Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Driver Door Unlocked When Door Handle Pulled
Topic Started: Aug 6 2017, 08:17 PM (151 Views)
AE86TruenoGTV
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Hi all,

I just noticed my Altezza driver door's lock unlocked itself (from locked position) when I pull the door handle (tested both from inside and outside handle does unlock the door). The rest of the door does not have the same behaviour.
The door still able to lock and unlocked by the remote and also by using the key.
I have tried to google and search around but does not seem to find similar issue. I'm guessing something is worn out? Any advice?

Thank you and much appreciated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It should unlock if you pull the inside handle, but not the outside handle.
Goldmember - 2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Posted Image

AE86TruenoGTV
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Pnut,Aug 7 2017
07:26 AM
It should unlock if you pull the inside handle, but not the outside handle.

Thank you for reply Pnut. Mine as far I remember if I locked the door, pulling the handle from both inside and outside will not open the door (outside definitely won't open :) ). This are the same on all other 3 passenger doors too.
I did open the panel before but not really sure how to troubleshoot this issue.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Interior Exterior · Next Topic »
Add Reply