Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Reactor. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SCV3 general discussion.; Post your general input here.
Topic Started: Jul 25 2010, 07:18 PM (1,981 Views)
Obreck
Member Avatar
MKF Chairman, SCV3 leader/founder, Deranged Coder

Be sure to read the FAQ before making requests or asking questions:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/topic/7921273/1/#new
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WhiteRoseBrian
Member Avatar
Who's a stallion and a half? I'm a stallion and a half!

I found some very nice arrangements from the recent arcade game!

I'll post this one as an example. The user has many more tracks on his account on YouTube.

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTzvvomh37M[/utube]

Judgement may have questionable designs, but I think some of the arrangements are nice, such as this one.

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxxw_7hW1E[/utube]

This one is a force to be reckoned with.

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcizlIz3HsA[/utube]

Edited by WhiteRoseBrian, Jul 29 2010, 09:02 PM.
Come see my drawings on DeviantArt
http://whiterosebrian.deviantart.com/

"Love to throw yourself on the earth and kiss it...Love all men, love everything...Don't be ashamed of that ecstacy, prize it, for it is a gift of God and a great one; it is not given to many, but only to the elect."
--Zosima, Brothers Karamazov

MoneyMan
Member Avatar
Spriter, Lurker
[ *  *  * ]
I really like the idea, and amazingly it doesnt lag on my piece of shit computer
nice work so far
Posted Image

lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo

TheomanZero
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'd just like to say that I'm really excited about this. It's got a ton of great and interesting ideas, and it's exactly the sort of thing you'd never see in a commercially published game. This is exactly what fan games should be all about.
Visit The Wandering Wordsman!

WhiteRoseBrian
Member Avatar
Who's a stallion and a half? I'm a stallion and a half!

I played the demo and it is very promising.
Come see my drawings on DeviantArt
http://whiterosebrian.deviantart.com/

"Love to throw yourself on the earth and kiss it...Love all men, love everything...Don't be ashamed of that ecstacy, prize it, for it is a gift of God and a great one; it is not given to many, but only to the elect."
--Zosima, Brothers Karamazov

leontas2007
Greenhorn
[ * ]
please can anyone tell me how to make the game fullscreen? :S

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Yeah i believe it's F4 to maximize the screen. I tried a number of things like alt+ enter and eventually learned by hitting F4 that it did the trick. I dunno if it'll stay that way when you exit the game and come back though.

Shodian
Member Avatar
Shadow Ninja

The game will start out small everytime, you do need to press F4 whenever you want to full screen.
Posted Image

leontas2007
Greenhorn
[ * ]
thank you very much! now I can enjoy the game :) :)

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Hey no problem, i hit like every button on my keyboard an eventually found it it's sorta random you know. Glad to help!

TheomanZero
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Speed Demos Archive just posted some Castlevania III speedruns, which I watched with much nostalgia.
One thing these runs reminded me of is the character portraits: the little picture of your other character in the status bar. Could that be implemented in SCVIII? It may not work with the SCVIV-based HUD you're using, but I thought they were kind of neat.

Clan D
Greenhorn
[ * ]
I was thinking about the different paths in the original, so how about using those to have a history mode, will be a little like this: You start with Trevor, clear the first stage, the town, automaticaly follow to Clock Tower, where you resue Grant, he will offer his help but Trevor will refuse, stating that it is a family matter or something like that, then the games branch, Trevor will go the swamplands and eventually end up in the catacombs where he will meet Alucard and accept his help, lets say because he feel identified with the daphnir's struggle, it is a family matter for him too after all, and the two of them will enter the castle trought the underground levels, as for Grant he will continue through the forest and eventually save Sypha and they will form the other duo, reaching the castle with the ghost ship and entering it at the ground levels, the two duos could meet again near the throne room and join into a full party for the final strike againts Dracula.
Then after the game has been cleared, you could replay any of the stages with any duo you prefer, ┬┐So what do you think?
Edited by Clan D, Feb 9 2011, 08:43 PM.

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Its interesting, but I want the ability to choose my path if I had the choice.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Dude that almost sounds like a soul calibur storyline right there. It's a nice concept but will it flow with the orginal?I think the bigger question to me is the story of each character. How in depth will it be. It seems like nes cv3 was a bit vaque and you almost have to do some research to find the diNasty family is actually a real family line of princes that rivals dracula's directly. The thing i like most about konami's concepts is while they are very unrealistic but imagintive at times. Some of there actual chracters and bosses are actually taken from historical material. Olrox is a chracter from Nosferatu, actualy called Orlox. Galamoth is an enemy in Kid Dracula from what i hear.There are other chracters along the way in some of their games that have some true storyline and konami does some simple name changes and such. I wonder if the paths change for different chracters does it now alter the story line somewhat? Hmmm.... something to think about.
Edited by Laslunder, Feb 9 2011, 10:26 PM.

TheomanZero
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I think that whenever you beat a level, it should take you to the map and let you pick your next level. Possibly the first time you can only play new levels, with old levels only being replayable once you've beaten the game once (like SMB3), or you can just replay old levels from the start, so you can explore the whole map and unlock all of the characters before fighting Dracula for the first time (like SMW, I guess).
The question is whether unlockable characters should be playable in old levels. If you don't mind letting Alucard fight himself and such, then giving unrestricted access to a character once (s)he's unlocked in probably the simplest solution. If you want to prevent that, the rule should be that if a certain level can come after the one where that character's unlocked, then (s)he's available on that level. This should be applied in parallel -- for example, if you unlock Grant on one path, then go back and play another path and unlock Sypha, then when the paths merge you can use either one.
Or something like that. Also:
Quote:

daphnir
I thought it was "dhampir".
Edited by TheomanZero, Feb 9 2011, 11:18 PM.

Clan D
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Yep, I wrote in kind of a hurry, so thanks for the correction.

Regarding the history of the characters I also think it would be cool to give them some more background, maybe each one can have a couple of stages that can only be played by them and related how they got where Trevor meets them, for example we could have Sypha getting to the forest stage from an alternate path and fight a different boss, say Medusa, or maybe a necromancer, just when she tough she have won, the boss will do a final attack and petrify her, or lets say Dracula himself came to chalenge her, he defeats her and decide no to kill her, because he found her way to beautiful to just waste her away, so as a rather sadistic homage he turns her into sentient yet completly helpless garden decoration.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Dude! Clan D not a bad idea imo. I think i'd go with the first one like medusa petrifies her before moving onto the ghost ship or something. I think Drac would have his hench men or hench women do his bidding anyways. He'd lurk deep in his toruturous castle waiting and plannign the gangs next moves. But yeah necromancer, or medusa not a bad idea man. To bad it's before shafts time cause then he could come and put a possesed spells on grant and make him into that ape looking thing he is when he's a boss. Oh wait there will be headhunter as i recall. Hmmm. Maybe the headhunter has him captive or something and is told to guard him.

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

I like the story clan D, but the canon story of syphaq tuned into stone was done by the cyclop monster. read this: Sypha Belnades has magical powers. After Count Dracula had deatroyed the town of Wallachia, she began her journey to defeat the Count shortly before Trevor began his. Somewhere along the way, Sypha was attacked by a strange being and was turned into stone, then Trevor defeated the monster and freed her from her stone stasis. In appreciation she joined Trevor in his journey along with Alucard and Grant. After Dracula was defeated, she moved in with Trevor and it was rumored that she helped extend the Belmont family.

TheomanZero
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
reiko26
Feb 10 2011, 02:33 PM
After Dracula was defeated, she moved in with Trevor and it was rumored that she helped extend the Belmont family.

Bow chicka bow wow

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Um now that you mentione it yeah things should be a bit more canon i agree. But with that said i stilll like the idea of grant and alucard having more of a story other than them just being there. Maybe grant could elaborate more on what exactly happened. And alucard could tell of a story of how corrupt his father became that he could no longer sit back and watch teh innocent suffer at his hands no more. Kinda like in sotn.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Granted i realize i'm double posting here. But no one has posted for what seems aeons on this topic plus i felt it belonged here. Well just got some animated gif files though you guys might like to check out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

absolutely fantastic. i always wondered how that would look or be incorporated in this version vs the nes version. this is mind boggling. I gotta ask you though Las, are there anymore stages that you plan on making? are you working on anymore stages as of now?

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Wow for one good version of gabriel as your avator. Nicely done! Oh well do i plan on making any other stages. Well honestly i wouldn't mind. But if it's ok with obreck i'd like to write up a tutorial for members only so that should they chosse to participate in building a level and with his ok, that they may do so. It's not very complicated but like i said with his ok just for team members. Eitehr way i figure he's got alot on his plate with coding and what not. So if a solid effort to move this project along at least a little faster i can assume a tutorial might be of help. I'm willing to do(resoop up) whatever sprites need work, or added sprites if need be, or any level building if it need be aswell. But either way i can have a tutorial written in about a weeks time. If that helps obreck. I guess like i said it'd be up to him. I have a very vast knowledge of what's going on so i doubt highly taht anyone will get drastically confused. Well i guess more than anything this is the best place for people to discuss things. So please anyone feel free and join in the topic.
Edited by Laslunder, Jul 2 2011, 05:43 PM.

LesserAngel
Member Avatar
Shot Down... Alot.
[ * ]
I gotta say I'm impressed, the controls are good and the game is fun, especially for a demo. I do have one issue, my anti-virus software reads vio2sf.bin as a virus, so either that's not supposed to be there or my AV software is being stupid. Any clarification would be appreciated.
Gundam Girls, a combination of two of my favorite things in life.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

@lesserangel the vio.sf files will not harm your pc. At least You should'nt have a problem. I dont know for certian cause i didnt' ask obreck but i believe these files have something to do with being able to play .mp3 files for the game. Otherwise game maker i beilieve has issues running mp3's. From what i know wav and midi's are easier to use but in wav format that'd slow down the game big time. Midi's are cool imo but at times seems to be a bit more basic. I think that's why mp3's are more preferable for the most part. At least i'm guessing that's why obreck likes to use them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Super Castlevania 3 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards
Skin based on BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow (IFSZ)