Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stabilising/pre-loading Suspension; Installing Suspension Arms
Topic Started: Jan 3 2017, 12:23 PM (340 Views)
Stephen
Member Avatar
Altezza Club of Australia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
According to the workshop manual, prior to torquing the bolts for suspension arms, the suspension should be stabilised/pre-loaded. Any suggestions on how this can be done at home and still have access to torque the bolts? :wacko:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i usually put a jack under the ball joint and raise it up till it starts taking weight off the axel stand or whatever the car is sitting on, that way it is pretty close to being in the right position and i can still access all the bolts ;)
Goldmember - 2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Posted Image

Kinkywink
Stock
[ *  * ]
Pnut,Jan 3 2017
10:45 PM
i usually put a jack under the ball joint and raise it up till it starts taking weight off the axel stand or whatever the car is sitting on, that way it is pretty close to being in the right position and i can still access all the bolts ;)

second this.

depending on what your torquing to spec, put the car on blocks/ramps rather than axle stands? clearly not a solution when your half way through the job, but for a project to make it easier for your self, get a couple of big blocks of wood, about 30-40cm high so you can get under the car with suspension fully loaded

Stephen
Member Avatar
Altezza Club of Australia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This was for the 2 bolts that go into the body for the front upper arms. I couldn't access the bolts with the coilovers fitted.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Braking and Handling · Next Topic »
Add Reply