Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Front Suspension Components; Replacing front end
Topic Started: Nov 16 2017, 12:40 PM (97 Views)
T.Reid
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Hi Everyone,

New member here.... Originally from Australia but currently living abroad on Grand Cayman island. Surprisingly the Altezza is one of the second most common cars to Honda Civics over here... I guess people tend to buy them for their amazing engines and durability living on this remote and expensive island!

Ended up buying a pretty beaten up Altezza thats been neglected for quite a while at a dirt cheap price which worked out to about $3,000 AUD!!!

Looking to do a few things to put some new life into it.... Currently the cars running full Tein Coilovers with in car electronic damper adjustment, crazy for the price....

I've got a good feeling a few front end parts and bushes need replacing and parts are extremely hard to come by here most is ordered from Japan with long wait times and high import tax prices. Tried to source some local parts but surprisingly with so many Altezza's on the road here parts are still hard to come by.

Been looking over ebay and amazon as usually the US is the best option for me buying replacement parts however that usually leads to a lot of rubbish parts to sift through.

Thinking the below parts will need replacing and if anyone knows any options over here for me or possibly any ebay parts suppliers people have used that actually have ok parts ?

- Lower ball joint (purely for the fact of safety I just don't know what state their in)
- Tie rods (quite squeeky when turning left or right ?)
- Sway bar links

What bushes are in the front of the altezza that might be work replacing ? The car's driving quite nice the coilovers make it hard to figure out whats just clunky due to the stiffness of the ride which I'm quite used to having owned a JZX100 back in Aus but have never driven a stock Altezza to compare it to...

Thanks all for your help or taking the time to reply! Good mechanics, and info over here is hard to come by so I've been stalking the forums for some time. Might post up a ride thread so everyone can see the dramas I went through with buying coilpacks and getting the car running back on 4 cylinders :D

Photo of it for some of you to laugh at the state its currently in.... (hoping to get some panels replaced and possibly DIY spraying the car my self down the track)

Posted Image
Edited by T.Reid, Nov 16 2017, 01:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sway bar bushes might need replacing and are fairly simple. Caster bush (LCA2) is possibly knackered as well.

Go to Rockauto.com if you want some fairly decent parts at reasonable prices, most US brands are on there and shipping isnt too bad if you can get them all from the same area, even down to little old NZ.
Goldmember - 2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Posted Image

xnickx
Member Avatar
^^ You may thank me ^^
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most common reasons for any noise in the front end:

Front lower balljoints
Front castor arm bush (the rearward bush)
Swaybar links

If you get stuck for parts welcome to contact us :)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1156072/1/
Contacting me for parts

Posted Image

Posted Image

T.Reid
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Pnut
Nov 17 2017, 05:59 AM
Sway bar bushes might need replacing and are fairly simple. Caster bush (LCA2) is possibly knackered as well.

Go to Rockauto.com if you want some fairly decent parts at reasonable prices, most US brands are on there and shipping isnt too bad if you can get them all from the same area, even down to little old NZ.
Thanks I'll have a look and see what I can find on there saves me ordering any dodgey ebay stuff... has anyone actually ever used or tried out something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-LEXUS-IS200-IS300-SUSPENSION-KIT-1999-2005/263100932346?hash=item3d4209a0fa:g:vIAAAOSwRLZT2acI

Update: had a look on rockauto and it seems to be seriously well priced ? whats the deal with them ? I can get lower ball joints for like $35 and then $42 to get the fedex'd to the island in 1-2 days have you used them in the past etc do people from here use them I see they even sell moog parts fairly cheap too ?

I can only find they list is300's and cant seem to find anything specific to is200 or the altezza ? would is300 front suspension parts fit ?
Edited by T.Reid, Nov 17 2017, 11:04 AM.

T.Reid
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
xnickx
Nov 17 2017, 07:17 AM
Most common reasons for any noise in the front end:

Front lower balljoints
Front castor arm bush (the rearward bush)
Swaybar links

If you get stuck for parts welcome to contact us :)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1156072/1/
Have sent you an email Nick, sorry didn't read your full forum post and missed the part that included estimates for shipping... If I do get stuck for something I might have to order from you just the shipping is going to be a killer as its included in to the 22% import tax here for grand cayman :( Tax free island isn't so tax free!

T.Reid
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
So I've added this photo to try help out... These would be the usual culprits correct ? Trying to order some parts off RockAuto what model american delivered lexus parts do the IS200 fit though ? tried doing some part numbers searches and not having too much luck finding the lower ball joints!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by T.Reid, Nov 17 2017, 01:29 PM.

T.Reid
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Have decided to order Moog lower ball joints from RockAuto as their shipping was only like $32 for DHL to the island here so it worked out super cheap so thanks for the heads up with Rock Auto, most likely going to end up getting all the other parts and replacing them as I go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Braking and Handling · Next Topic »
Add Reply