Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Altezza Club Of NZ/Australia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/lexusaltezzaclub/topic/1148393/1/#new

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is "set temp shift" for in the A/C?; Setting available in techstream
Topic Started: Dec 11 2017, 11:29 AM (94 Views)
Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have been hunting through the settings in Techstream and came across one called "Set Temperature Shift", with options of -2 -1 normal +1 +2 (Celsius). I understand it must be shifting a set temperature, but in what way? If its set to +2 does that mean when the cabin temp is set to 20C on the dial it thinks it is actually 22C or 18C?

Or is it shifting the actual cabin temp or external temp sensors so it will blow colder than it is?

Attached is an excerpt i found online but its not very descriptive
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Set_Temp_Shift.jpg (22.56 KB)
Goldmember - 2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

4ga
Body-Kitted
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't really know but I read that as if set to +2 and you set the AC to 20C then will target a cabin temp of 22C

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah its kind of vague, and i find with a lot of the settings if i read it one way it turns out to be the other lol :P
Posted Image

Pnut
Member Avatar
cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Found the description in the customization menu, "Function to control with the shifted temperature against the display temperature". Not sure if that means shifting the internal AC set temp, the external ambient temp, or something inconsequential like the external temp reading on the dash. I tried running the AC for a while with +2 and then -2 but no extreme changes were immediately evident, and non of the figures shown on the dash or on techstream moved much, the changes you can see are mostly the cabin starting to cool down after being on for a few minutes and changing to the other.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it might be setting?

Posted Image
Edited by Pnut, Dec 17 2017, 09:35 AM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Electronics In-Car Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply