Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Reactor. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Xeno Fighters R discussion
Topic Started: Jul 17 2010, 02:08 PM (1,568 Views)
Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I figured it is time to say that I am ofically featuring this game on my arcade console for Burning Man this year. I figured I'd let you know. Keep up the good work!

My only request for this game is customizable controls. That way it can become a part of my random game generator.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dante
Member Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
This looks like a game I'll have to show to my friend I hooked on DoDonPachi.

Might finally get him to stop playing that.

Nice work so far Judge
[marq=right]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image[/marq]

TrebleTrouble
Hi SuperScatman96!

Can I suggest a new "ship"?

Spoiler: click to toggle
Banned twice on old IPBFree boards, came back here and never cleaned up his attitude. Banned forever.

MoneyMan
Member Avatar
Spriter, Lurker
[ *  *  * ]
TrebleTrouble
Sep 14 2010, 02:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the ship roster is set, and if it isnt theres still no more ships from non shmup games
Posted Image

lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
MoneyMan
Sep 14 2010, 02:13 PM
TrebleTrouble
Sep 14 2010, 02:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the ship roster is set, and if it isnt theres still no more ships from non shmup games
Zapados is from a SHMUP?

Keiang
Member Avatar
My Avatar! I'll change it! No one will ever know!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Zapados doesn't count, that was a reference to something. But all the other pogeymangs like Gengar got scrapped.
The Dover Boys? Then Dora must be alone and unprotected!

Cap'n Coconuts
Member Avatar

Yeah.

Gun6 gave JudgeSpear some Zapdos sprites intended for XF-R as he was the "Zapdos of MUGEN" (Wikipedia gives a better explanation of MUGEN than I can; go look it up over there if you need to).

Then stuff like Gengar was being suggested for/added to the game, threatening to make it an MKF of SHMUPs. So everything that wasn't from a SHMUP (except Zapdos) was purged.

Sorry TrebleTrouble, but only actual SHMUP ships will be considered, and even then I'm not too sure how JS is currently dealing with suggestions.

TrebleTrouble
Hi SuperScatman96!

Okay...
But I don't understand, why JudgeSpear don't want non-SHMUPS things (except Zapdos)?
Banned twice on old IPBFree boards, came back here and never cleaned up his attitude. Banned forever.

Xavier Genisi
Member Avatar
oh crap

Because he wants it that way. Non-shmups things don't make sense in a hardcore shmup game.

All that Zapados is in this game is an injoke reference.
Posted Image

JudgeSpear
Member Avatar
I got time is on my side!!!

I am keeping Xeno Fighters R consistent. That's why I am using only ships from other SHMUPs. If I add Mario, Goku, Mega Man, Snoopy, and a wedge of cheese as shmups ships, then it becomes ridiculous. This is not like MKF.

Zapdos is an injoke reference. Back when I was active in MUGEN, I called myself the "Zapdos of MUGEN". Gun6, a community member whom I have known since my MUGEN days, made Zapdos sprites to use in this game. This is the only non-SHMUP character I will allow.
Edited by JudgeSpear, Sep 18 2010, 11:47 AM.
Xeno Fighters R has a new forum! Click here to visit it: http://xenofighters.virtuaboard.com/
Posted Image

Belmontzar
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
OH GODS this post is gonna be smple, goofy and spammy but..

THAT WAS AWESOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

FINALLY a top down shooter I can actually play.. its simple and easy to understand.. and almsot fully customised^^ teh musc is awesome, teh ships are awesome. My little sis loves teh fat Zapdos is there... Also, havgn other chars show up as back up.. that was epic^^. died once, colected stuff real quick and suddenly.. boom. I got moltres and articuno next ot me andim all like @.@ hehe^^

adn then you added VIC VIPER! the character form the only side scroller shooter I like, Gradius (and of course parodius). Nothign made me smile like blowing the heck out of things with missiles and 5 options flying around behind me^^ So many explosions and bullets and.. NO slow down. o.O

this game IS win. All my base are belong to you guys..

any chance of a side scroller side ways shooter? same engine just left to right?

Oh yeah its awesome that you have a boss rush mdoe planned.. that is gonna be awesome^^. LOL

In short OMG awesome. OMG epic^^ want a version that's left to right, and CANT wait to see the missing shps and Rest of ht stages^^

hehe^^ I sunk your battle plane^^ LOL

now to be honest I cant even think of any ships that are missing..
Posted Image-looking for Megaman extreme zero image.. to go here or below if its runnign to the right- [marq=right]Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image[/marq]

Derpy Hooves
Member Avatar
MUFFINS!
[ *  * ]
Well, if you count the Skypop/Subpop sections, Mario does have some shmupness to him, as does Kirby, who delves into shmups as par of final battles.

But those two aside, I think that the project is pretty sweet, although a bit unforgiving on newbs.
I deliver da mail 'round here.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/blog/main/3093781/

I'm writing this. I'm so proud!

Belmontzar
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Firemariomki
Nov 14 2010, 02:35 PM
Well, if you count the Skypop/Subpop sections, Mario does have some shmupness to him, as does Kirby, who delves into shmups as par of final battles.

But those two aside, I think that the project is pretty sweet, although a bit unforgiving on newbs.
objection! LOLZ

I happen to suck at this type of game.. ad I only have one question.. It says you can change lives number in the help, but how do you do that actually? LOLZ ^^
Posted Image-looking for Megaman extreme zero image.. to go here or below if its runnign to the right- [marq=right]Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image[/marq]

EvilMariobot
Member Avatar
So, who want's an ICBM?
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've been thinking. Since some ships won't get alts; maybe they could be skinned. What do you think?
Skin Mods:
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/5q2dpq
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgnmc4
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/fm72y7
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/zltl76
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvx20a

JudgeSpear
Member Avatar

EvilSantabot
Nov 28 2010, 12:07 AM
I've been thinking. Since some ships won't get alts; maybe they could be skinned. What do you think?
It is very likely the ship graphics will be externalized, so yes, you will be able to skin all of the ships as you can the characters in MKF.
Xeno Fighters R has a new forum! Click here to visit it: http://xenofighters.virtuaboard.com/
Posted Image

Chaos.Tiki
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
How do I find Minculus's?

JudgeSpear
Member Avatar

Chaos.Tiki
Jan 12 2011, 05:58 PM
How do I find Minculus's?
Hover over their hiding spots for about 2 seconds.

The "green glitched graphic" you found in Stage 2 is a marker for one of them in that stage.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Obreck
Member Avatar
MKF Chairman, SCV3 leader/founder, Deranged Coder

I have a suggestion for the Legendary Wings players final stage custom music:

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4gmOTPNOj4[/utube]

Also I had intended Falchion Beta to use Lord British's voice and victory SFX, being Jade Knight already takes up the same voice/jingle SFX of the Vic Viper, to balance it all out.
Edited by Obreck, Jan 30 2011, 11:11 PM.
Posted Image

JudgeSpear
Member Avatar

@Obreck: One thing I plan to do is make the script that determines the final stage music based on the chosen ship external. The script is basically a SWITCH statement using the ship ID#'s, and I can fully document the ID numbers in the external script. This means that players will be able to add their own final stage ship music (in conjuction with editing the XFMUSIC.INI file) that are not included with the release.
Posted Image

Maksym
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Wow, this game is hard O_O.

Cap'n Coconuts
Member Avatar

Yes.

And some people on the internet want it to be harder. O.o

LesserAngel
Member Avatar
Shot Down... Alot.
[ * ]
I have to say, it's difficult for me to find a fan game (if that term is inaccurate I apologize.) that I enjoy playing, XFR is one of two I've found so far. Keep up the good work! By the way, am I correct in assuming the Vic Viper having Slave Ships a temporary thing? It doesn't make sense to me since it already has options.
Gundam Girls, a combination of two of my favorite things in life.

JudgeSpear
Member Avatar

LesserAngel
Jul 12 2011, 12:56 AM
By the way, am I correct in assuming the Vic Viper having Slave Ships a temporary thing? It doesn't make sense to me since it already has options.
Vic Viper is the only Gradius ship that uses Slaves. It does not use the Shield Slaves that the other three Gradius ships use. The Vic Viper fuses both Raiden Fighters and Gradius mechanics, while the other three are more Gradius oriented.
Posted Image

Yookuro
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Can I suggest a ship? This one's quite obscure but excellent cute em up from Jaleco. I've cleared it few times for now.

Plus Alpha Stage 1
Plus Alpha Full Playthrough

Celia & Pupera (Plus Alpha)

Normal
: Threeway Shot (Default Plane Power)
Missile: Heli Arrow (Helicopter Power Up)
Laser: Jet Wave (Jet Powerup)
Bomber: Triple Hyper (Creates a spinning explosion like the bomb or "Hyper" when you're using it in Plane Form )
(Slave: Can't think one now)

Edited by Yookuro, Jul 14 2011, 05:16 AM.

LesserAngel
Member Avatar
Shot Down... Alot.
[ * ]
I see your point, having four fighters that play the same would be kind of pointless. You know what though, this game needs a playable helicopter (imo), Twin Cobra II anyone? Also, Michelle Heart's (and her slave "ships") wings don't flap when she's moving, is this technical limitation or an oversight? Figure I'd bring it up either way. One problem with Twin Cobra II though, in the game there are three different types of weapons and no slave ships, so I don't know if you can work around that. Also, the one weapon is different between player 1 and player 2. If you want, I can see what I can do about getting some sprites.
Edited by LesserAngel, Jul 14 2011, 06:33 PM.
Gundam Girls, a combination of two of my favorite things in life.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Xeno Fighters R · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards
Skin based on BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow (IFSZ)