Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
[1.1] 15 Central Park West (Penthouse Mansion); SCENE ENDED
Topic Started: Feb 28 2013, 03:38 PM (1,086 Views)
GM

Posted Image
Penthouse Mansion, 15 Central Park West
Manhattan, NYC
Thursday Evening, April, 9pm

Posted Image

Scene One: The Party

A black town car had been parked at the curb, waiting for you when you'd stepped outside. New, expensive, and out of place. Without pomp or ceremony, the driver - a small but strong looking, with dark hair and a leather sport coat - had handed you a small linen envelope. An invitation. And a message for you alone. The words inside, whatever they were, were enough to get you in the car. Your presence had been requested by Duke Jefferson Lafure. And you would go. The drive was short. Silent.

What followed that evening, was decidedly not.

Darkness. Noise. Sex. Music.

The elevator doors opened for you, revealing a flight of white marble stairs. Just beyond the staircase, a party was in full swing. More than two hundred people decked out in extravagant gowns and tailored suits peppered the room. It was a massive open air ballroom, the full length of the penthouse directly beneath it. Forty three stories above New York, the air was chilled, a wind darting around sandstone columns reaching up at least twenty feet. Music flooded the air, not loud, but pervasive - deep luxurious tones seemed to follow the writhing movements of people on the dance floor at the center of the ballroom. Crowds of round tables were bunched at either end of the room, though most seats were empty. Fresh and decadent food piled high on each table. A champagne fountain on one, an elaborate fruit sculpture on another. Easily hundreds of dollars’ worth.

No one in the crowd was over 35. Those on the dance floor were enraptured with their own beauty, swaying and writhing in each other’s arms. Gliding through the crowd, you caught a glimpse of a pale figure, more elegant and beautiful beyond compare of the dancers, eyes roaming with obsessive focus over their bodies. The pale beauty, a woman, tall and lean, in a low cut satin white dress, with a slit that cut nearly up to her hip. Off to the side of the dance floor, a dozen or so partygoers had wandered into a honest-to-god rooftop swimming pool, underlit in deep blues. They were laughing and drinking, chatting and holding one another. Most had not brought swimwear. Another pale figure reclined casually in the pool, dark hair and silver eyes.

Rooms lined the left side of the ballroom, their doorways cloaked in sheer fabric. The thin curtains rippled in the wind, revealing for the briefest of moments, glimpses of flesh and movement. Too many figures to make a good count of them. Moans and sighs, laughter and the scent of sex tangled with the that of fresh flowers and the cold night air.

The spaces between the looming columns opened up uncomfortably wide to the open air. Central Park West was one of the tallest, most extravagant buildings in the New York skyline, and from its top the city stretched out below, almost serene from this high above. A drink or two over the crowd's current level of intoxication, and someone was liable to take a spill onto the massive balcony a story down. If they were very very lucky.

The elevator doors closed behind you with finality. You looked down at the invitation in your hand. Written in neat calligraphic hand, was listed your seat at Table number five.

Our story begins...

GM alteration

changed the appearance of the driver
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
The wind would have been whipping through Charlie's hair as he rocketed down a main boulevard, matching everyone's speed easily in his German made motorcycle. The problem was, he didn't have any, accepting for the long sideburns on his face. The lights on the highway danced across his goggles as he shifted up and throttled to get around a ditsy driver on her cell phone.

"Ain't no reason to die for other's stupidity." He father used to say. He shook his head as he took the exit flowing into the area around Central Park. He sat up a bit and took a look around the gigantic area, glancing upward at the huge buildings. This concrete jungle was perfect for predators, but he wasn't feeling anything off right now, so he pulled into the parking garage that he spotted. From the metal map, it would be a good walk, but far enough away to make it a viable get away plan. Making a mental note as to the location, and planning a few different routes to get there, he pulled in and paid the attendant for a full night of parking.

He wheeled up, the thumping of the engine smooth as he slid into a compact spot, as he couldn't fit into any of the small motorcycle spots. The sidecar made it a little less maneuverable and a lot wider than a regular motorcycle, but the things he held in his sidecar was well worth it. He patted the side car, pressed a thumb down on one of the flatter parts, and with a quick chime, the lock on it clicked opening the hatch.

It revealed several items in there, most notably his homemade Hunter's vest of Kevlar and chainmail and his very expensive compound bow, Betsy. Charlie smiled and pet the bow lovingly before glancing at the small section of polished glass. He smiled, clicking sexily at the image as he straightened his sideburns a bit.

Eventually, he stopped fussing with his hair and looked down at the racks of small things in there, trying to figure out what he might need. He tossed a few random things like a small travel deodorant stick, a few nails, a tiny spray bottle of holy water, and a few other assorted knick knacks before grunting in approval and slamming the enclosed sidecar shut. Hopping off, he started to whistle a small southern tune as he made his way to the apartment.

---a few minutes later---

"Oh no. Get the fuck out." The burly man standing at the doorway looked like he meant business as his thumb indicated over his shoulder in the international symbol for "Get lost". From where Charlie stood, the man was a giant, nearly 7 feet tall and all muscle. Probably had a name like 'Stone' or 'Butch." And he wasn't impressed with Charlie's attire of an only-slightly-stained wifebeater tank top, cargo pants, and army boots.

"Oh com' on nah. It's impolite ta invite in a guest, ya naw?" Charlie said, thick Cajun accent slipping through as he stopped a few feet away. As much as he could probably take these men, the bulge at the hips said they had a huge advantage on him.

"No way a redneck fuck like you is getting in here." The other one piped up. "VIP. And from what i can tell, Bro, you ain't no VIP." They chuckled together like a pair of hyenas that shared in some sort of easy kill, but quickly went quiet as Charlie started to look at the envelope he had pulled out of one of his pockets. He turned it over in his hands, pretending never to have seen it before as he looked up, slack jawed at the two guards.

"Well, I naw I ain't too educated like folks like you. Maybe ya can help me out and read this'n for me? 'Cause a redneck fuck like me, I can't read too durn good." He passed it over to the two with a genuine smile as the one took it and read it, face going from pale to unbelieving and a few other shades in between.

"Charles Thaddeus?" He asked, incredulous. He scoffed as Charlie nodded to him. "Bullshit. You probably mugged someone and found this on them, Grease monkey. Get the fuck outta here." But when Charlie didn't so much as move, he started to get upset. He started toward Charlie saying "What, you deaf as well as stupid, prick?"

In one swift motion, Charlie had the man's hand in a vice grip, pushing between his fingers and pushing it back painfully in a hand lock. He was only using one hand, but the guard was on his knees. Looking up at the shocked face of the other guard, he motioned to the other guard on his knees in front of him, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Please, call your boss an' verify my invitation." He glanced down at the other guard, face reflecting in his goggles. "I can wait." The process was quick as chatter went back a forth between their earpieces and the second guard was a little paler as he motioned Charlie to come inside. A genuine grin spread across his face.

"Excellent. I appreciate ya'll doing your jobs, but next time, just be a'little more polite. I won't mention it to your host tonight, as a courtesy." They both looked at him, wide eyed as he smiled at them, walking purposefully into the elevator of the main lobby. After a short trip up, more than his fair share of stares and whispers, he found the table he was stationed at, noticing that the chairs were empty. He grabbed a bottle of water, gave up on finding the best spot to avoid a backstab, and sat down with a sigh.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
He stepped out of the elevator, dressed as he was when he was 'taken', dark brown trousers, a grey long sleeve shirt, and his rather signature cap on his head. The drive over had been enough to quell his anger, and the familiarity of the local area did a lot to rest his worries. That had not been easy, he mused to himself, trying to get into the party spirit.

He recalled the meeting with the driver just under half an hour ago - him walking past the doorman from his apartment, descending the stone stairs as a rather fresh car pulled up, it's driver wordlessly handing him a slip of paper. He had been in good spirits then; it was not the first time a contact had discreetly sent him a message, and he wondered what it was that anyone had sent to him.

What he saw in that paper, was enough to send him into a quiet rage.

He had crushed the paper in his hands, teeth gritted, and jumped into the car without another word. The trip was mostly spent with him going over his previous actions, trying to find what it was that this Duke seemed to know. Or more importantly, who this duke even was in the first place. As he got to the building, and discreetly rode the elevator to its destination, most of his anger had gone, replaced by knowing curiosity.

What was it that brought him here? Why here? Why now? And what did he want with the doctor?

He forced a snarl into a smile, and descended into the party below, eyes on the open for his table.

Whatever it was that this man had summoned him there, he was going to take a very acute pleasure turning it against him.
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
It was definitely one of the more melodramatic job offers he got but a job is a job and hopefully Duke Jefferson Lafure will pay well.

As James road up the elevator, he watched his reflection in the door of the elevator. He adjusted his jacket and made sure that his hair look alright. He had been to a number of high society get togethers and it was always important to make a good showing.

James reached into his pants pockets and touched his leather gloves. He considered if it would be a good idea to put them on but in the end. He decided that it would be best to appear a little less confrontational and pulled out a large metal coin instead. Then unconsciously, he began to flip it through his fingers.

The doors to the elevator open and James steped out. This was definitely not what he was expecting. In retrospect, he felt like an idiot for not expecting something like this. He was dealing with the White Court after all.

He let his eyes move over the crowd to see if he can spot anyone he recognizes. You never know when it might be useful to know who the White Court might have their claws into.

After a min, when he felt like he has a solid feel for where everything was. He set off at a brisk pace toward what he assumed was table number five. No reason to keep a prospective client waiting.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Stepping out of the hired car, he nodded to the driver. They had had a pleasant chat on the ride over and Niklas had heard all about Stevens, the drivers, sons Tony and Reggie and his wife Yolanda. "I think I can take it from here my good fellow. Go on home to your wife and children."

With that, Niklas entered the building. Eyeing the elevators, he decided that he didn't feel like plummeting 22 stories and instead opted for the stairs. Several long...long...long minutes later, Niklas arrived at the penthouse suite. Giving no pause to the two men at the door, he merely flashed his invitation and moved on, his long gray cloak flapping only slightly in the draft coming out from the room beyond. As he entered, he mentally weighed each person in the room. Definitely a white court affair. Well, better then than Red Court... Speaking of Red Court, was that Charlie he saw? "Oy! Charles!", he shouted roughly, his accent harshing the melifluous hum that had filled the room only moments prior.

Striding quickly and with purpose, Niklas approached Table 5 and sat down heavily, grunting as he did. "Good to see a friendly face in amongst all the pale ones!" Maybe that last bit was a little too loud...
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie was having fun in this downtime. He knew that an invitation like this wasn't to kill them. He counted 3 other chairs beside him and the Duke had better things to do with his time than to make Charlie feel lonely. There weren't enough paleskins lurking around to make him think that this was an ambush, though he was prepared for the possibility that the room held more than just to orgy participants he heard. So he figured that the Duke had something to say. He was going to take his time, make an entrance, let everyone know who he was and why he was here. In matters of manipulation and control, which the white court specialized at, there was no better way to snatch the upper hand in a talk than to make a grandiose entrance. Charlie knew that one out of his own playbook.

But back to his fun. The couple he had been staring at for about 10 minutes now was getting very uncomfortable. They had been at each other like rabbits when he had sat down, and with nothing extra to play with, he decided to play a game with their horomoes. Nothing like an old, skinny Cajun staring at you through industrial strength sunglasses to really ruin the mood. The kid had made more than a few rude gestures, but it's hard to get...well, hard, when someone's staring at you.

"Oy, Charles!" Charlie looked toward the end of room and noticed a familiar face coasting toward him.

"Well ain'y you a sight for sore eyes, Nik!" Charlie said, patting the smiling warden on the back as he sat down with a huff. If he gave any notice of the oft used nickname Charlie had given him, he hadn't said anything up to now. He shifted a bit in his seat, adjusting to the rigidity of it. It's almost as if they didn't want anyone to sit down here.

""Good to see a friendly face in amongst all the pale ones!" Niklas said in his identifiable German accent a bit pointedly toward a pair of well developed woman staring at both of them. Their faces twisted up into a snarl as they turned to walk away. Charlie only smirked.

"Naw, Naw, Nik. Don't be poking the Gators in their own nest. We are guests here. Seeing you just confirmed it for me. We ain't prey. At least yet, as far as I reckon. I don't like these paleskin much more than you, but least we can do is hear the Duke out. I figure, worst that happens is we kick some ass after seeing a free playboy show." Charlie looked sidelong into one of the rooms lining the hallway.

"Or a few of 'em, from the sounds'a it."
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
As James approached the table, he silently cursed to himself. That damned Warden was at the table. What the hell kind of job was going to involve the damned wardens? Lafure better have been paying well.

Although, it looked like Charlie Theaddus was sitting at the table too. He didn’t mind working with him.

When James reached the table, He took a deep breath. Then pulled out one of the remaining chairs and sat down.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
"I have come here as a representative of the White Council, Charles", Niklas said with finality. "Not to enjoy whatever perverse Scheiße these Lust Lickers are engaging in this evening. Has no one else arrived? The Council informed me that there would be others."

Turning in his chair, Niklas surveyed the charnal delights occurring around him. His eyes settled on a man rapidly approaching the table. A man he knew all too well. a man he did not particularily like. Calhoun. "Why if it isn't the little freelancer. Tell me Calhoun, what bring you here tonight?"
Edited by Niklas Metzger, Mar 6 2013, 10:13 PM.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
"I am here at the request of Duke Lafure. I had assumed he had a job for me. Although, if you are here acting as a representative of the white council that shakes up that assumption a little bit."

James turned and looked at Charlie. "What about you Mr. Theaddus? I assume you received an invitation too."
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
A smile spread across Charlie's face as James sat at the table. The well kept man was not his usual form of friend, but the money he paid was good and he looked out for those that he paid. He was also a class act wizard, always good to have around, like Nik. Though from their mannerisms, they had already met and were not on good terms. Charlie leaned forward and smile really wide. He flashed his invitation at the other two like it was some sort of lottery prize they all shared.

"Absolutely, James. I was just telling Nik here dat our presence here is for a scene, not an ambush, far as i can reckon. Duke wants us for sumtin, though, what i am sure we are gonna find out as soon as our fourth enters." He looked between the two wizards. He took notice of a few lights growing dim, one flickering as the two stared each other down. He made a point of slamming his bottle down on the table to break their eye contact.

"Best put that hatchet ta rest, gentlemen. We are in a pit of vipers and ya'll best know that if we are together, Duke has a backup plan to deal with us. He is not a stupid pale." He looked between them and smiled again.

" 'Sides, you ever seen such a ridiculous ice sculpture before?" He said, motioning to the Ice Swan gracing the food table.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
"Well aren't we a pack of merry men..." he stated, as he slowly approached the table himself. He tried to put on some kind of smile, but it only came off as a grimace. It wasn't exactly what he had expected - he recognized two of the men as people he had met over the years, but the third man was new. Quietly eavesdropping in their conversation though, showed that he was not the duke, and therefore not worth him getting angry about.

So instead of the raging entrance he had been building in his head, he managed to muster up what seemed to sum up to concentrated disappointment, and he pulled up the last seat by the table.

"Really hoping one of you gentlemen will tell me where I can focus my building anger at being called to a party without getting a chance to change into something more of the scene. Also, who I can take a swing at."
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
"Jonathon?", he said with incredulity. "Quite a... diverse crowd we are gathering here. I do hope that our host will reveal himself shortly. This is not the only business I had for this evening."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
The party kept a steady, loud volume. Every so often, it seemed like the energy in the room shifted. A delicate balance swayed between low, unbridled lust and intense excitement. The dancing at the center of the large dark ballroom would pick up with a suddenly faster beat and then slow back into the calm but focused writhing between partners. Silver eyes flashed from the edges of the dancing herd. Occasionally, eyes would fall on the party assembled at table number five, but only for the briefest of moments before returning to the more fascinating elements of the party.

Someone, though, found the men slightly more intriguing than that.

Posted Image

Coming up from behind James' seat, a woman gently placed her delicate, pale hand on his shoulder, it's skin immaculate and soft. "Cousin Jefferson has outdone himself this year," her voice purred, "He's brought me such wonderful birthday presents." The woman was beautiful, maybe a little too thin. She wore fine white silk, the skin from her neck to her lower back entirely bare in the dress. A slit up her leg for days. An impossibly low cut showed off her chest rather expertly. Any red blooded person would find it difficult to catch a glimpse of skin on her without wandering to the next section of pale smooth flesh. Barely a dress really, if you calculated all the elements that are required for something to be considered clothing. Her dark eyes focused on the nape of James' neck. She ran her hands along the shoulders of his coat and dipped them low to his chest, her mouth near his ear. "Your suit is lovely, by the way," she breathed to him alone, "I suspect what lies beneath would be equally so..." Her lips quirked up in a smile as she pressed her fingers firmly against his lapel.

Would everyone please PM me a quick roll (4 fate dice and your Discipline modifier). Thank you!

CANDELA RAITH VS PARTY

Candela Raith, with a +5 (Superb) Deceit, Rolls a +0+-(+1), for a total effort of +6 (Fantastic).

Nik (Discipline +4) rolled a +1 = +5 effort
6 vs 5 = Failed
Shift = 1 (Simple Failure)

Charlie (Discipline +1) rolled a +1 = +2 effort
6 vs 2 = Failed
Shift = 4 (Significant Failure)

James (Discipline +4) rolled a +2 = +6 effort
6 vs 6 = Match
Shift = 0 (Minimum Success)

Jonathon (Discipline +3) rolled a +2 = +5 effort
6 vs 5 = Failed
Shift = 1 (Simple Failure)

As the woman ran her hands along his collar, her chest pressed up against his shoulders, James could feel an aura of warmth emanating from her fingers. A vampire of the White Court. He steeled his will and inhaled calmly. He would not allow the demon to sway him.

Nik and Jonathon, on the other hand, felt a wave of gentle heat flow over them from the direction of the beautiful waif. Hints of desire came over them. Their eyes and bodies attentively followed the curves of her body, as if of their own volition.

The feeling of heat and lust hit Charlie like a truck. His muscles tensed and warmth spread through his body at sight of the woman in white. At the very thought of her. It was hard to concentrate, a little hard to see. His palms began to tremble at his imagination offered her a glimpse of her naked form beneath what little dress draped over her. His hands trembled slightly. The woman's eyes fell onto the Cajun with interest. It was clear that she'd had more of an effect on him than the others. "Yes, such wonderful gifts..." Her voice was low, nearly a growl, full of hunger.

GM note

Go ahead and elaborate based on the basic reaction I gave your character. Because we're trying to collaborate on this, please tell me if you think I've over stepped my bounds with how much liberty I took. I'm trying to evoke what your character is experiencing based on their roll's outcome.

No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie's fist came down on the table. Hard. Glasses shook and silverware tossed from the force. It looked like the man had just run a marathon from the sweat beading on his head. He steeled himself for a moment, eyes on him from the suddenness on the impact.

He had no idea the effect it had on everyone else's concentration. But it helped his clear for just a moment. Violence tended to do that for Charlie. He took a breath before looking up at her square in the eyes.

"Now, that was not a nice thing ta do, mon cher. I hardly think the Duke would appr'ciate you playing with his guests, despite the occasion. We ar' not here at your behest and i will not tolerate your ploy. Now go, demon, and fetch the head that fetched us."

Intimidate Roll

STUNT: Weight of Presence switches Intimidation for Presence when the target knows you.
Presence (+4) Great, plus roll ( - o o +) = (0) Fair
Total roll: +4 to intimidate.

Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
An eyebrow was raised, and a scowl replaced his tight lipped expression. He looked down at the grey haired acquaintance, and he straightened his shirt, as he took his seat. There were some things people should not get away with, especially in a a crowd of strangers.

He started his reply, "That's Doctor White to yo-" before choking on his own words as what could only be described as the real live version of Betty Boo came waltzing through the crowd, dress flinging in the wind, her arms around one of the men with them. He was sure it was one of the men, but his brain had not yet processed anything in his view that did not immediately concern the god-level beauty that just spoke to them.

He watched her hips slowly slide to the chair, a show of her legs, and he heard his heart stopped at the thought of her dress going higher, revealing what he had suddenly imagined to be black silk underwear. Then imagined that perhaps she was not wearing any underwear at all.

He attempted to continue his conversation, but all that came out was a burble of Ooohs and Blaahs, followed instantly by him slamming his mouth shut, and swallowing deeply. He gripped the chair tighter for a moment, willing his brain into coming up with a statement that he hoped, and prayed, didn't sound as lustful as he felt.

"And who are you supposed to be?"
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
At the woman's words, Niklas shivered. She smelled of lilacs. He used to know a woman who smelled like lilacs...

But no. He was here on business. Shaking his head, he snapped himself out of the haze before turning to Charlie. "Such a shame for our host to send one of his lackies instead of addressing us directly."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
James reached up and removed Candela’s hand from his lapel.

“I appreciate the attention. I really do but like Mr. Metzger and Mr. Theaddus. I would like to see the man I came here to meet.”
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Candela v Charlie

Charlie, with a +4 (Great) Presence, rolled a plus roll ( - o o +) = (0) Fair, for a total effort of +4.
Candela defends against his Intimidate roll with Discipline.

Candela (Discipline +4) rolled a 0 = +4 effort
4 vs 4 = Match
Shift = 0 (Minimum Defend Success)

Posted Image

The woman's eyes narrowed at Charlie, though her smile was still there. "Candela of House Raith," she nodded to the men, her tone still purring. She kept her gaze on Charlie. His accent had betrayed him. "And you would be the last scion of the Theaddus clan. Such a shame, that whole ordeal. A topic at the water cooler for the absolute ages. Some in the family sounded downright sympathetic. You lot were a memorable thorn...for a herd of cattle." Her lips had turned up with a masterfully slight hint of venom.

When James' removed her hands from his person, she pouted. "No fun," she whined, kissing in the air besides James' ear. She obediently lifted her hands from his chest and stepped around the table. She sighed for dramatic effect. "I'm afraid you'll find my cousin much duller than I could have been." When she reached Niklas, she ran a tapered finger along the shoulder of his gray cloak and grazed his bare neck.

"Just remember, boys, that you had your chance-" A quick sizzle rang out beside Niklas' ear as Candela pulled her hand from his skin. She hissed, gingerly cradling her finger. It was steaming and dark pink, as though it had been seared on the surface of a red hot stove. Her eyes, flashing with silver, shot daggers at the Warden.

"He already knows that you're here," she muttered through her teeth.
"The kyne will wait at the Duke's pleasure."

Posted Image
A young blond man, toweringly tall, sauntered up beside Candela with a cold smirk. "I hope the cow has not done any permanent harm, Warden," he said to Niklas. He was striking, his eyes a pale grey blue, his skin several shades warmer than Candela's porcelin features, maybe from a spray tan. He wore a plain white shirt underneath a heavy vintage brown leather motorcycle jacket, dark jeans, and expensive sneakers. Calvin Klein, eat your heart out.

There was a palpable tension between the two. "Cousin Benjamin," Candela said, still holding her singed finger. She did not meet his gaze, though out of fear or disdain, it was hard to tell.

"Your sisters are looking for you," he said flatly, though with his intimidating height and cold eyes, it seemed more like a threat than passing along a message. "Why don't you go find yourself a doe and disappear for a few decades, hm?"

It took a moment, but she turned away from the men as though she'd lost her appetite. She never met eyes with 'Cousin Benjamin', even as she left in a huff.

"Happy birthday," he called out behind her as an afterthought. He visibly exhaled when Candela disappeared into the dancing crowd and he turned to the newcomers with a stressed smile.

"I apologize for the wait. My father has been detained for the moment with family guests, but he requested I get through the formalities on his behalf." He coughed a bit and raised a leather gloved hand like he was taking an oath:

"I, Benjamin Lafure, as proxy for my father, Duke Jefferson Lafure, do so invoke the hallowed rites of guest and host, with all the priveleges and obligations that that entails. In following with the terms of the Unseelie Accords between our people, Warden, you and your companions will be under the express protection of my house from any harm, both physical and magical, while you remain under our roof for the proceedings."

He extended his hand to Niklas. "Do you accept?"
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
With only a moments hesitation, Niklas reached out and grasped the man's hand. Meeting his eyes for the first time, he said " I, Niklas Metzger, Warden of The White Council, in following with the terms of the Unseelie Accords between our people, do accept your hospitality. And also, in following with the terms of the Unseelie Accords, do hereby swear that should you break the rites of guest and host, I shall rain down upon you and yours a vengeance so fierce that God himself will cower."

I am calling for a soulgaze on the eyes meeting.

I rolled a + 0 + + with a conviction of Superb (+5) for a total of 8 shifts.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

SOULGAZE - NIKLAS V BENJAMIN LAFURE

Benjamin, with a Discipline of +3 (Good), rolls [0 0 - +], or 0 = +3 total effort
8 v 3 = Failed Defense
shifts = 5 (Intense Failure)

Benjamin held the Warden's gaze for the briefest of moments, but that was all it took for the crowds of the penthouse party to fall away in Niklas' minds eye...

(NIKLAS) SOULGAZE (view at your own risk)

Niklas was thrown from the soulgaze as suddenly as he'd entered it. The others would see that in the few moments that the two men had held gazes, the color had drained from Benjamin's face, and his confident and charming smile had fallen away. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes. The young man was doing his damnedest not to shudder, but from this close, Niklas could tell that whatever the boy had seen from the Warden had shaken him to his core. It took a few long moments for Benjamin to snap out of his stupor. Suddenly conscious that he was being watched, he threw a shaky hand up to smooth out his hair and wipe the tears in his eyes. His palms were sweating.

"I...apologize for my carelessness," he managed out between careful breaths, "I did not intend to entrap you, Warden." He carefully avoided the older man's eyes. Turning to the others, his smile was weak. "Shall I present you to the Duke, then, gentlemen?"

Temporary Aspects

Benjamin Lafure gains a Temporary Aspect = Shattered Mystique
He is anxious and shaken from the soulgaze. Niklas can enjoy a little intimidation and sway with Benjamin right now. Meaning, something the vampire saw in Niklas scares the living daylights out of him. The fallout from their soulgaze is very fresh.
This aspect can be compel or invoke in this scene ONCE free of fate point charge. This is optional, anyone can use the one free invoke or compel, and the aspect will be removed after this scene.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
"Yes..." he said, desperately darting his eyes away from the departing hot piece of... well... woman... as she made her way back into the crowd. He looked up at the newcomer, then at the others, then back at the newcomer, replying again. "And make it quick son, I am not much of a patient man today."

He stood up, lips pursed, and secretly swallowed. Not out of fear, or intimidation, but because he had no honest clue what it was that suddenly got everyone reacting so oddly. Was it the lady's rather fine legs that did it? This Benjamin fellow have a problem with rather old men? What on earth were the Unseelie accords?

He felt well and truly out of his depth... but devils be damned if he was going to let it show.

Self compel

"If course I know the answer... you idiot" to not know who the White court are, and just blindly go along, not really ask what it is that got everyone spooked
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
"Now now Jonathon... let us not be rude or hasty", Niklas spoke in a muted voice.

Reaching out, he took the water bottle from Charlie's hand and took a quick swig, letting out an audible groan immediately after.

"Please go and fetch the Duke. And...", stepping closer, Niklas quickly leaned into the mans ear whispering in a voice inaudible to all but Benjamin, "If you ever want to talk about Her, you can ask the Duke where to contact me."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

Benjamin turned to Jonathon at the command. "Son?" A thin smile flickered to his face. "I'm sixty four, boy. You should respect your elders. Many of them are in attendance."

Benjamin's brow furrowed at Niklas' offer to help. He did not know what the Warden had seen, but he did not enjoy the thought of someone knowing anything remotely intimate about his life. He finally looked up to meet the wizard's eyes. The fear and awe were still there, residual from the soulgaze, but it would probably never leave his expression when he looked at Niklas. The two men met eyes without so much as a glimmer of what was behind them. Another soulgaze would not happen again. "The offer is mutual," Benjamin said.

(FOR NIKLAS) Then, his voice came in a low, anxious whisper.

He blinked away from Niklas' gaze and stepped towards the other party guests. "Gentlemen, if you'll follow me." Benjamin shook his jacket as if to purge unpleasantness from himself and slipped right between a pair of lovers writhing against one another. The men were meant to follow.

They weaved around and sometimes through throngs of dancers, until they reached a long table at the far wall of the ballroom. Seated across from them at the table were eight beautiful men and women. All pale and lovely and sharp of features. Candela was one of them. She had found her way back to the host's table, and was seated on the lap of a teenage boy. Her fingers were entangled in his hair as she kept his face dangerously near her own. Her eyes had paled to almost white as she smiled wickedly at the young man in her thrall. She kissed him quietly, and the boy's entire body when rigid with sensation.

Some of the others at the table drank and laughed quietly as they whispered to one another. Others stared intently at the mob of humans, dancing for the viewing pleasure of the vampires like flames would tempt a moth. Their eyes were bright and attentive, hungry.

Jefferson Lafure was not one of them.

Posted Image

He sat alone at the end of the host's table with a sullen energy. He stared stone faced at the wall, not at the kyne thrusting and performing for their keepers. He wore a similar jacket to Benjamin's, but newer, in a coal blue-gray. It matched his somber mood.

Benjamin led the party to the end of the table. "Father," Benjamin offered, bowing his head slightly. "Your guests have arrived."

The other vampires at the table lost interest in the party for the briefest of moments, and glanced to the Duke and his human guests. Jefferson Lafure lifted his head slowly, studying the features of each man who stood before him. He noticeably avoided their gaze. "I apologize for the theatrics. Thank you all for coming so promptly. I trust you all arrived here without incident?"

GM Note

Anything I'm putting in [[spoiler tags]] is going to be for a certain PC's eyes/ears only. I'll do something via private message if it is imperative that you don't hear/see it, but the spoiler tags on here just mean don't let anything that is inside them affect your own PC gameplay. Except, of course, for the person who the message/action is meant for. That is all!
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
He grumbled at the man walking ahead, eyebrows furrowed. Sixty-four huh. What an ass. His temper was already rising, and the current situation was doing little to calm it down. He took a stride to catch up to the elderly man in the hat, and mumbled to Niklas as he followed along.

"And that's Doctor White to you."

He made his way through the crowd, trying to quell his rage. This was not the time. As much as he'd like to take a punch at whomever summoned him here, there was not much he could do, especially since he was in this person's territory. The fact that he was not alone, and everyone else seemed to be fine with it, troubled him more. Perhaps, he mused, now was not the time to start leaping up and swinging at strangers who VERY MUCH DESERVED IT.

As they made their way through the dancers - dammit why don't people move when they're freaking told! - he came to the table, and at the sight that waited. He frowned, unsure why the cast of Beverly Hills 90210 were calling a doctor with a knack for emergency surgery to their stupid party. He also wondered if the lady from before had somehow managed to take off that underwear he had imagined her not wearing yet.

A voice at the end of the table brought him to the world again. His eyes narrowed, and he spoke, struggling not to be harsh.

"Fan-Tas-Tic. I love being picked up in the middle of the night to party with the Kardashians. Now if you would kindly tell me what the f**k I'm doing here, I would very much like to go home."
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
The last little bit of conversation had been quite interesting. The fact the warden had the touch of true love on him and all that whispering between the Benjamin and Niklas. He would need to look into both of those things when he had some free time.

James looked at Jonathon.

“There is no need to be rude Dr. White.”

James shifted his eyes over to Jefferson and bows slightly.

“Don't worry about apologizing Mr. Lafure.” He looked at Candela and Jefferson in turn. “The theatrics have made the evening … interesting. Now, what can we do for you?”
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie took the bottle of water back from Niklas, proffering it when he realized that they shared a moment that the Wizards called a soulstare, or something to that effect. A friend who’d gone through it before said it left them very shaken and thirsty after, so it was just a hunch. He patted the larger man on the shoulder before looking to the other two amongst them as they rallied forth through the crowd, weaseling between writhing bodies and assaulted, yet again, with the smells of sex and hedonism. He mostly tried to keep to himself. The lingering images that the other vampire left on him were starting to clear, but it was still too fresh to risk putting his guard down yet again.

They walked up to the hosts table, where he gave a quick bow, acknowledging the status of those at the table before concentrating on their host. He looked into his 40’s but very fit and handsome, kind of a George Clooney handsome, but the worrysome, distance look to his features gave Charlie pause. Even the lingering stares of a few of the vamps at the table didn’t distract him. He put a few things together quickly:

1) Something had a powerful Vampire distracted as a party of prey.
2) It was distracting enough that he sent an envoy to his guests due to “Business”
3) The worry was enough to call two wizards, a supernatural hunter, plus whatever Dr. White was to deal with it.
4)
Charlie was suddenly concerned.

He phased back in enough to hear Dr. White snap at their host and James admonish him for it. He looked over to the Doctor and placed a hand at his elbow.

“Doc, com ‘ere, if you please.” It didn’t take too much coaxing as his firm grip said relayed the fact that the good doctor did not have much of a choice in the matter. He shuffled over a few steps till Charlie could whisper to him.

“You an’ me need to have a long chat after this, Doc. We are dealing with powerful folk. So for right now, dispite that mouth o’ yours, shut it, keep your eyes down and your ears open ‘till I can explain exactly why that was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen you do.” Charlie leaned back, face stern.

“And that includes those thugs you sent the first time.” He said with a spark of sarcasm. Charlie turned back to the Host, away from Dr. White’s agape jaw, and bowed deep like his school had taught him.

“Thank you for invitation, Sir. It’s a pleasure to be in such gracious company.” It seemed that everyone noticed his marked change in tone, from the slack-jawed Backwoods Cajun, to a more proper, enunciated form of English that reminded Charlie personally of the Southern rich. He nodded his head again toward the host, in deferment.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

Jefferson looked calmly to Jonathon, and his eyes seemed more silvery then they'd been a moment before. "No need for alarm, gentleman. I appreciate Dr. White's spirit." He smiled congenially, but the focus of his gaze was suddenly more like the others of the White Court. The hunger was written on his face. Jefferson allowed himself a brief moment to study the doctor, but his sense of propriety as a host quickly returned. "I can appreciate the inconveinience this all must be." he said to the assembled men, reclining in his seat. "I must admit, House Raith's idea of entertainment does not align with our own. But one must make considerations when hosting family guests." He motioned to the vampires seated beside him. They had returned their attentions to the party.

"Perhaps it would be best if we spoke in private." Jefferson pulled a cellphone out of his pocket and tapped a few times on the screen. Within a few moments, the music pumping through the room cut out. The colored lights subsided, leaving the room lit by the warm orange glow of large marble torches etched into the pillars. As if a switch had been flipped in their minds, the party goers snapped out of their haze. They were unceremoniously pulled from their cushions in the orgy rooms or torn from their dancing partners by a cadre of silent bodyguards who appeared from the corners. A few of the members of the host's table stood and began stalking the fringes of the group like wolves. They were sheparded towards the staircases on the edges of the room in a tumult of pounding feet and hushed, confused voices. The members of House Raith remaining at the table stood and offered a silent, shallow nod of respect to the Duke. They followed the herd of humans down the stairs to the penthouse proper.

Posted Image Posted Image
Candela, however, remained at the table, blissfully unperturbed by the raucus sounds of footsteps departing the ballroom as she revelled in the helpless embrace of her young lover. Benjamin caught sight of them and, without a word, took a spot standing behind their seat. With more than a little enjoyment, he gripped the back of the chair and shook. Hard. Candela was ungracefully jostled from the boy's lap and barely managed to stand before Benjamin tore the seat out from beneath the enthralled kyne boy. He toppled to the floor, the pain of the impact on the marble stone shocking him out of his stupor. He sat stunned on the floor before Benjamin hauled him from the ground and shoved him towards Candela. "Out," Benjamin ordered.

"How dare you." Candela practically bared fangs at the duke's son, her boy swaying beside her in a pained daze. "What parts I leave of your pet kyne I will spread on the flowers of your grave."

Jefferson stood slowly from his chair, his voice flat, calm. The stone cold of his tone was terrifying. "I have catered to your whim for as long as I was obligated by the king, my dear niece. If you break my house's vow of safe passage for these men, you will not be dealing with your father on the issue. You will face me."

Candela's anger faltered at her uncle's words. "Your Grace, I-"

"Be. Gone."

The low rumble of bass began emenating from the floor below. The party had resumed in the Duke's private home downstairs.

Candela set her jaw in anger, grabbing the the sleeve of her young man and stepped around the table. As she went, she met eyes with each of the Duke's guests, memorizing their faces and no doubt already concocting entertainments for them. She had been slighted for the benefit of food.

When Candela and the boy had disappeared down a side staircase, the White Court Duke and his son were left in the massive echoing ballroom with the four human men, and a handful of bodyguards in suits.

"Now, if you would, please enlighten me," Jefferson leaned his hands back on the table and sat on its edge. "What do you know of my kind? Of my House?"

ROLL REQUEST

Please everyone send me a Knowledge and Lore roll. Thank you!
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Contact Roll

0 - + + , (+1) For Contact Skill = +3 total

Lore Roll

0 0 0 + , (+5) For Lore Skill = +6 total

Charlie look around at the now empty room. It was actually quite large now that they got a good look at it, like the bodies inside of it made it seem cramped and small compared to the cathedral-esque space of it now. He looked back at their two hosts, remembering everything that he could bring to mind so quickly. Taking a moment to see if anyone else wanted to speak he started.

"Well, since I was going to reveal this to you anyway, Doctor, I figure i'll go first." A few nods allowed him the pleasure as he looked back to the Duke.

"You are Vampires of the White court, energy feeders, closer to the succubi of myth in the case of House Raith, like Lady Candela is. You and your son, judging by your reaction to Dr. White's outburst, are not feeders of lust but of anger, or something similar. I know that you, while very high up, still have more powerful Vampires above you, but judging from the size of this party and the fact that you were tasked with the care of a House Raith noble on orders of either your king or hers, means that your station is very high. I venture to guess you are either in control of a very large section of New York, or even the entirety for your house. I know that the White Court is notorious for political movements and subtlety as their main weapons, preferring to have others do their dirty work, or even to pull the strings of the events around them, as opposed to the Red and Black Court's more direct approach." He looked around at the strange stares coming his direction as he wrapped up.

"What, ya'll think a Cajun can't be eloquent as well?" He asked incredulously. Despite all that he did reveal though, there was more he was keeping back. Ways to kill them, how many he had killed, the political structure and infighting that he normally took advantage of to entrap smaller fish, the various traps and snares he could make to entice a paleskin. There were many things he knew that should not be said in a conversation like this, there was even more that he simply needed to keep to himself. Pappy always said something like "Never tell your enemy everything you know."

The very last thing that he knew, that no one else knew but him, was his loathing of Vampires. They way they preyed on humans, the way they wore the shell of his kind as though it gave them hope of one day returning, their manipulation and use of that form to prey more easily, the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing. They were cunning and sly, but died from an arrow to the head or poison in their food just as well as the next supernatural. He had already tried to gauge the possible connection between the vampire houses and his family's murder, but there wasn't enough evidence on the ground to make a comparison. In all honesty, that was the only reason he was here, was the hope that maybe he would find something to point him in a direction.

"Rega'dless of my fancy talk, I believe that I have a majority of that right." He turned around to Dr. White.

"Hopefully you paid attention to that long enough to gain a respect to the Lords of this house while we are here, as to them, you might taste better with ketchup."
Edited by Charlie Theaddus, Mar 16 2013, 08:37 PM.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
The look he shot Charlie could have shattered mirrors and curdled milk, but the voice he used was clear, concise, and strangely enough, quite jovial.

"Why thank you very much Mr Thaed for your collection of vast knowledge and expertise." He took a step forward, his expression still on him. "But, like the rest of your kind, I do believe you lack the 'culture; to answer the rest of the man's questions."

He turned his gaze to the duke, his gaze softening. Naturally, he had absolutely no idea about the white court, save what it was that the cajun had revealed, but the look the duke had given him, with his eyes seemingly whiting over, had been more than cause for alarm. As angry as he was, if Thaeddus was right, he would have to try and rein it in, less he caused some kind of feeding incident.

Stupid Dracula wannabes, he thought to himself as he continued.

"If there is anyone in the big apple that oozes high society, it's the name of Lafure. You've been the go to people when it comes to entertainment in New York city since the prohibition. Hell, maybe sometime before then if the records of the city have anything to say about it. You dabbled in the usual - TV, radio, general fun, but for the last twenty years Lafure is the be all and end all of high end nightclubs catered to the rich, famous and financially stupid of Manhattan."

He stepped beside Charlie as he continued. "In other words. You're high society. Rich. Influential. Fingers in all the worker men pies. Petitions by people of a more religious nature over the happenings of your clubs disappear faster than they're brought up. Raids to your places of interest are more of a coffee break than a search for drugs. And Club Bite downtown serves the best mojitos I've ever tasted. My compliments to your chefs.

He stole a glance sideways at the cajun, a cocky smile on his lips. "So yeah. I got it. Watch what you say against the people who could easily buy you out of your house and home before you could say Anger Management. Don't just assume ignorance in people. Not everyone grew up in a swamp."
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted ImagePosted Image

Jefferson smiled warmly at the doctor and the cajun volunteering what they knew. "Very good," he nodded, "Glad to hear my expectations of you gentleman were not unfounded."

He glanced at Jonathon with only a hint of his hunger still simmering below the surface. "The mojito was Ben's brainchild, actually." The duke's son stood back behind the host's table, leaning against a pillar without an ounce of amusement.

"Your instincts are correct, Mr. Thaeddus," said the duke, "I have built my house from the ground up with blood, sweat and tears since it's very beginning." Jefferson stood from the table, and grabbed a chapagne flute, half filled and with a bold shade of red lipstick on its rim. He slowly, gingerly downed the glass before speaking again. "My youngest daughter, Abigail, has been taken."

"Gone missing," Benjamin corrected sourly from his spot against the pillar.

Jefferson lifted a hand to silence his son. "I have been forbidden by Lord Raith, our King, to further utilize any more of the White Court's resources. I've decided to enlist some from outside our purview. Hence your attendance here tonight." Jefferson snapped his fingers a few times and a bodyguard approached the duke with a thick envelope. Jefferson took the envelope and twirled a string loose around its binding.

"I am sure you understand the need for discretion. A slight of this nature against my house reflects vulnerability. Before we continue I will need your expressed word that what is spoken here remains among only those who stand here tonight."
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
A kidnapping job, James had never done one before but there was definitely going to be a potential for a big reward.

James looked a point just above the duke’s eyes and said “I completely understand Mr. Lafure. I had hoped that my reputation as a professional might have been enough but if it will put you at ease. I swear by my power that no word of this conversation will leave this room by my lips.”
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
Damn this man, Jonathon thought, his mind already racing. He may have not known anywhere near enough about these people to reliably say that he knew where their strengths lay - except of course for the cajun's frank, and rather unfair, inquiry. But he knew how strong giving one's word was. You don't sign up to be a representative of a living god without knowing how to keep a few oaths.

Never the less, he was here, in their territory, chest deep in whatever the hell vampires they were. His sense of self-preservation was battling against his need to just tell the duke to go look for his little bitch where the sun didn't shine. Not to mention if he could get a way into high society that wasn't connected to his own family, who knows where the benefits will take him?

"And exactly..." he said, watching his words, "what will you be providing us, as an incentive to do this?" He feared he already knew the answer, but it never hurt to push.
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

"I can appreciate Mr. Calhoun's business model: direct and uncomplicated. I will be compensating him for his skills and services. As for you, Dr. White..." Jefferson smiled coolly, "I was actually hoping that the rest of you would be willing to help rescue an innocent out of the goodness of your hearts. I would also be willing to negotiate alternative terms, if it came to that."
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
[copost between GM and Charlie

Charlie looked between the two vampires in front of the group, light glinting off of the tinted lenses of his goggles.

"Has she fed yet?"

Several eyes in the room looked to Charlie, who was perfectly still, hands in pockets, looking at the Duke. The room got very quiet.

Though the younger Lafure's body remained completely still, Benjamin's eyes flicked to the cajun with just a hint of discomfort.

If the Duke Jefferson was disturbed by the question, he didn't show it. A debrief was to be expected when hiring help. "We're not sure," he admited, avoiding charlie's gaze.

"She was on sabbatico dell'anima when she went missing," Benjamin said.

The Duke looked slowly to his son, his face still like a statue, unreadible. The fact that Benajmin's eyes went straight to the floor at just a glimpse of his father's reaction made it clear he'd said something he shouldn't have.

Charlie looked between the two with a certain sense of suspicion. There wasn't much that he didn't know about his prey's habits, but this was a new one.

"I'm afraid ya'll have me at a loss, the sabbatico dell'anima is a new one to me. If I could ask what that is?"

After a long moment of the Duke staring at his son, he turned back to Charlie and the other men with a short exhale. "My house does not ascribe to a conventional foodsource, and as such it is not unusual for our choice to be criticized by older, more establish families. I have managed to cultivate great trust and strength in my children and the other members of my House by ensuring that their particpation in our...great experiment...is voluntary. You clearly know that our children are born human, Mr. Thaeddus. When my sons and daughters near maturity, they are given a year to live outside our House to choose freely if they wish to join us."

Jefferson lowered the used champagne glass and stood to his full height. He was over six foot, towering like his son.

Charlie's mouth turned from neutral into a tight line. "How far along was she into this?"

The Duke stepped forward, opening the manila envelope. "She is two months late responding to our requests for her decision. And her place of residence has been unoccupied for some time." Lafure passed Charlie the envelope. "This is all the information we have regarding Abigail's last year of activity."

Charlie flipped through the contents of the envelope for a moment, before lifting it at eye level to offer it up to any fellow party member who would want to take a peek. He turned back to Jefferson, who towered over him, face still in a very stonewalled expression.

What does CHARLIE find in the envelope?

Charlie glanced through the envelope, without really studying it. He notices a stack of blown up photographs of a pretty blonde girl, laughing with people, walking into an apartment building, standing outside an old theater. He also catches a glimpse of a list of addresses and persons of interest. A couple names have been crossed off the list.

"I hope that, by now, you know of my reputation, and what exactly it is I do. I also expect that you know of my disposition toward your kin. So my question is not why you asked me here, because you already know my stance and that if I know for a fact that she is kin to you, I would walk away, because I don't make a habit of releasing prey.

"So my question then, would be, what do you think that you have that will keep me here?"

"I can put you back on your hunting path, Mr. Thaeddus. At least...I can push you in a warmer direction." The Duke's gaze hit Charlie's with a cold determination. "I have toiled for two centuries to keep my family safe and strong. You of all people can understand that I will do everything in and beyond my power to find my daughter."

Charlie froze as he met the Duke's eyes. Well then. Apparently the White Court not only knew about the murder of his family, they also knew something about who did it, at least a little information about it.

He shook his head, looking toward the door. There was a time where he would have placed an arrow in these paleskin's skulls and walked right out again. But that was a time where he had something to go back to. Not anymore.

He steeled himself and nodded toward the figure before him. "Alright. You got a deal, at least from me."

Jefferson nodded, "I swear upon my power and name, that you will find only compensation and answers upon my daughter's safe location and return."

GM Note

Anyone want to look in the folder more thoroughly? Grab it now! First post, first served.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
For the first time in a while, Niklas spoke. "May I see that Charles?"

Reaching for the folder, the much older man took it, looking for the one thing that would make the search so much easier. The one thing he hoped beyond hope would be in the folder. In a moment, his face fell. No such luck. But these addresses... there might be a clue there...

"Where did she live?"
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

Benjamin pushed off from the pillar and stepped forward. "She lives in Brooklyn," he said sharply. "In South Williamsburg. It's the first address on the list there." He pointed vaguely at the papers in the wizard's hands.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
In an offhand manner James said “Mr. Metzger when you are done with the folder would you mind handing over here”

James turned to face Benjamin. “Benjamin, I am sure most of the question I have will be answered when I can examine the folder but it is always better to get this information from the horse’s mouth. Who does your family suspect of committing the crime?”
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
Jonathon was not in the mood for quiet dealings, or complications stemming from whether the girl drank blood, or anger, or whatever it was that they did.

He did, however, like the idea of power. If there was a family that it wouldn't hurt to have them in his pocket, this would be it.

He quietly scanned his eyes over the photographs at the short time they were on display, taking note of the person in them, and who they were, before he spoke.

"Well, how about we have the arrangement on my side work out differently. I go along with this babysitting project, you owe the powers I work for, a favour. One you must oblige if they ask for it. Only then will you have my solemm vow and promise."
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image"It's...hard to say," Benjamin answered, eyes glancing to his father every so often, "There are a number of parties who could be responsible. There are member of other Houses who would have ample reason to want to discredit the loyalty of our family members. Plenty who'd want to blackmail us in exchange for her return, too. The Red Court presence in town is not our greatest ally, either." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "There's always the alternative, of course..."

"Benjamin..." The Duke's voice came in a warning.

His son did not heed his tone, and turned back to James. "She may have left of her own volition," he said, "She was within her rights according to the convenant of sabbatico dell'anima.

Posted Image The doctor's veiled threat did not shake much of a reaction from the Duke. "I'm not sure your sponsor would have much use for my service, Doctor." Jefferson smiled calmly at the doctor. "I have my own proposal. I have purchased a debt of yours from a third party. Involving some business in Calcutta, if I'm not mistaken." He glanced to his son, who silently confirmed with a nod. "In exchange for your help, I will opt not to exercise my rights to this debt."

Investigation Roll

Jonathon rolls an investigation check on the folder: - + + + (+2 Investigation Modifer) = +6 (Fantastic Effort)

Jonathon found in the envelope a list of locations, marked "Known Residences and Locations". The list below included:

• 385 Union Avenue, Brooklyn
  • Market Street Pub, Brooklyn
  • St Christopher Soup Kitchen for God's trekkers, Bronx
  • Pettigrew & James Theater, Lower Manhattan
  • Volta Coffee Bar and Lounge, Lower Manhattan
  • Wong's Emporium, Chinatown

Edited by GM, Mar 24 2013, 06:24 PM.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Recognizing something in the pictures, Niklas straightened. "You have my complete assistance; but, in exchange, I ask to speak with Benjamin. In private. Now."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM

The Duke looked to his son for a long moment, and when Ben nodded, so did he. "Very well," Jefferson said, "Briefly, if you would."

Benjamin stalked past the party and lifted a hand to let Niklas lead the way further out into the ballroom. "After you," he muttered quietly.

No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
Well..

Son of a bitch.

It was a very bitter and dark voice that escaped Jonathon's lips when he replied.

"Well. In that.. case.. I give you my solemn vow that... I will do what I can to ensure that everything spoken here will remain here."
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

Duke Lafure watched Jonathon with a calm dominance. A man who knew when he'd gotten exactly what he'd wanted. "Glad that we understand each other, Dr. White. I appreciate your exemplary skills and assistance."
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM

PRIVATE CONVERSATION

Returning the table, Niklas addressed the Duke. "The talk was most enlightening. I believe I may have a lead on where she would be; but, I must ask one more favor. That Benjamin accompany us on the search. I feel he would be a most valuable asset in the search."

"Excellent," Jefferson said, "Would you be so kind as to enlighten me, Warden Metzger?" The Duke glanced past the wizard's shoulder and to his son. Benjamin was silent, but clearly shaken. "What sort of lead, and how, pray tell, would my son be of use? To your task, I mean."

"I believe I may be able to scry her location by using something dear to her, and Benjamin fits that particular bill quite nicely."

"Ah, I see," Jefferson said, his tone dull. "I would hate to quell such enthusiasm for your task, but I'm afraid associates of mine have attempted to discern her location by such means several times already. And my blood would make a much better match, I would think. Benjamin and Abigail are only half siblings."

"I had assumed that you, as Duke, would be unwilling to give such an intimate connection to one like myself. You of all people should know the power of blood. I believe that Benjamins blood will be more than sufficient for my purposes."

"You would be correct," the Duke sighed. "It would be up to my son's discretion, then. If he wishes to open himself up to such a intimate procedure." He looked to his son. Benjamin had sidled up beside Niklas, though he kept several steps seperate between them. "Very well," Jefferson agreed. "You may utilize my son for this purpose. Our King's decree was explicit that I may not utilize vital resources of his court. I assume Benjamin can be spared for the time being." He kept his eyes trained on Benjamin, as if he had to remind his son of all this.

"I cannot, however, spare any further monetary or personnel resources on this endeavour beyond what we have already spoken on. I can perhaps help in other ways, if you have any suggestions." The Duke looked to each in the party, to see if anyone had any input.

No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
The party made their agreements and pacts with Duke Jefferson of House Lafure that night, and quickly departed from the penthouse. James honored a business contract with his client, Jonathon surrendered to the threat of blackmail, Charlie would follow the path that led him to answers, and Niklas agreed to seek out a missing innocent.

The men, along with Benjamin Lafure, made their way to the nearest all night diner, and hunkered down to plan their next move to locate Abigail Lafure.

[END OF SCENE ONE]
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Act One · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.