Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Reactor. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alucard's Origin; and his mother
Topic Started: Feb 10 2011, 11:01 PM (2,066 Views)
saryakan
Greenhorn
[ * ]
I cant help myself but think, that the Boots from the Shanoa sprites would look way better, then the Simon boots.
Other then that, I love those screens!
I really would like to see a remake of Legends happen.
Too bad, Konami likely wont ever make one. D:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mortaldragonxx1
Greenhorn
[ * ]
i don´t want to be annoying but i´ve got a question:
is this project dead?
please answer me.

Del
Member Avatar
Spriter, level designer, coder, etc.

it's not dead but Obreck has been busy and distracted lately, he's been inactive in general
v READ THE FAQ

---> http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/topic/8079134 <---

READ THE FAQ ^

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

I'll be honest that's good news I'm glad the project is still on. I was kinda wondering that same thing myself is it still alive or dead? Maybe by summer time Obreck will jump back on it and release a playable demo. I really like the cavern preview and that tower level by Shodian looks pretty sweet also. Say Del do you know if their are any levels still availble to level design? I'm interested in any of the following stages if not taken:mad forest, alchemy labs, Library. Any of those would be awesome to design imo. Plus when you see obreck tell him to check his pm box. I got a ton of goodies for him sprite wise. I'm sure he'll be diggin' it when he's back online.
Edited by Laslunder, May 12 2011, 09:53 AM.

Del
Member Avatar
Spriter, level designer, coder, etc.

I think most of the levels are available for designs, just ask him for a developers source and get GM8 Pro if you know how to use it or want to learn and start doing stuff. You'll need good tilesets and enemies though, which I hope Obreck would code.
v READ THE FAQ

---> http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/topic/8079134 <---

READ THE FAQ ^

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Cool Ok well I'll prepare some good tilesets to work from(SCV4,RoB,Sotn) . I've got some interesting ideas in mind already. Yeah i use game maker 8 pro and i'm pretty well rounded with how it works. I do know how to level design from room to room as a level editor so i dont think that should be too much of a problem for me. Alright, So yeah i guess i'll wait to hear back from him.

stryderblaze
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Clan D
Feb 26 2011, 11:48 PM
Hello there fellow Castlevania fans, I have take on this sprite making hobby, I crafted some cool snap shots of a hipotetical Castlevania Legends Remake, I did all the main bosses, I put a screen shot of the original too so you could better aprecciate the improvement, hope you like them XD :

Devil
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Zombie Dragon
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Death
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Alucard
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Executioner
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Dracula
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

True Dracula
Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-26

Castlevania Rules >:P

Plain and simple ..... I love this !!!!!

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Dude these look nice! Hell yeah a legends remake would be cool. So your making your own pictures of what'd look like in 16 bit and adding sonia to it. Wow that's planning ahead. Good work man! You certainly have some nice concepts down for sure!

Clan D
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Thanks for your coments, I uploaded em some time ago but the forum as been inactive for a while so nobody had checked them until recently.
I though that a legends remake could be made using the same engine you are using now for super castlevania, after all, the monsters are common to most of the games, and to make Sonia, you could use make a skin for Trevor and add the magic attacks using Sypha's Spell/Item Crush system, I would like to do it myself but saddly I'm quite clueless about how to use Game Maker.
Maybe the Super Castlevania 3 team could consider this as a future castlevania remake project.
Any way and happy to see the forum back on activity :)

Belmontzar
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Great work on Sonia sprites there o.O

Now as for basic Vania ideas and concepts that I use in rp and tend to think of.
Mathias is obviously Dracula just play CV lament of innocence.

Alucard: son of Dracula and Lisa.

Lisa death happens Soon before CV legends. Sonia Belmont and Alucard relation ship based on Sonia being there for him when his dad went psycho on the humans. [Where Alucard tells Dracula About the death but instead of listening, goes nuts, making Sonia the only person he could turn to.]

Belmont clan has vampire blood: Leon and Sonia are the only ones who use Vampire killer as normal humans. Sonia only manages to chase Dracula away leaving his defeat to Trever (the first Belmont who has vampire blood and FULLY harnesses the power of Vampire killer)
Evidence to this fact: Portrait of ruin states that ONLY the Belmont clan is able to use Vampire killer as it drains the life of others. Hinting at how the vampire killer itself grew to be Vampiric due to Sarah's cursed soul in the whip. The Vampiric blood in the clan protects them form Vampire killer. Hell the whole 'whip kills people' part is a story line element in the game. The Belmont clan having vamp blood would explain many factors. 1. heightened physical ability. 2. incredible Agility and endurance. 3. Special resistances. All of which has been seen many times in The castlevania series.
Edited by Belmontzar, Jun 8 2011, 09:32 PM.
Posted Image-looking for Megaman extreme zero image.. to go here or below if its runnign to the right- [marq=right]Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image[/marq]

EvilMariobot
Member Avatar
So, who want's an ICBM?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Clan D
Feb 20 2011, 10:33 PM
Posted Image
By cland5 a 2011-02-20

Posted Image
By cland5 at 2011-02-20

You wouldn't still happen to have the sheets for these animations? I'd like to use them for something once MKF 0.5 comes out.

Belmontzar

Belmont clan has vampire blood: Leon and Sonia are the only ones who use Vampire killer as normal humans. Sonia only manages to chase Dracula away leaving his defeat to Trever (the first Belmont who has vampire blood and FULLY harnesses the power of Vampire killer)
Evidence to this fact: Portrait of ruin states that ONLY the Belmont clan is able to use Vampire killer as it drains the life of others. Hinting at how the vampire killer itself grew to be Vampiric due to Sarah's cursed soul in the whip. The Vampiric blood in the clan protects them form Vampire killer. Hell the whole 'whip kills people' part is a story line element in the game. The Belmont clan having vamp blood would explain many factors. 1. heightened physical ability. 2. incredible Agility and endurance. 3. Special resistances. All of which has been seen many times in The castlevania series.

That would imply that Trevor was the first Belmont with superhuman power, but the intro to Castlevania III (Trevor's game) states that people were afraid of the whole Belmont clan because they all had superhuman powers. So wherever their power comes from, it had to have been aquired long before even Sonia's generation.
Skin Mods:
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/5q2dpq
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgnmc4
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/fm72y7
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/zltl76
Posted Image 100% http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvx20a

Silent
Member Avatar
Pineco
[ *  *  * ]
Sonia and her story does not technically 'exist'. Castlevania Legends isn't canon. I find it a good thing in my opinion, because Alucard fathering Trevor Belmont sounds kinda strange in my opinion.
Posted Image

Belmontzar
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Thats probably due to Leon Belmont actually. A crusades hero who then, single handedly took down a vampire hundreds of people had been trying to kill. He went ALONE and unarmed to take on a Castle. A castle groups of people had been trying to take down. After all, witness wise All they would see are people entering and never returning. Leon went in UNARMED and came back with a magic whip and the castle in ruins. Leon also probably helped take out the last of the monsters himself.

tehn you also had Sonia, a pregnant woman, take on the count herself. Granted she didn't KILL dracula, merely defeating him. That is still one heck of an accomplishment. Then there is th whole backlash of and try not to be offended by this one but. 'she was banging the vampires half blood freak.' Dillema. Thus making teh once nobel 'Belmont clan' a familly of monsters and Super beings' by their own right.

Since 'no one human could do what hey did alone.'
Edited by Belmontzar, Jun 8 2011, 10:20 PM.
Posted Image-looking for Megaman extreme zero image.. to go here or below if its runnign to the right- [marq=right]Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image[/marq]

Belmontzar
Member Avatar
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Silent
Jun 8 2011, 10:12 PM
Sonia and her story does not technically 'exist'. Castlevania Legends isn't canon. I find it a good thing in my opinion, because Alucard fathering Trevor Belmont sounds kinda strange in my opinion.
YEah it is strange but its part of how you explain why The belmont clan is unaffected by Vampire killer as spoken about in CV portrait of ruin. Vampire blood to defend against a Vampire weapon Makes sense.

[sorry about eh double post btw.. I hadn't seen the above till after Id replied.. my bad.]

Teh only other flaw in my reasoning that I can think of is that Nathan graves, and other whip holders Also have teh abilities of the Belmont clan. So far the only person to Over use the whip and die has been that one character. Many on Belmonts have fought dracula with teh whip. but none of them died.

Also teh whole retcon brings into question WHO trevors parents really are, and WHO first fought dracula? it says in CV3 that a Belmont had fought dracula before. I took that to mean Sonia. So who was the first then?

EDit: okay I played the game it says only that the Belmont clan had a history of fighting evil. Not dracula specifically.
Edited by Belmontzar, Jun 8 2011, 10:39 PM.

Laslunder
Member Avatar
Rock it Boy!!

Well imo the storyline overall is very good for castlevania if you disclude some of them. In my opinion yeah legends as good as it might be may not be canon. So what they could do instead is make her trevor's mother(which doesn't make sense to me) an older cousin of trevor or sister but not defintly not his mother. Which i find a tad ridiculous in the first place.Alucard his father? Come on really, NA!!!!I mean how come he doesn't know who trevor is when he meets him or have any inclination when he hears his full name including last. I mean that doesn't make sense either guys, right? I don't know but it was under my assumption that the vampire killer got it's power from randolphi or whatever his name is in lament of innocence. This was given to leon who now possesed the power to wield such a whip. Don't forget he now has the ability so anyone in his lineage should also be able to wield it. I also have to say withouht spoiling it that the ending to lord of shadows had it been cut off earlier right at the end would have made a much better ending. After the credits roll it's another story and and in my opinion and ending that shouldn't have been involved in the first place. Don't forget too guys that some titles hadn't been finished like casvatlania ressurection and casltevania bloodletting. Who knows if they realized that canon-ish ways would not work. Either way it woulve been cool to see them finish them and put them out as special edition disc of previously unreleased castevania material or something. Hey i know i mentioned it but good work on those sonia sprites. It seems a good base for her is maria to form from. Very nice!!!
Edited by Laslunder, Jun 10 2011, 04:38 PM.

Clan D
Greenhorn
[ * ]
Well, about Nathan, actually he didn't use the "vampire killer" he used the "hunter's whip" a keepsake of the Balwind family, no much is know about it, but it seems to be an attemp to replicate what Rinaldo Gandolfy did in "Lament of Innocense".
Also, about the Belmont clan's power, and how it freaked out the people of Romania, before the final battle in "Legends" Sonia tells Dracula that the same way he (Dracula) was given power by the dark lord to corrupt the world, she (Sonia) was given power by god to stop him, this makes a lot sense when you consider the history line of Dawn of Sorrow, Celia belives in the concep of balance too, for God to exist and be perfectly good the Dark Lord must exist and be the incarnation of the perfect evil.
So if you take that in account the power of the Belmonts was a natural gift that was probably present event before Lament of innocense, many of Leon's ancestors were probably fearsome warriors, also it is Holy in nature, so it's very unlikely that it has any vampiric elements on it, this is obvious in the games where you fight againts a Belmont in some way, some examples: Richter in Symphony of the Night is weak againts the Dark element, and his attacks do Holy damage, the same could be said from his "memory" inside the whip in Portarit of Ruin, Julius is also weak againts Dark in his battle with Soma in Aria of Sorrow and his attacks are all Holy.
Also is to consider that humans have incredible potential in the Castlevania mythos, characters like Grant da Nasty, Nathan Graves, Eric Lecarde and Maxin Kischime where all able to defy the Count his castle and his numerous minions and they were nothing but human warriors with extensive training.

To finish, Legends never mention Sonia and Alucard having intimancy, its is only state that sometime after the defeat of Dracula, Sonia give birth to a boy that would later be revered as a Hero, that is pretty vague, some people asume he may be Trevor and the dates seems to fit, but if that is the case, that does not mean that he is the son of Alucard, for all we know Sonia could have already been pregnant before even meeting the half-vampire boy, maybe she had a fiance or a hundsband that was killed during the raid that claimed the life of his grandfather and mentor, this may seen far fetched nowadays, but girls used to get married really young in the old times, of course Alucard and Sonia seen to share a mutual liking for each other but I don't think it got anywhere, speacilly because Alucard himself would had oppose to it. After all he wants to "purge this world from his cursed bloodline" meaning that the last thing he would want to do is to sire some more half-bat kids.

As a final note, I think the reason the "Vampire Killer" hurts not-Belmonts is that miss Sarah Tantroul is a really harsh misstress, and she becomes really angry and downright homicidal when anyone that is not a heir of his legitimate fiancee gets too close to her precious personal space. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Super Castlevania 3 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Hosted for free by ZetaBoards
Skin based on BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow (IFSZ)