Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Megasquirt Ecu
Topic Started: Feb 26 2017, 08:23 PM (411 Views)
Kinkywink
Stock
[ *  * ]
Just wanting to start a discussion on what you fellows think of running a megasquirt ecu in the ol'tezza?
Clearly theres other options, such as the powerfc, which is now becoming quite had to come by, I've seen one on trademe for about 800 dollars, there's the link g4 as well.

the specific ecu I'm looking at is the megasquirt 3, either the pre-assembled or the DIY kit, its got all the bells and whistles, not to mention the fact that it just plain works at the least with a built in map sensor so i can rid that awful AFM that is so picky in the current setup!

the prices I've seen for the DIY kit is about $449 USD and $669 for the assembled kit.

what do you guys think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

madaltezza
Sleeper
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Go for the link spend the money and get a plug in for altezza it also has map sencor bilt in and your dash will still work have delt with a few cars with megasqurets amd they are never nice to drive and the tunes never come out as good as u can get with link the outher this is u take your car to most places that do tuning with link they will know to use the software ect meagsquite most places womt touch them

Kinkywink
Stock
[ *  * ]
I'm sort of hoping t get into the tuning world myself, and have access to a dyno, plus a guy who tunes a mirage of things with mega squirt 1s, which is why I've thought about it,

As for the whole plug and play dilemma, it's not terrible hard to make a small adapter harness to go from megasquirt to the 3s harness, but are the link ecus really that much advanced? Or just the ease of being a bigger company and more people knowing?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply