Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vvt Solenoids Beams 3s-ge; autos an manuals r they same parts
Topic Started: Oct 22 2017, 12:02 AM (88 Views)
sully
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
hi all
mechanic says i have to replace both solenoids expensive $320 apiece so lookin at gettin second hand ones for now just wonderin if they are the same in both auto an manuals

been havn trouble for last two weeks with car RS200 1999 altezza auto ..... wife drove home an said car revs are high when drivin an check eng light came on... so i jump in an fang up road to see for myself an yep eng light on an revs are up 1000 rpm so when stoppin at lights or something the car is tryn to pull forward ( idles high also in netural) strange when ur under braking the brakes will go hard to push an then u have to put in netural so they go back to spongey feelin

so go to mechcanics an explain this they check an brakes nothin wrong then they check vvt solenoids an had both out an seemed like they were stiiff so they tryed to lube an unstiffen them. replaced the old ones to let us know we have to replace em

ok so i price new freak out an look for second hand ones. i go to wreckers to find them they only have right hand side an tell me that left hand seem to be ones that fail so he asked if the mechcanic run car for codes i said no so he did an came up with PO135 oxy sensor heater circuit (bank1 sensor1) an P1354 VVT system malfunction ( bank2) exaust side
he sold me a secondhand oxy sensor sayin that should take care of the eng check light till vvt are replaced so i fitted it an reset ecu an took for a drive hoping for a miracle but didnt come. but eng check light came on 10 metres up the road (yay) drive for a bit longer an eng light goes out ( fist pump) thinkn it may be fixed i go home an then the rpm goes up 1500 2000 revs an now is worse than before ( thumbs down)

so now im lookin to find some vvt solenoids but needto know if there the same in auto an manuals

anyone had this happen to them
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply