Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Reactor. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My current stage WIP: Braum's Aquaducts
Topic Started: Aug 16 2010, 04:11 AM (2,150 Views)
Obreck
Member Avatar
MKF Chairman, SCV3 leader/founder, Deranged Coder

Currently I am working on stage 6A. It is a hybrid of the "Stream" stage of CV3 and the mansions of CV2.

So far got the first room tiled.

The area might be familiar to old school CV players:

Posted Image

Water is a common theme in this stage:

Posted Image

Oh, just for fun here is the new load screen for SCV3:

Posted Image

Armored skeletons with swords are among the new enemies:

Posted Image
Edited by Obreck, Aug 16 2010, 04:12 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Silent
Member Avatar
Pineco
[ *  *  * ]
Looks great, Obreck.
Posted Image

MoneyMan
Member Avatar
Spriter, Lurker
[ *  *  * ]
Looks nice as always
Posted Image

lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

OMG Mike this is mind boggling to me. I really like how you incoporated a remix of cv2 and 3 stage into one.that takes me back to them days of nes lol.

ps,hey if you need anything else from me,pls let me know.and are you going to use the custom alucard or are you using the original? just wondering being that i see classic alucard sotn version.

Obreck
Member Avatar

Here's scene inspired from part of CV2's wilderness:

Posted Image

Here's the Axearmors of SCV3. I wanted something a bit old school in their design, something close to the original CV3 look. They are an combined edit of the CV4 and Chronicles Axearmors with a SOTN palette similar to the CV3 blue shade.

Plus all the modern Axearmors are created for tons of manually animated parts, a bit much to create for a standard enemy.

Posted Image

Axearmors start with a shield that will stop most player projectiles dead in their tracks. However they break after absorbing too many hits and offer no protection from Sypha's magic:

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Like in newer CV games Axearmors will throw their axes downward at players below them. Unless your playing easy mode:

Posted Image
Edited by Obreck, Aug 22 2010, 07:04 PM.
Posted Image

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

yeah Axe armors! That's a good bit! Can't have a castlevania game without those guys. they're always a pain, like medusa heads escpecially when there's a handful in one area. BTW Obreck i'm really diggin the waterfall levels. It's got moving water right? Lots of fishmen two i'd assume. Wanted to know what enemy is on the top screenshot above alucard(Roman soldier-ish) never seen that foe before.Just to ask, hypothetically, if you now have alucard playable aswell as trevor, how will you use the two interchangeably? In the nes version i believe you'd hit the select button to switch. How will that play out here? Have you gotten that far yet? Oh before i forget under character discussion group reiko26 and i have been brainstorming on some ideas for possible intro and ending parts. If you get a chance you should jump over to that page. We haven't yet posted the intro stuff yet but did with the ending scenes for all 3 characters. Don't know if they'll be of interest but theyr'e there.
Edited by Laslunder, Aug 22 2010, 10:39 PM.

Obreck
Member Avatar

Quote:

BTW Obreck i'm really diggin the waterfall levels. It's got moving water right? Lots of fishmen two i'd assume.

Yeah, there is moving water, and red fishmen are common in parts of the stage.

Quote:

Wanted to know what enemy is on the top screenshot above alucard(Roman soldier-ish) never seen that foe before.

Those are Trident Armors. They appear in CV2 in the fortresses. Since this stage mixes in CV2 fortress elements I put them in. The slimes from CV2 will also be present.

Quote:

Just to ask, hypothetically, if you now have alucard playable aswell as trevor, how will you use the two interchangeably? In the nes version i believe you'd hit the select button to switch. How will that play out here? Have you gotten that far yet?

Yes I already added the player swapping system. It is similar to the CV3 version, though the transition is much faster and based off a Haunted Castle special effect. In the current build you can swap between Trevor and Alucard with a button press.
Posted Image

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

yeah dude,awesome. we got axe armors!! hey Mike i like how you incorporated the axe armors axe throw downward. Also i think that i will find it intriguing to see what the trident armors will do. major kudos my friend :yes:
Edited by reiko26, Aug 24 2010, 07:02 PM.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Well now i see why you encorporated the diagonal whipping for Trevor/maybe Sypha. Axe armors throw diagonal through the floors, now that'll be tricky to defend against when trying to move forward in a level. I believe the only time i've ever seen that happen in a konami game would be in sotn/nitm when your in the hallway of the castle keep headed up to fight richter in dracula's throne room. If your not careful on the ground above the hallway where the hunchback/falcon birds are the axe armors will actually throw through the floor at you. I remember the first time seeing this i was kinda shocked like i didn't know what to expect.

Obreck
Member Avatar

Here is the stage miniboss, the Giant Merman. Some might recongize him from the GBA game, Harmony of Dissonance:

Posted Image

In this game he's a red merman breed, thus uses a fire attack instead of waves:

Posted Image

He can also summon merman and toads to his aid:

Posted Image

And he has a dash attack:

Posted Image

Fortunately his pattern is at least predictable and his health fairly low.
Posted Image

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

Bravo,looking good Mike.looks very promising as well.

EvilMariobot
Member Avatar
So, who want's an ICBM?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Obreck
Aug 26 2010, 05:39 AM
Posted Image

Fortunately his pattern is at least predictable and his health fairly low.
And yet, he still killed you. :P
Skin Mods:
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/5q2dpq
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgnmc4
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/fm72y7
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/zltl76
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvx20a

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Smoking Vomiting Stationary Game Machine
[ *  *  * ]
The Giant Merman was not as fun as the Giant Slime though.
Doing stuff
living large
Human
Bob Loblaw
Beast

Also, Kirby is Kirby last year's wool

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Yeah the merman boss reminds me of the one in svk he was pretty tough.It's funny there's a video on youtube about the slime boss as being the most inventive boss ever made by konami. It looked easy as hell to beat. I happen to find this link, and i thought it was well kinda funny, though it has nothing to do with the slime:

castlevania lego sotn, interesting stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE9jkPHg2HA&feature=related

BTW the level is really nice. Hopefully it'll be ready with the other levels for a release.
Edited by Laslunder, Aug 27 2010, 08:27 PM.

Obreck
Member Avatar

Well next release is planned to be this stage, Swamp, the first stage, and playable Trevor & Alucard.

Here's some more enemies that will be there:

There are swimming fishmen now:

Hey look its those slimes that made CV2 hellish. They bounce around annoyingly, and even can cling to the ceiling:

Speaking of hellish enemies, I also added the Dracula X style spear guards. They were reduced to cannon fodder in the Castleroid games, but in Dracula X and especial its SNES port they were a nasty encounter:

Posted Image

Beware their power swing, which has horrendous knockback:

Posted Image

They also can take stabs at players from above and below. And have a projectile deflection move:

Posted Image

And no, the classical spear guards have not been scrapped. They are still in the game too:

Posted Image
Edited by Obreck, Aug 28 2010, 07:02 AM.
Posted Image

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

awesome. Im glad that you decided to add the lil slimes.those little boogers used to give me all kinds of hell in simon's quest.that should make this game more challenging with them present.takes me back in time.
and the dracula x spear guards.wow, its fascinating to see that they are making a comeback in there purest forms.as you said,they were watered down in the castleroid versions but fought savagely in the dracula x series.

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I hate kung fu spear guards. Every time I killed one I felt refreshed.
Doing stuff
living large
Human
Bob Loblaw
Beast

Nitros
Member Avatar
Not a robot.
[ *  * ]
I've go the feeling I'm going to hate those spear guards with a passion.
MKF
-------------
8-S2: Dark Castle (WIP)
8-F?: Kong-struction Site (WIP)

SMMF: FE
-------------
1-3 (Done)
1-4 (Done)

Obreck
Member Avatar

Well 2 more things to show you.

One is the Victory Armors/Sword Lords. Big brutes that hit hard, but more bark than bite to a skilled player:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The second is a crumbling bridge:

Posted Image

All that is left now is the boss, but that is a surprise for the next demo, which should be released shortly after this stage's completion. Its no one anyone would suspect, but will show off some of the coding marvels this game will contain.
Edited by Obreck, Sep 1 2010, 01:05 AM.
Posted Image

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Obreck
Sep 1 2010, 01:04 AM
All that is left now is the boss, but that is a surprise for the next demo, which should be released shortly after this stage's completion. Its no one anyone would suspect, but will show off some of the coding marvels this game will contain.
I hope it's Talos or the Giant Bat.
Doing stuff
living large
Human
Bob Loblaw
Beast

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

we would be in big trouble if it is Galamoth.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Galamoth what a pain! Yeah he'd be in the high hit point side if ported from sotn. Far more than even shaft,death, or dracula. The best way he suffers is by knifes(holy water did nothing in sotn). I love suprises especially when guessing who you'll be up against at the end of a stage. How about Igor and Frankenstein. No wait they'd be in a dungeon or something. Defenitly not a Amodokon Mummy level either. I don't know. It ain't drac, at least i know that. What about that Zephyr boss with the claws. Ya know the one that looks like wolverine with red hair. I'm guessing it's not medusa she should be on the ship i think. Maybe it's a leventhian demon boss. Should be fun! Can't wait to find out. Ooh man i have this CV song i don't know where its from it'd be perfect for the inbetween levels(taking the high road,low road with you friend). Reiko Alucard is in game now! CHeers!

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

i wonder if there is a designed map for taking the low road or high road? what if the boss for this stage is shaft or maybe a zombie simon belmont lol jk.idk cant wait to see.

whats with the silence here??? :what:
Edited by reiko26, Sep 7 2010, 02:30 PM.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Yeah it would be interesting to know if someone out there's done a high road/low road map for all the levels in 16bit. Has anyone worked on this? Any how i found a song that sounds like it would fit well if there isn't a good version of the original. The song is called Life Timer ~Countdownl Mission~ from the soundtrack Castelvania Pachislot Original Soundtrack. It sounds great! Hey Obreck did you get my pm messages? I sent you two of them.
Edited by Laslunder, Sep 8 2010, 10:38 AM.

reiko26
Member Avatar
Master Editor

hey las,in the original game of draculas curse,it would show trevor or trevor and whoever he kept with him. i was thinking about how a remake of that would look if trevor found all 3 chars and it would possibly look like this
Posted Image
then if that secret char" u know who" is actually going to be playable then maybe his ending would vary from trevors drastically and dramatically. but hey,only time will tell. oh yeah, i would like to check out that track you were talking about as far the high road and low road. to my knowledge, im not sure that anyone has made one yet. but then again we dont know what the mechanics of how the map is going to look. guess we will have to wait or ask mike himself
Edited by reiko26, Sep 9 2010, 08:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Super Castlevania 3 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards
Skin based on BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow (IFSZ)