Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Speaker Wires; four colors?????
Topic Started: Mar 20 2006, 04:46 PM (871 Views)
wilson82
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
hey guys any ideas on which wires i hook up to my new 6x9s? when i removed the factory speaker it had four conections......i can't remember the colors but has anybody got any idea which wires i hook up to the new speakers.

Also.............any idea where i can get a mount to put the speakers in (i dont reallyu want to drill new holes!

CRAZY 4 THE KINGDOM
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cpufix
Member Avatar
Paraparaumu, Wellington
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
With most new installs, new wire (heavier size) is recommended from the amp to the speakers to handle the extra current that the new amp may be pushing to the speakers.

To answer your question you should recheck colours at the head unit end.

Some colours I have noted in the past

RL- Green Black
RL+ Green

RR - Violet Black
RR + Violet

So the wire with single colour is the positive.

Hope this helps.

wilson82
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Thanks -

ill check it out tonight and let you know
CRAZY 4 THE KINGDOM

fartalini
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Hi There,
Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I will forward a template for a spacer that fits all the original mounts, I made mine out of 16mm custom wood and painted black works a treat also as for wires I take it you have two sets of wires at the 6x9's I used (98 RS200Z) Right + blue /red, right negative grey /brown, left + blue / red
left - grey / brown. However this does assume you have used the rear speaker wires from the amplifier and not the rear woofer wires. I can also e-mail a description of head replacement and wiring if required

Posted Image
This is not a discussion, just do it......

fartalini
Member Avatar
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
OK, so im blonde, Ill go get the bottle now and be right for the next meet B) B) B)
This is not a discussion, just do it......

BIGW
Member Avatar
Body-Kitted
[ *  *  *  * ]
Altezza or Lexus?

If you have the separate tweeter/woofer like in the IS200 there will be 2 connections (4 wires) per speaker the bottom set that you can see when you look in from the boot are for the woofer you want the other set.
06 IS250 Prestige, 20's & 21" Sub

Wheels are like girls, stay away from 18's and under.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electronics In-Car Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply