Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
D I Y Door Panel Removal - The Simple Steps; How to remove door panels
Topic Started: Oct 30 2005, 08:29 AM (6,605 Views)
floss
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Ok, so i've gone and splashed out on new speakers etc, and comming to fit them (or at least make up the mounting brackets for them) i need to get the front door panels off.
So, i've removed the two screws on inside the door latch and down the door pull hand space, unclip most (i say most cos i think i got em all :)) and pull right. All the clips around the door come off, the window rubber is allowing me to pull the panel off, BUT the thing is, the plastic shroud around the door handle doesnt want to give it up - is this something that somes off with the door panel, does it stay with the door?

Can someone help - both left and right are the same - and i dont want to go pulling on something that will break on me....but im not going to pay someone to do what should be a (albeit time consuming) simple task.

Cheers everyone
Only two things are guaranteed in life - Death and Taxes. If anyone can help me get out of paying taxes i would be grateful
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floss
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
I BEAT HIM!!!

Google is the best tool ever, right after the flat blade screwdriver -
http://autorepair.about.com/library/weekly/aa092504b.htm

Basically there are two clips hidden from view - jam a screw driver (it suggests wrapping in electrical tape to protect from scratches) in at both top and bottom of the handle/lock pivit, rench and viola!

So, back to the stereo install :)
Only two things are guaranteed in life - Death and Taxes. If anyone can help me get out of paying taxes i would be grateful

greeneyes
Member Avatar
Targa Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
haha! Well done! Now you know more than us!

WRT your signature, I would suggest you see www.libertarianz.org.nz Taxes should be purely voluntary, and if the Govt can't sell their idea well enough then the country will just have to do without!

Mind you, there is very little a Govt should be involved in, as everything they touch turns to shit and the private sector is always more efficient and cheaper. I'd get them out of education and health and welfare instantly!

If not, open a nice cash business like a corner take-aways!!

I can't help with avoiding death tho'... :lol:
The Girl's KE70-
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/
How NOT to build a rally car-
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64027...ld-a-rally-car/

Icarus
Member Avatar
Stock
[ *  * ]
...you worked that one out in less time than I did. I spent a fair while looking at that puppy before I sussed out wtf was going on lol.

RESIST
The new toy!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Likewise! Haha, I just did mine recently and was almost ready to sledge hammer the door off. It has quite a nack to it ay.

Well glad you got things sorted.
RESIST
Bucklands Beach, AKL
021-480560

Booster
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
what a mission I had getting these off I had no idea how to do it .. but an hour of hunting around the wee clips came in to view and hey presto easy as that

Cheese
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
I was about to give up then I found this post. Please Sticky this mods!!!! Or we need a guide on how to get to all your speakers!!!!!!!

joshsoo
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Here's a front door disassembly guide.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Interior Exterior · Next Topic »
Add Reply