Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is300 Ac Compressor Woes
Topic Started: Nov 2 2017, 09:30 PM (79 Views)
Abaddon
Stock
[ *  * ]
Hi,

Any fridgies here that might be able to help.

The AC stopped working in my IS300... clutch pulls in, plenty of gas pressure, no faults or flashing lights from the ECU. Compressor sounds normal no bearing issues or leaks anywhere.

It just doesn't cool!

I took it to a mechanic to put some gauges on it and they said the compressor has failed internally and quoted a couple of grand to fix it.

It's fairly low milage only 140k old... previously when i've had compressor issues its usually a leak or the bearings go... internal failure? The AC on my '87 60 series is still cold as!

Any help appreciated!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

greeneyes
Member Avatar
Targa Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Its dead I'd say, for one reason or another..

So pull it off, fit one off a 60series and get it refilled!

Certainly pull it off unless someone on here has a better idea, then strip it to bits and see what went wrong. I dont think you can get new internal parts for them, but I love to know what happened just for interests sake.

A young mate with a Cressida he'd just done a head job on couldn't get it to idle, mech said new idle motor required. We pulled the stepper motor to little bits and found a bearing siezed from water in there via the blown headgasket. Oiled it up and its fine. Maybe you'll be lucky...
The Girl's KE70-
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/
How NOT to build a rally car-
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64027...ld-a-rally-car/

Abaddon
Stock
[ *  * ]
I thought I would follow up on this in case anyone else is having issues as our cars get older.

and so... turns out it was the mechanical control valve on the compressor was the culprit... mechanical so doesn't show in the OBD2 errors.

Apparently its not common for denso compressors to have these but fairly common on local models bommodores etc.
Denso don't list the valve as something you can buy separately... however by searching the compressor model number I found one on ebay from china for $40 and decided it was worth a shot.

The valve looked very well made... had a fridgie replace and regas... IT LIVES!

Going on a couple of months now AC is perfect. Total cost $40 for the part and $180 for pump down and regas.

Stephen
Member Avatar
Altezza Club of Australia
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great, thanks for the update. This would be useful for others to check before replacing the compressor.
Posted Image

RS Tom-Hundred
Member Avatar
Stock
[ *  * ]
Nice one, glad you sorted it and thanks for the info :)
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electronics In-Car Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply