Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blitz ZZR coilovers; Anyone Running Blitz ZZR
Topic Started: Nov 23 2017, 01:12 PM (40 Views)
PlatinumGroot
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Need some new shocks , car is lowered about 28 mm by chopping the springs and it worked very well , car sits lower and is a bit stiffer but not so much that the dampening was totally over whelmed .
However the car is about to hit 200,000 K"s and the dampening has deteriorated and the rebound is very poor !!
Sooo, was chasing some Tokico blues but they have been nil stock for a while now and I'm certainly not going to fit standard shocks and seeing if I could actually get the Tokico blues from the States the bill would be close to $800.00.
Time for some coil-overs !!
Have been doing a lot of research and if I had $1600.00 to spend would definitely get some MCA coil-overs as the guy who builds them [ Josh ] is only an hour away and they are a great unit and the service after sale is very very good .
However budget is only $1000.00 , so BC coilovers are also OK but over time they seem to not last and they are also nearly as much as the MCA's .
So Japanese made Blitz ZZR's are going to be my choice and was going to source them from Yahoo Japan brand new and would cost landed in my hands just over $1000.00 which is a prob as have to keep the price under a $1000.00 to avoid about $200.00 import duties !!
BUT they are on special at FRsport.com in the Sates for $560.00 US plus $220.00 freight , unfortunately the Aussie dollar has gone down recently and with the exchange rate it exceeds the $1000.00 import tax thingy by about $30.00 Guess I'll just have to wait for the dollar to go back up a bit .
Anyhow is anybody running Blitz ZZR's?
Have a set of borrowed ISC coil-overs with 12 KG springs in the front at the moment and they are a big improvement over my cut spring set up , was worth the exercise just to find out about the 12Kg spring rate.
The Blitz coil-overs are better than the ISC's , but especially better in the dampening.
Will report back when I have the Blitzes fitted.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Im guessing WoF's and Certs arent a problem? :P
Goldmember - 2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Posted Image

PlatinumGroot
Soccer Mom
[ * ]
Ha !!
None of that sort of stuff in Brisbane Australia !!
Actually in Queensland you only need a road worthy when buying or selling a car , so as long as it's not dumped to 2 inches off the ground and/or you don't have the wheels sticking out an inch past the guards you can run the car for as long as you own it with out a road worthy !!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Braking and Handling · Next Topic »
Add Reply