Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Reactor. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MegamanDL; Game has been completed
Topic Started: Jul 14 2010, 07:34 PM (4,997 Views)
Riverroad
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Megaman: Day in the Limelight is a fangame of the older 8 bit series of Megaman games. The basic premise is that Megaman has mysteriously vanished and Dr. Wily is once again out for world conquest. Since Megaman is unavailable, it falls to the other six Robot Masters from MM1 to save the day. Each level involves guiding one of the Robot Masters to the exit and fighting the level boss.

Currently the game is completed.

Special thanks to Del for the custom sprites.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT VERSION DOWNLOAD LINKS (v1.2):
Download
Mirror (Megaupload)
Mirror 2 (Sendspace)
Mirror 3 (Mediafire)

Source code (v1.2): (Requires Game Maker 8 Pro to use):
Download source code
Mirror
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preview video of the gameplay:
[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-We3R2vkvc[/utube]

Review: Gamerzsnark review
Hadriex, known on these forums as Sum Gai, who made the preview videos for MKF v0.31 and v0.4 also created a video review for this game back when only the original six levels were made. The game has gotten somewhat easier since then, but the review's points still stand.

Other videos:
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7STLM-1uPw
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4chJ5Ad8HI (Spoils Wily Stage 4)
Edited by Riverroad, Feb 25 2011, 05:24 PM.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:
MegamanDL (Download, Mirror)
Hyrule Dungeon (Download, Mirror)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sum Gai
[ *  * ]
Updated link in my review to here. So people can find and download it.
Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Shodian
Member Avatar
Shadow Ninja

Awesome game. I really like it.

Also sup Sum Gui. Nice to have you here.
Posted Image

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
This is psycho_cid_420 from the old forums. I just wanted to let you know that I am officially featuring this game on my arcade console at Burning Man this year. Many people should play it out there. And don't worry, I'm not charging. I really like the work you've done on this game and would like to share it with others.

AuraLancer
Member Avatar
Dragoon rule #1: Don't jump indoors.

Whoa there, you better hurry up and finish it Riverroad, lol. I'm just kidding.
I'll just have to... Posted Image

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Aw crap! The race is on!

Seriously though, I'm very flattered that you would be willing to do that Chaos.Tiki. I hope anyone who tries this out enjoys playing it. :thanks:
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Updated with Wily Stage 5. The original post contains the full download, but if you already have the previous version, this link only contains the new .exe and music file. Place the .ogg file in the music folder and replace the old .exe with this one to get it to work. Linked here

Changes/Bug fixes:
-Intros for the Wily Stages. Pressing any key will skip them.
-Splash effect for entering and exiting water.
-The Gutsdozer boss (Wily Stage 4) will now have its fist disappear if the fist is still alive when it dies.
-Gutsman is slightly less wobbly when on the Gutsdozer tank in Wily Stage 4.

Posted Image

Edited by Riverroad, Jul 20 2010, 09:25 PM.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Aethis
Member Avatar
The Maikusoft Lord
[ *  * ]
No videos uploaded anywhere to see what it looks like in action before-hand?
Posted Image
-Main Computer-
GA-MA770-UD3 - Phenom II 940BE [200x15] - 3x2048 G-Skill PC2-8500 - XFX HD4890 1GB GDDR5
-Second Computer-
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe - AthlonXP 2600+ Mobile [200x11.5] - 2x1024 G-Skill PC3200 [2-3-2-5 1T] - BFG GeForce 6800GS OC [FW175.19]
-Stored Computer-
Soltek SL-75FRN2 - AthlonXP 2700+ [167x13] - 2x512 SpecTek PC2700 [2.5-3-3-7 1T] - GeForce FX5600 [FW175.19]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Making Dreams, Insanity.

[marq=left]Posted Image[/marq]

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Sorry about that. Updated the OP with some videos of the game.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Sum Gai
[ *  * ]
How many wily stages will there be in the final product?

Cabadath
Member Avatar
Evil Giraffe
[ *  *  * ]
Sum Gai
Jul 21 2010, 08:04 AM
This sounds extremely Sexual.

On topic,I just tried it,And found it to be playable.

And by my standards,That's an amazing compliment.

So GOODJOBRAH!
Posted Image
[marq=right]It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts It hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts [/marq]

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I like the new stage, I just have a couple of little nitpicks tho.

The part with the saw blades, there is one spot where it is nearly impossible to jump up without getting hit by that blade on the wall.

I feel that the yoku block section should have the block appearing at different heights instead of being so flat over the spikes. If you know what I mean.

edit: I found a bug. In wily 1 after fighting the dragon and beating him. I climbed the ladder off screen and eventually died from the bottom of the screen. The victory music played at the same time it started me back at the point.
Edited by Chaos.Tiki, Jul 22 2010, 01:44 PM.

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Quote:

It's probably going to be six.
Quote:

The part with the saw blades, there is one spot where it is nearly impossible to jump up without getting hit by that blade on the wall.

I feel that the yoku block section should have the block appearing at different heights instead of being so flat over the spikes. If you know what I mean.

edit: I found a bug. In wily 1 after fighting the dragon and beating him. I climbed the ladder off screen and eventually died from the bottom of the screen. The victory music played at the same time it started me back at the point.

-Saw Blades: Well, it is one of the final levels. It's a hard jump, but it is possible.
-Yoku blocks: I can mix them up a little. The last few pretty well need to be in a straight line, or close to it. I'd rather not make it as hair-tearing as the section from MM2's Heatman stage.
-Dragon boss bug: I'll get on that. Should be a pretty simple fix.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

wally2069
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
I love the Gutsman on stolen tank versus half Gutsdozer.

