Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MyKBO.net. Please register and join in the discussion about the KBO, Korean baseball, and other sports. MyKBO.net is one of the only English forums dedicated to the KBO.

Check out our Twitter page at www.twitter.com/mykbo

This is version 2 of MyKBO.net. If you were a member of the old board, please sign-up again. I apologize for the inconvenience. The previous version and all the data and posts were mistakenly deleted (so a lot of archived info was lost)

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. Please register if you'd like to join in our discussion of the KBO.

Join MyKBO.net!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MLB Baseball
Topic Started: Jul 21 2010, 11:55 PM (1,372 Views)
nad1998
Member Avatar
Administrator
Well, it looks like my Phillies run in the East has ended. They get Doc, but can't support him with enough runs. It would be great to get Oswalt, but not sure even with him if they can make the playoffs.

What about your team?
Edited by nad1998, Apr 8 2011, 12:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tadasimha

They pulled that trade off, but it didn't work out that great to start - got lit up by the Nationals in his first start for the Phillies.

Reds are looking pretty darn good after too many years of being irrellevant. They can't seem to get themselves a real lead in the division, though, and it looks like it will be a dog fight to the end between them and the Cardinals. Joey Votto will win the NL MVP if he keeps playing the way he has. Within a couple more years, he's going to replace Pujols and Howard as the premiere 1st baseman in the league.

nad1998
Member Avatar
Administrator
yeah, oswalt got lit up tonight. oh well...i think Roy Story 2 will get them back in the playoffs again this fall. The bats need to stay alive.

I am enjoying seeing the Reds having success.

Tadasimha

Yeah, I was just busting chops there. Oswalt has always been a great pitcher in the post-season, so if the Phillies get in to the post-season, he's going to be a real asset. Even if they don't make it this season (Atlanta looks really good right now), I think they'll keep both Roy's and be an utter force next year - don't expect Jason Werth back, though.

After a decade of not being relevant, it's nice for the Reds to be in the thick of the hunt right now. I want them to beat the Cardinals for the Central, but it's going to take the Reds going on a real hot streak or the Cardinals going on a real slide. If the Cards win out, I think the Reds have a great chance to get in on the wild card and then all bets are off.

Lots of great races all through out the MLB this season, it's been fun to watch!

nad1998
Member Avatar
Administrator
Let's go Phils!! Need to keep on winning...let's take the East!

decrobyron

Go ROX!

Tadasimha

I don't know if the Rockies have it in them this season for one of their big runs. San Diego looks legit this year and the SF Giants have almost as good a starting staff. Looks to me like the wild card will be from the East in the NL - just depends on which team (Braves or Phillies) finish 1st, the other will still make the playoffs.

nad1998
Member Avatar
Administrator
The Phils have a tough west coast trip, but sweeping SD is a good start. The Braves just don't seem to lose..always have a comeback in them. Hope the Phils can continue their run in LA.

Tadasimha

They're definately making things interesting and keeping the heat on Atlanta. Oswalt looked really good today, had a no-hitter going there for a while. After a rough couple of early games with the Phillies, he's really settled in nicely. They'll be dangerous in the post-season, no doubt.

The Reds have come on like a steam roller lately and now have a commanding eight game lead going into the this weeks season with the fading Cardinals, who just got swept in three games in Houston. Big series for the Reds - they've yet to really prove they're ready to take on the top teams plus they've got a chance to knock a rival out of the post-season by Labor Day plus get a little something back for all the crap the Cardinals gave them three weeks back.

I can't wait!

Tadasimha

Well, my thoughts on the Rockies were WAY, WAY off! They're coming on the way they have in the past, getting hot at just the right time. They just beat the hell out of the Reds' in four games. The Reds are suddenly in a brutal slide, dropping five straight and their eight game lead is down to five games now.

Hopefully the Braves decide to catch up to the Phillies and take down the Cards and the Reds get healthy with an upcoming series against the Cubs, a team they've owned this season.

Good races this year, very tight in the NL in all three divisions and in the AL in the East and Central. Admittedly, the second place team in the AL East is guaranteed the wild card, but it's been fun to watch the Rays and Yankees duke it out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply