Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
D I Y Fog To Brake Light Conversion; How to convert rear fogs to brake lamps
Topic Started: Sep 2 2004, 09:54 PM (11,082 Views)
xnickx
Member Avatar
^^ You may thank me ^^
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Try the genuine bulbs perhaps?
90981-11048
Contacting me for parts

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DR-JEKL
Drifter
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
xnickx,Mar 31 2009
11:04 AM
Try the genuine bulbs perhaps?
90981-11048

That's an idea I never thought of.

Do you normally need to use oem bulbs though?
Posted Image

High End Stez: Eclipse AVN 6000 DLS Nobeliums 6.2 DLS Ultimate A3 & A4 amps (Active) JL Audio 10W7 Stinger pro cables TRD VER S Zorst, Full C West Bodykit (SOLD) BMW E92 335i owner now :)

xnickx
Member Avatar
^^ You may thank me ^^
Really isnt a need. I only buy them as they are handy LOL!
About the same price as Hella and Narva ones too anyway
Contacting me for parts

Posted Image

Posted Image

lexism
Member Avatar
FMWG!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
check the diodes, they tend to heat up and cause some issues sending power back through the circuit.
My nightmares consist of potholes and speed bumps.

DR-JEKL
Drifter
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RE99IE stated it wouldn't be the diodes otherwise the foggies wouldnt light up at all when I hit the brake pedal

So I went to Repco and it turns out the narva bulbs they supplied me were indeed dual filament bulbs.. They suggested to check my fuses...

Can anyone please pinpoint me on where the brake light fuse would be?
Posted Image

High End Stez: Eclipse AVN 6000 DLS Nobeliums 6.2 DLS Ultimate A3 & A4 amps (Active) JL Audio 10W7 Stinger pro cables TRD VER S Zorst, Full C West Bodykit (SOLD) BMW E92 335i owner now :)

Stephen
Member Avatar
Altezza Club of Australia
It's a 15A fuse labelled STOP. It's in the driver side kick panel. It's in the first column of fuses, 4th one down.
Posted Image

DR-JEKL
Drifter
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After a bit of thought i decided to swap the one good bulb over to the other side where the dead bulb was and funnily enough it worked!

So guys do not buy narva globes for our taillamps, I either purchased a dodgey set or the globes just do not quite fit the sockets <_<
Posted Image

cookie
Custom
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just thought I would post here if anyone is interested. I have fitted the clear lens's in the fog lights on the boot. Got to thinking that rear fogs are not something that are used much in Oz. So I ended up putting clear globes in them and rewiring them to be reversing lights, they are much brighter than stock. I then rewired the stock reversing lights and installed amber globes so now the whole bottom of the tail lights is an indicator.

caveman
Member Avatar
Tauranga, NZ
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

any pix of how you did the conversion wire's you have conected to etc looking at doing the same to mine
If a man speaks in the forest and isn't heard by a woman is he still wrong ?.

cookie
Custom
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's really quite simple. With the indicator just splice the stock reversing lights into the stock indicator wiring, I did this just behind the tail light assy. With the reversing lights just trace the wiring back through the harness using the colour coding on the wires and extend the wiring to connect to the new boot mounted reversing lights. Cut the fog light wires and terminate them as they will no longer be used. Can't take photo's as the harness is all taped up and sealed.

NewZealanda
Member Avatar
Andrew Adamson
[ *  *  *  * ]
Link is now dead.
Andrew

Posted Image

jdm.racing
Member Avatar
dumped IS200 :D
[ *  *  * ]
any update of your finished product stephen??

Jecks
Member Avatar
Stock
[ *  * ]
Does anyone have this saved as a PDF or have a link which works??
Current link is dead
Posted Image

NZWar4Life
Member Avatar
Body-Kitted
[ *  *  *  * ]
FOG DIY
Posted Image
2000 RS200Z Turbo
Auckland, New Zealand

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Interior Exterior · Next Topic »
Add Reply