I like the direction you are going with this too.
Posted Image

Riverroad
Member Avatar

MegamanDL is mostly finished now. All the levels and the ending are included in this release, as well as a working save system (the Wily stages are locked off until all previous levels are completed, now.) Short of bug testing and balancing changes, it's done.

Sendspace Link

Posted Image

If you have played previous versions and don't want to beat all the levels up through Wily Stage 5 again, then download and place the file below into the MegamanDLv12 folder. It is a save file that has all stages up to Wily Stage 5 completed, Normal Difficulty, 5 lives, default controls.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The cheat key is now Insert and the game's ini save file is now encrypted, so you can't change the settings from there.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: data.sav (135 Bytes)
Edited by Riverroad, Aug 7 2010, 11:19 PM.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

AuraLancer
Member Avatar

Ooh ooh I can't wait for you to put the finishing touches on this. You don't mind if I spread it around Youtube do you?

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Not at all. If you think the game is any good, feel free to spread the word.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Sum Gai
[ *  * ]
Small bug, Wily 6, the screen with the 3 bombbats that you're supposed to go up, you can walkoff the screen to the right, which causes you to die.

In Cutman's section of the Wily Fight, you might consider toning down the movement speed of blocks coming at you just a little. And the bombman part seems to be missing something. (also a little cut-scene you could add that would fit in thematically: When Wily is defeated his saucer is smoking and he tries to get away, then all 6 robot masters hit him at the same time. Causing him to crash and the ending to play as it is now)

I only have 1 actual piece of critisism about the Wily fight. What's the piont of having extra lives if they don't do anything? If you beat him as iceman elecman and then die as cutman, you should come back in as cutman. Fighting the iceman fight over and over was not fun but rather tedious. Naturally no-one will fault you for leaving it this way as every megaman game ends with a multi-form Wily boss you have to fight fromt he very beginning after each death. But I feel forcing players to refight boss battles you've already won is a mistake.

I love Wily 6 btw, it's now my favorite area in the game. If was like The Crossroads of Megaman 2. Particularly the rock section. I laughed when the birds came in carrying Gutsblocks. Great stuff.

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Fixed the problem in Wily Stage 6. There's an invisible wall off the right side of the screen now.

I'd prefer not to allow starting where you leave off during the final boss. The difficulty is supposed to come from needing to beat all six phases in a row. It would not be particularly hard to win if you can pick up where you leave off upon dying. Also, I'm not sure how to pull that off without causing problems.

I'm going to increase the amount of damage that Iceman and Elecman deal to their bosses on normal and easy, and make the blocks move a little slower on Cutman's phase. The boss should be hard, since it's the last one, but it is a bit too much right now. The Bombman part is sort of a breather at the end. All the boss' other weapons have failed, so as a last ditch effort it just tries to run into you.

I'll see about putting a big finish on the fight, but there just isn't enough room on the screen to fit all 6 characters and Dr. Wily without them overlapping.

Thank you for the feedback.
Edited by Riverroad, Aug 8 2010, 11:24 PM.
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Bug: in heatman's stage during the the big climb before the boss room. Under the three yoku blocks on the left side of the screen, I managed to get launched to the top of the room by the wall.

Riverroad
Member Avatar

Chaos.Tiki
Aug 9 2010, 12:39 PM
Bug: in heatman's stage during the the big climb before the boss room. Under the three yoku blocks on the left side of the screen, I managed to get launched to the top of the room by the wall.
Ack, sorry. I'll fix that for the next release.

Also, Sum Gai created a very nice looking trailer for the game, which I have embedded in the original post. Youtube Link
MKF Dev, SMFR Dev

My Games:

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Metalman and his stage are unyielding.

I have a nitpick, in the Metalman boss fight could you add a screen flash when the conveyor belt changes direction like it did in MM2?

EDIT: The Cutman Wily fight is super hard... makes me wanna rip my hair out.

The Guts tank is screwed up again when it parks.

If you beat the final Wily and get hit at the same time you get stuck flashing in the stun position and slowly slide across the screen.
Edited by Chaos.Tiki, Aug 10 2010, 05:46 PM.

Del
Member Avatar
Spriter, level designer, coder, etc.

Amazing game, the last levels and the final battle are epic, cool ending too.. I'm glad I helped with this game; hmm now that it's in its polishment stages perhaps we should look for some popular youtube user to LP it, how about MegaphilX? I'm sure he'd love to review it at least hehe.
v READ THE FAQ

---> http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/topic/8079134 <---

READ THE FAQ ^

AuraLancer
Member Avatar

yep I'm already on it.

Del
Member Avatar
Spriter, level designer, coder, etc.

found a small bug, in the last wily stage, in the bomb-themed enemies section, the far right room with 3 bomb bats where you have to climb up, if you move to the right of the room there's no wall and you can fall off the screen; also another silly "bug", the boulder tossing enemies in the guts-themed section, when you kill them with FireMan they don't burn

at last a question, why there's no fire-themed section in the last wily stage? a very small one, perhaps the first of the level could fit, dunno, or I guess you skipped it on purpose since you got FireMan

edit: found another bug but I have no idea why did it happen, Elec Man's turn vs the saucer, the bottom fireball generator didn't shot fireballs for some reason, only the top one.. I was playing on Hard mode
Edited by Del, Aug 10 2010, 03:47 AM.
v READ THE FAQ

---> http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/topic/8079134 <---

READ THE FAQ ^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fangame Showcase · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards
Skin based on BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow (IFSZ)