walked back over to where Ben still lay motionless and emptied it over his head. “Ben?” she asked again uncertainly and lifted the shirt from his head.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben was not one who liked having water poured over his head but he lived with it. He knew it was important to let her think he was really hurt. She is going to hate me for this but she should know better. He thought as he felt the shirt lifted off his head. In that instant he knocked her off her feet.

"Computer place mats down," he ordered before she hit the floor, and one was there for her. Hitting the floor had hurt, but it was nothing like the lessons he had growing up. He stood up ready just in case she wanted to attack again.

"What did you do wrong?" He asked looking down at where she now sat.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
“Eep,” Mia suddenly found herself falling backwards, and was surprised when she landed on something soft. She noticed it was a mat; how did that get here? she asked herself before realising Ben must have placed them there. “That was mean.” She said looking up at him and not standing up quite yet. Feeling the damp weight of his shirt in her hand, she scrunched it into a ball and flung it at him half-heartedly. It caught him in the chest.

"What did you do wrong?"
She sighed, “Got too close? Picked a decent actor/dead fishes champion as a tutor? Trusted you?” she blushed, “Made you angry by tipping a cup full of water over your head. The list’s endless.”

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
He kicked his shirt away not bothering to catch it when she tossed it at him. He wasn't worried about that hitting him as it was just a wet shirt. He heard her answer and sighed.

"Yes, you did trust me. You still have a lot to learn about me, and yet you trusted me. You can't always use compassion you won't know what the person you are against will have planned," he said still trying to be the teacher here. He noticed she hadn't bothered to stand.

"Are you alright? Is there a reason you are still sitting?" He asked not getting too close. He knew she was smart enough to turn the tables on him.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
Mia twirled a strand of hair around her finger, and remained sat cross legged on the mat. “Granted, I don’t know as much about you as I’d like to, I-I thought I could trust you,” she pouted, “Plus I thought I had hurt you the last few days haven’t been the best for you have they?”

“"Are you alright? Is there a reason you are still sitting?"
Mia shrugged, “Hmm?” she smiled, caught in a day dream, “oh t-the mat, it’s comfy.” she lied quickly, blushing again as she did. As if to prove her point, Mia reclined back, tucking her hands behind her head and half closing her eyes. She didn’t really have a plan, more of a half plan slowly forming in her mind.
Edited by Ens. Mia Andrews, Sep 19 2011, 02:13 PM.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben listened and watched her twirl her hair. He sighed and stayed put knowing anything could happen.

"Mia, these past few days have been better than you think," he said and walked over sitting next to her. He didn't care if she tried to attack him. She was reclined back with her eyes closed.

"In fact I can't think of a time better than this one. Thrash me as you please, I wouldn't ask to be anywhere else," he said trying not to scare her even though he talked with feeling.

"I am sorry about the whole trust thing. I did it to teach you something not to lose your trust. I would never hurt you intentionally," Ben said just watching her lay there.

He reclined back too ready for almost anything she could toss his way. Only one thing she could do would possibly take me completely off guard, and there is no way she will do that. She wants a good friend. I will do my best to be that friend. He thought smiling.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
Mia felt the mat move a little, she opened one eye to see Ben sat next to her. "Comfy right?" she asked, closing her eye once more.

"I wouldn't ask to be anywhere else,"
"Really?" Mia inquired, opening both eyes and blinking in the light, "No even-" she struggled to think of an amazing place. "even, even." she stalled, biting her lip. "Nope sorry, minds not being cooperative today." Mia sighed.

"I am sorry about the whole trust thing."
Mia smiled warmly, still staring at the ceiling; "It's okay, teacher knows best r-right." she had been a little annoyed, but it had passed amost as soon as she had fallen onto the mat.

She could feel the warmth radiating from his body as he lay beside her, Mia looked up to te ceiling and almost wished she was home watching the clouds go by. Right now this was fine though. Her checks flushed pink as she realised just how close he was. Her heart hammered. Mia cursed inwardly, she was in over her head. Way over her head.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
"Yes, this mat is comfy. Thanks for asking," he said turning his head to watch her.

"Not always, even teachers make mistakes. I hope not to make any though in teaching you. That is if you still want me to teach you how to defend yourself. I understand if you want another teacher," he said turning onto his side placing his head resting on his hand while the elbow was on the mat.

Ben knew exactly what he wanted, but he wasn't about to push anything or even her too far. If I kiss her she might push me away, slap me, and say she never wants to see me again. I must be patient. If I don't I could lose her forever. I'm not ready for that. He thought still watching her stare up at the ceiling.

Ens. Mia Andrews
Member Avatar
Marine Biologist
“It’s fine,” Mia said as she sat upright again, smoothing down her hair where the static charges of the mat had caused it to stand on end in disarray. “Even then teachers are excellent at covering their mistakes. Why would I want another teacher?” she asked curiously, what is going through his mind? granted, Mia had never being good at reading people, though people seemed to be able to read her like an open book, Ben seemed to be locked tight. She had no inkling as to what he could be thinking.

Giving up with trying to solve the puzzle, Mia shrugged and laid back down, once again staring at the ceiling. She could feel his watch, “Quit it. If that’s okay I mean.” She mumbled, feeling on the scrutinised. “What’s wrong?”
Edited by Ens. Mia Andrews, Sep 20 2011, 06:15 AM.

A. Benjamin Baker
Member Avatar
Shop Owner
Ben realized he had been staring at her and looked away. He laid back down flat on the mat staring up too.

"Computer, program Teron 3 sky only," he said giving them something to look up at. The ceiling changed to a purple sky with orange clouds floating by. He had always liked looking at something different, new.

"What could possibly be wrong?" It was the only response he gave to her. He watched the clouds taking different shapes passing above them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Physical Fitness Area · Next Topic »
  • Pages: