Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
  • 1
[2] Moonrock Diner, Manhattan; 313 W 57th St
Topic Started: Mar 26 2013, 09:18 PM (964 Views)
GM
Posted Image



It was nearing midnight, and the diner crowd was thinning. The men took a seat in a corner booth. They poured the contents of the envelope out onto the table. Soon, the waitress came by with drinks, and left the group to their own devices.

Benjamin sat on the end of one side of the booth, wooden toothpick in his teeth as he stared out at the diner and followed the movements of the waitress as the men in his father's employ discussed their next move...


GM notes
 
Begin Scene Two...
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
The coffee Charlie kept in his hands was still steaming, but he hadn't taken a sip of it yet. The folder sat splayed in the middle of the table, it's contents hidden from outsider view, but open to them. It looked like a scene in some sort of crime drama on television. Charlie half smiled as he envisioned red lines pointing from photos to notes, developing some insubstantial web of red tape that only the person placing the points could read. There were small conversations going on in the booth, but nothing of substance, mostly clarifications from Ben and a few comments here and there. Mostly, everyone had taken a sheet or two and was looking at it intently.

Charlie himself had a picture of the young lady. She was very stunning, looked like she would be more at home on the beach than devouring the anger of the humans around her. He briefly thought of his time in New York, trying to make a connection to events that already happened in the various districts as he heard it, but nothing about a riotous mob or an old fashioned bar fight even sprung to mind. It didn't count out that she hadn't turned, but just proved how light his contacts on the ground had become. On that horrid thought he placed his coffee cup back down onto the table.

"So here's my thoughts." The small conversations toned down as eyes turned to him. He didn't phrase it as an attempt to control the situation, but more as a focusing point for everyone.

"We need mo' information then what we got. Obvious. Has anyone noticed anything in these sheets that maybe needs a little mo' scrutinizing? We all got our expertise here and despite anything that happened in the past between any of us, we need to work together." He turned to look at the group as a whole.

"Fo' example. I can track. I know my way around a city and its people. But I don't have the financial power of James, who might know a few folks who would recognize her in higher class shindigs. Doc, your detail in surgery might be of help here. Any recognizable medical conditions in the photos or something in the notes that might point to something we can use to track a fella? Nikolas, anything on the magic 'o meter o' yours? Maybe amulets or symbols, locations of power? If we all pool this, maybe we can get some leads to follow up on."

Charlie
 
Charlie is calling for an assisted roll. He's going to be rolling Investigation on the photos and notes in front of us. Angie says to roll for something that might help with the investigation. I made some suggestions, but here's a few more.

-Alertness: Look for subtle details to photos or notes that might escape notice.
-Burglary: Casing in particular, check buildings for signs of security equipment or revealing features
-Contact: Stepping aside and making a few calls to people.
-Empathy: Longshot, but possible connection to how targets are interacting, maybe revealing of entrapment or unwanted attention
-Investigation, obviously
-Lore: possible magic connections.
-Resources: Lifestyle trapping, high contacts maybe heard of her.
-Scholarship: Medical or research background

Each successful roll will help with Charlie's roll, giving him an aspect. He can tag all of these aspects for free for major bonuses to the roll, as determined by Angie.

Edited by Charlie Theaddus, Mar 26 2013, 10:02 PM.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Niklas held in his hands the list of addresses. Something about it worried him. Perhaps it was the fact that several of them were places he frequented. Perhaps it was the fact that almost none of them held any merit in his eyes as to her possible location. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up at the group. "Okay gentlemen. As far as I can tell, she has not been kidnapped. From what I have gathered from my conversation with Benjamin, she has chosen to leave the family. If she does not desire to be found, she will not be. In my opinion, the best course of action will be to bring her to her father to state her intention."


With that, Niklas took a sip of his drink, savoring the dark bitterness of bad diner coffee. "Anything you would like to add, Benjamin?" he added with an almost offhanded air.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM

Posted Image

Benjamin watched the waitress with rapt attention as she darted around, taking orders and passing out plates of food. His focus was interrupted at the question from the wizard. He turned to Niklas, draping his arm over the back of the corner-booth seat. "I think you've got it just about covered," he muttered, quickly turning away from the men once again. "No one's ever left after the sabbattico. Despite my father's high minded ideals, I don't think he's prepared to deal with the idea that his way not what everyone wants."
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
James finished off the cup of coffee he ordered. “That seems like an acceptable course of action to me, Niklas.” If the Duke didn’t agree well then they would have words at the end of this.

James reached in the pocket of his jacket pants and removed a small red book.

“Well gentlemen if you will excuse me, I am going to make a few calls with diner’s phone. Unless one of you wants to risk your cell phone. Assuming, it has lasted this long.” James without waiting for anyone to answer, he stands up and starts walking toward the waitress to ask about a phone.
Roll
 
If you want it now. The contacts roll would be (_,_,-,+) for total result of +3
Edited by James Calhoun, Mar 28 2013, 05:11 PM.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Jame's roll results
 
Succes, +3 (Good) Effort

James politely asked the waitress for the use of their phone, which she obliged to the handsome man in a suit. He rolled through the numbers in a little red adress book. The phone numbers listed on the tiny pages weren't labeled plainly, but James had kept a tally of who was who with a complex code system. His calls were quick, mostly dead ends or dead lines, but he was able to catch a few hints from some of his go to people.

James Calhoun - Private Phone Calls


James stepped from the phone, politely thanked the waitress, tucked away his tiny red book, and returned to the table.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
He stared at the photographs, face scowled, his mind drifting from the conversation. Things had taken a turn for the worse for him. Not only was he now working with the equivalent of the League of Extraordinary gentlemen - a fact that was scaringly getting more and more true the more he got to know them - but now he was doing it for free.

All because of Calcutta.

He took a small glance at his arms, a shine of the shackles reflecting from the light of the diner. Sometimes, just, sometimes, he wished he hadn't done something as monumentally stupid as put them on.

But only sometimes. On long nights with a bottle of whiskey and a cigar in hand.

Right now he just wished they didn't feel so heavy.

Quote:
 
Scholarship roll -+++ = 2, (again.. I swear I'm not making these up) + scholarship = +6 result
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
GM notes
 
The GM is officially using Jonathon and Niklas as mouthpieces for this post, in order to info dump easily. This action earns both characters a FATE POINT each. Both have had a fate point added to their profile (Jonathon from 2 to 3 fate points, Niklas from 1 to 2 fate points). I have added them myself, but please adjust your profiles accordingly.

Jonathon rolled for Scholarship, made a +6(fantastic) effort
Niklas rolled for Lore, made a +6(fantastic) effort
Considering Charlie's +3(Good) effort for Investigation.

Posted Image Posted Image


The party studied the photos and documents from the evidence envelope with rapt attention. Putting their heads together, they were able to discern several things about the past year of Abigail's life.

"The White Court enjoys keeping their secrets. The Council has managed to glean scant information from dealings with the Houses of the White King. We know that White Court Vampires are born, not made, in the sense of being bitten. They aren't the vampires that most people think of when you say the word. They lack most of the weaknesses of the Red or Black Courts. So, sunlight, objects of faith, garlic: those sorts of things are off the table in terms of protecting ourselves from them. They are actually fairly close to mortal, for the most part, when the Hunger subsides."

Benjamin sat in his corner of the booth, entertained by the wizard teaching a lesson about a creature that was sitting at the table with them.

Jonathon began flipping through the photos of Abigail from different times within the past year. "You can see a significant change in the girl from month to month. It seems that she's had some lows and highs physically." A few dated mid March, snow on the ground, Abigail looked incredibly tired and gaunt, her eyes noticeably lighter than their naturally vibrant blue. "Evidence would suggest perhaps drug use. Looking her worst during withdrawl, and after a fix, she'd be back up and 'herself' again."

"The same symptoms could also indicate intermittent feeding," Niklas chimed in. He looked to Benjamin apoligetically, "If she's indead turned already." Niklas recognized it as the throes of feeding depravation. He was familiar with some of the signs in other White Court vampires that he'd encountered. "It is very difficult for Vampires, and especially White Court Virgins, to hold back their hunger if they've had to exert themselves, or if they are hurt, or if they are simply surrounded by temptation," Niklas said It was hard to tell which applied to the girl. Some of the later photos, what looked like later in the summer, showed a very different Abigail, though. She seemed happy, full of smiles and laughter. Downright animated.

She would have turned very quickly after her release, then, Charlie noted, given the timestamps on the photos.

A couple of young people began to show up in the stack of photos at that point. A couple of lovers - a raven haired ethereal beauty and a tall lanky man in with shaggy brown hair and dark sunglasses - walked side by side with Abigail down the street and sat at cafe's with her.

They continued through the packet of information, and began studying the contact sheet and location list. One name stuck out to Niklas like a sore thumb.

May Flowers, approx. age 23, medium height, thin, blonde. Unknown supernatural connections.

Niklas cursed under his breath in German. The name seemed a little too on-the-nose, but it could be her. May Flowers was the name of one of the Summer Court. A lower level fae, but she was in the employ of the Summer Lady. A Summer lady-in waiting. She had a sister as well, April Showers. If Abigail Lafure was interracting with the fae, this entire situation may have become instantly more complicated.

No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
When he realized that last fact, Niklas paled. "Gott im Himmel. Sie ist mit dem Sommer-Court. Fluch diese verdammten fae!"

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he addressed the table. "Gentlemen, we do not have much time. If she is with whom I believe she is with, then she either is about to turn or already has. And if they get their hooks into her fully... Well... let's just say it will be bad for everyone."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie finally sipped on some of his coffee as James retuned to the table. He was glancing at some of the photos of the girl, trying to determine times and places to work on locating her when suddenly Niklas lost his shit at the other end of the table and started cursing in German. It was unexpected, as most everyone had gone quiet in study. Charlie’s knees hit the table in surprise as he jumped back as the sudden onslaught of the foreign tongue, adding some of his own to the mix.

“ Feet pue tan, Nik! You’d scare the piss out of a Frenchman with that tongue o’ yours.” He rubbed his sore knee as Niklas tossed the address down on the table in front of everyone. His finger highlighted the part where it showed “May Flowers.”

Lore Roll
 
Charlie has +5 to Lore.
Rolled a - - 0 0, for a -2 total.
Result: +3 to recognize name


The name sounded slightly familiar to Charlie, but he couldn’t place it. He looked up to Niklas with a strange look.

“Is there something we need to look fa’ in that name, Niklas? ‘Cause the way I figure it, You, James, and Ben can hash up that Therm-ee-tur-gy to track her down, and Myself and Doc can start beating the street, follow up on some of these names. We may have an idea of what we are up against, but, we best’n have all the cards before we sta’t knocking on people’s doors.”

Self-Compel
 

Charlie is compelling his own aspect of “Headstrong Gators become Boots, son.”
He wants to be absolutely sure of the status of the girl before heading in. He feels it is always better to know what you are getting into before stirring the pot with your involvement.
Edited by Charlie Theaddus, Mar 29 2013, 02:22 PM.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
"She has fallen in with a bad crowd, Charlie", Niklas said in a much more hushed tone.

"May Flowers, and her sister April, are Summer Court fae. Summer ladies-in-waiting to be precise. The Summer Court is bad news AT BEST, and deadly at it's worst. I know of one who isn't SO bad though. He might be able to give us some information as well. Anyone up for a slice?"
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
“One of my contacts mentioned a group of changelings in the Brooklyn that she supposedly hung out with. So, if you have an in with the summer crowd, that sounds like a place to start. The only contact I have with that crowd is April Showers and I think that might tip our hand.”

James finished off his the second cup of coffee for the night and looked up. “Also, if we want another angle to look at, someone mentioned the Duke's ex as potentially having something to do with the disappearance. Supposed she runs the Eynd. I wasn’t able to get a name."
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie turned to the table before looking at Niklas, brow furrowed.

"Nik, i understand your concern, but you know as well as I do that goin' inta a Fae anything without some sort of knowledge about what they are up to is a recipe for getting killed. Or worse. We need facts and knowledge to see this one through. My original statement stands. I got enough sway left with some people, Doc's got away with people, you and James could make a nice spell before heading out to do some follow up."

Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image
Ceramic shattered as Benjamin squeezed his coffee cup too hard. "Martinique," he grumbled low from his corner. "Martinique Raith. She'd be in tonight. Don't bring my name up."


GM notice
 

Alright, players, we have a course of action to decide on. Please post your character's opinion on this on the board, no matter how brief. So far, we have:


  • Charlie has recommended that Niklas and James do some thaumaturgy mojo using Ben's blood to find Abigail's location, while Charlie and Jonathon go looking up the contacts on the list. (this would split the party)
  • Niklas has recommended they all go to a pizza joint to get some intel from a contact of his.
  • James suggested, from his contacts, that they either check out the Eynd, to chat with possible suspect Martinique Raith, Duke Lafure's ex, or that they investigate the group of changelings that Abigail Lafure had been documented socializing with.


I for one and totally fine with any course of action. I would set up two separate location threads in order to do Charlie's idea. Please post your character's agreement/other ideas ASAP. Let's keep this RPtrain chuggin' along. That is all!
-Ang
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
"Well, I don't want to sound out of place with all you mystic types, but I'm up for some good old-fashioned conversation if the rest of you don't mind."

He straightened his cap, picking up his own coffee cup, warily looking at Benjamin as he did so, like a mother trying to protect her young.

"I say James has the right of it. Let's speak with the people who won't cause someone to go around breaking cups first. Her friends might give us a better insight as to what to ask the others, plus they apparently know her better. Also this is a good plan, because I would much rather not be stuck with Cajun Joe over there."

out of character
 

Totally down with James' idea BTW
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
"I really think we should talk to Ray" Niklas said after a moment.

"This whole thing stinks of summer and he is the only decent summer I know. If he doesn't pan out, we can always try spells after."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Niklas and Charlie shifted in their seats uncomfortably, a shudder running through them. Something wasn't right. It was precisely around the point where they would have spoken up about the sensation of Major Bad Happening, that the dulled sounds of screaming and cars honking could be heard outside the diner. Something was definitely not right...

In an instant, the front panes of glass on the diner windows smashed inwards, and a large human body flew into the diner, slamming into the front counter. The cash register sailed to the floor, the rattling of change echoing through the room as it burst open on the tiles. Diner patrons darted up from their seats in a panic. A deafening, guttural roar shook through everyone within a block.

Posted Image
The body who'd sailed through the window, a large young man with shaggy brown hair, rolled onto his side and groaned. During the next few long moments of more screaming and crashing sounds from outside, he winced to his feet. His face was covered in cuts and bruises, blood dotting beneath his nose and at the corner of his mouth. He stared out the smashed window with tears in his eyes. "Alice," he grunted out, "Alice, don't, please..."

As if by the very sound of the name, a massive pink clawed hand the size of a car tire gripped the edge of the window sill. "Alice!" the boy screamed out, and a creature, eleven feet tall covered in leathery pink skin and horns, leaned into the newly open front wall of the diner.


Posted Image Niklas and Charlie knew an ogre when they saw one, but this one was strange. A matting of braided brown hair stood atop its head, and a pair of thick black glasses pressed tightly against the ogre's face, squeezing and straining. It also seemed to be wearing a fetching magenta shade of lipstick. The ogre snarled, it's sharp teeth gnashing at the sight of the herd of panicking humans inside the diner.

"Alice, stop!" the young man hollered at the creature, lifting his hands to halt the ogre's approach. The gesture sent the creature into a rage, and with a deafening howl at the sky, the ogre charged, taking a swing its fists at anything that moved. A table splintered like it had been hit by a train, chunks flying everywhere. A patron of the diner, an older man just a little slower than the others who were fleeing from the monster, was caught in the movement and the ogre's fist crushed his rib-cage as it slammed him into the wall. A blood curdling series of cracks later, and the man was dead before he'd slumped to the floor.



Physical Conflict!
 


SCENE: The Moonrock Diner

SCENE ZONES:
1.) Back in the Kitchen and Office Area
2.) In the diner proper.
3.) Out on the sidewalk and the immediate street

SCENE ASPECTS: (can be used)
1.) Lots of Knives and Fire (Zone 1) in the back behind the counter is a door to the kitchen, filled with industrial kitchen equipment and appliances.
2.) Lots of Debris (Zone 2) - Glass and table shrapnel have littered the diner.
3.) Panicked Mob (Zone 2) The crowd in the diner are understandably freaked out by the presence of a giant man-killing monster.
4.) Giant Gaping Hole (Zone 2) - There is now a massive open air hole in the diner's front wall, where there used to be a window. It leads to...
5.) 6 Car Pileup (Zone 3) - A bunch of cars have crashed into each other on the streets just in front of the diner. Seems the ogre scared all the drivers.


see page 2 of this Cheat Sheet to figure out what sort of action you'd like to use your turn on.

Please let me know in private chat what you'd like to attempt, I'll put in in the below post's list, and then you'll get to post when it's your turn in the initiative rotation.

Initial Initiative will be determined by alertness level, considering the previous alertness roll for the ogre attack.

1.) Charlie
2.) The Ogre
3.) Niklas (bonus from original lore roll)
4.) James
5.) Jonathon



Here is our active scene map: Posted Image
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Physical Conflict Actions - Round 1
 
I'll alter this as I go. So far, we've got the following actions planned. Keep in mind when your planning your action, the order that events are occurring before you.

1.) Benjamin is going to pull a handgun on the ogre, and place himself firmly between Niklas and the monster, performing a block. (1 supplemental action and a primary block action)
2.) Charlie is going to roll a Lore check to recall any weaknesses specific to ogres, and then dash to the next zone, outside to his bike. (1 aspect attempt, and one supplemental action)
3.) The Ogre ____
4.) Niklas is going to be taking cover in the kitchen one zone back, and then try to cast a spell from cover. (1 supplemental action, and 1 spell casting)
5.) The Boy _____
6.) James _____
7.) Jonathon _____


Posted Image
Benjamin was up out of his seat and on his feet the moment the street facing glass shattered. He took two steps forward from the table, and whipped a desert eagle handgun out of his leather jacket. He pointed it square in between the monster's eyes as he looked behind at Niklas. "Warden, get your men out of here!" He hollered, setting his feet heavy on the ground and tightening his body in preparation for the ogre to charge them.


Benjamin's actions
 
Benjamin is set up to protect Niklas from a physical swing from the ogre. He rolls 0 0 + - with a Might of +2, but -1 for the Supplemental Action of pulling his gun, his Block effort is (+2)Fair. If anyone tries to attack Niklas with a physical attack, they must go through Benjamin's +2 defense before they reach Niklas' own defense.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
The roar sent Charlie into action, as he looked over to a few groups of people staring at the Pink monstrosity climbing into the window. They looked over at him, mouths agape and eyes wide. He pointed toward the kitchen, knowing that every good restaurant as an emergency exit out the back.



“GO!” He yelled, listing as another roar pierced the air around them. The people started to scream, and bolted, seeking any direction to go that would be away from that beast. Charlie turned back to the group, who were already getting up from the table. He knew that the ogre was Fae, and Fae meant a iron weakness, but a box of nails wasn’t going to take this beast down. But something ticked his brain as he looked over as the beast went into a rage.



“Fire.” He said quietly. He gained momentum as he spun around. “Fire, get fire on it!” He yelled before turning around. So far, after the Ogre slammed the old man, the resultant chaos sent people out the doors. Charlie slipped his way inside the screaming mass, who were packing out the main door. But Charlie wasn’t screaming. He knew exactly where he was going.



Aspect Reveal
 
Charlie’s Lore check was 0 0 0 -, with a lore of +5, leading to total of +4. He shared with the others the aspect of “Human Fire Burn Ug”




Breaking off as soon as they were outside, he risked a glance at the street, seeing a few people in their cars. There was a major pile up in the street, several cars slammed into each other as they most likely were taken by surprise of the Ogre appearing in the street. He pushed the worry down inside his gut as he ran over to his motorcycle. He couldn’t do anything for them right then, the Ogre was priority.



He made it just in time around the motorcycle, crouching a bit as he placed his thumb on the sensor to unlock the case. He knew exactly what he needed, it was just a matter of staying out of sight until he got it.
Edited by Charlie Theaddus, Apr 2 2013, 12:37 PM.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image Posted Image







The ogre hunched under the ceiling of the diner, almost too low for it to fit. Its dark eyes flashed around the diner as bystanders fled the scene from any door or window available. The creature snarled, its gaze zeroing in on the bleeding young man it had flung into the diner. The ogre stepped forward with a ground shaking thud, and roared, baring its fangs and sending drool flying all over the boy. He cowered from the creature, covering his head with his arms and backing up into the side of the counter. "Alice!" he screamed at the ogre, tripping over the shattered cash register as he tried to edge around the counter. "Stop!"

The ogre reached out and clawed out at the boy as he stumbled away. Claws struck flesh, and blood splattered on the tile as the creature closed it's vice grip over the boy's arm. He howled out in agony as he was wrenched off the floor by the monster. The boy flailed with his free arm and took a hard, close-fisted swing at the side of the ogre's head. It connected just at the temple. Hard. The creature shook its head furiously and sickening snap was audible as it cracked the boy's arm at a awful angle. The boy had to have been nearly 300 pounds, but the ogre flung him like a rag doll behind the counter. He hit the ground with a thud and was still for a long moment.

Results
 
Temporary Aspect on the Ogre - "Dazed and Enraged" - it's concentration is strained and it keeps shaking its head at the blow to its temple
Severe Consequence on The Boy - "Bloody and Broken" - he's got massive claw punctures and tears, and his left arm has been completely broken
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Niklas eye'd the ogre, then Benjamin. "I assure you, I can handle myself." With that, Niklas dismissed his veil and drew his sword, swinging low at the ogre's hamstring. With incredibly force, the Warden Sword sliced through the ogre's leg like tissue paper. Gouts of blood flowed from the open wound, the already wobbly ogre fell to the ground with a sickening CRUNCH.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
BOOM! POW!


NIKLAS' ACTION
 
Niklas spent a FATE POINT to declare that the ogre, in it's "Dazed and Enraged" state, did not notice the attack and thus did not defend. So, with a +6 roll (with 0 defense against it), Niklas did 6 shifts of base damage with his Warden sword. He used one of its three times a day to be a weapon:6 (instead of 3), doing an addiitonal 6 damage, totally at 12 total damage. The ogre has natural armor:2 with its thick skin, bringing the total Physical Stress placed on the ogre to 10. Geezus.

Niklas is now back to 1 FATE POINT


Posted Image Posted Image








The sound that came from the ogre was blood-curdling. It let out a hoarse roar of agony, collapsing under it's own weight and crashing to the floor, taking a few chairs and a table with it. Blood pooled on the tile beneath what was left of the creature's leg, just below the hip. The severed limb thudded to the ground, splashing blood at Niklas' boots.

Whimpers and growls came weakly, it's eyes fluttering closed. There was a hushed silence in the room, and everyone stared at the fallen monstrosity. Police sirens howled in the distance. The police were on their way. Two minutes, tops.

From behind the counter, the young man hauled himself to his feet with his good arm. He cradled the mangled mess of his other arm, wincing, and sobbing, and unable to move his gaze from the fallen ogre. "Al...Alice..." His eyes were red from tears. His legs gave way under him, and he fell to his knees in shock. Somehow hitting the floor like that broke something inside him, and the floodgates opened. The young man began openly weeping at the sight of the fallen ogre, managing to crawl a few feet closer to it's still form before his balance gave out and he rolled onto his back with hitched breathing.


FALLOUT
 
The ogre has been taken out of play. Combat is over.
The young man's aspect, is still "Bloody and Broken", but it now also refers to his emotional state. He is in mental anguish.


The diner was in ruins; tables and chairs were smashed, dishes trampled and shattered, not to mention the giant monster unconscious and bleeding out in the middle of the room. The evidence envelope and its contents had blown mostly off the party's table. Photos and documents littered the floor around James and Jonathon's feet.

Shaky witnesses began to gather outside the shattered glass of the diner window, blocking Charlie from being able to see inside the diner anymore. Voices grew louder and more raucous as people took in the scene. The wailing of sirens was growing louder. two, maybe three cars?

"It would be best if we departed," Benjamin growled to the men in the diner, re-holstering his gun beneath his jacket. His eyes darted to the exit, now swarmed with rubber-neckers. His car was half a block away from here.

Posted Image Near to Charlie, a young woman slammed into the crowd, struggling to pass them. "Cyrano!" she yelled out towards the diner over the hubbub of the crowd. The people lining the streets were a thick herd, now, so she pried helplessly at the mass of New Yorkers staring at the destruction in the diner. "CYRANO!" she shouted again, panicked and out of breath. "God dammit, move!" she barked at a large man in a Yankees jacket in front of her. The guy shoved her back and kept looking over the crowd to catch a glimpse in side. The girl kept tugging and cursing and generally failing to find an in to the diner.

The young girl was fetching, Charlie would notice. Short dark hair and deep blue eyes. Pretty, in an ethereal kinda way. It took a moment, and the girl turning around, for Charlie to recognize her as one half of the couple captured in a number of photos in the evidence folder.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie heard the loud screaming of the beast, the screaming of the sirens, and the thump of the Ogre hitting the floor. He took a quick peek around the crowd to see the pink monstrosity’s head in view. He decided that he needed to move. Pressing his thumb to the sidecar again, he grabbed a standard issue police Beretta pistol, clips, and his hunter’s vest. Checking quick to see if anyone was watching him, he grabbed a small piece of Velcro and silently placed the section of the car back till it locked shut.


Walking around the corner, he quickly donned his Hunter’s vest, a converted riot issue Kevlar vest with chainmail intertwined for more close range fighting. But before Charlie slipped the tactical garment on, he took the strip of Velcro and pressed it onto the back of the vest, slightly smiling as he twisted it on. Holstering the pistol in a built in holster, Charlie rounded the corner again, taking quick stock of the situation. That’s when he noticed her.



She was quite beautiful, even with the worried look on her face. Graceful black hair and a set of fashionable, but comfy clothes on, belaying her young status. Or at least, partially. He felt something off about the situation, like the air was shimmering in a heat wave, but it was nighttime and a little chilly. She turned to check for other entrances through the crowd as a stout man in a Yankee’s shirt blocked her off yet again, and his jaw dropped.



That was the girl from the photos. The female part of the couple hanging with Jefferson’s daughter. What a stroke of luck. But as Charlie pondered for a moment he realized that this might be more of a hindrance. An ogre of Summer, attacking right as they were deciding to move out for the investigation, the girl hanging out with Summer, and suddenly, one of the associates of the girl here at the scene of the crime, apparently knowing someone in the attack?



Charlie wasn’t one for speculation, but this seemed a little to conspicuous. He needed to act.



“ATF AGENT! MAKE A PATH!” He hollered, barreling toward the crowd. The Large letters emblazoned on his back enforcing the concept that he was a man who needed people to get the hell out of the way.

Presence roll
 
Charlie is trying to force a path through the crowd.

Presence is +4

Roll was -00+, resulting in 0.

+4 total


“You ma’am,” He said toward the girl, “You need to come with me to the scene, did you know anyone?” He didn’t grab her, but a path to the diner opened quickly. He knew that seconds mattered here as he started walking, knowing that someone who was scared would naturally follow a person of authority. They needed to get out of there, and pronto. None of them could afford a police interrogation right now.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

The girl shuffled behind Charlie tentatively, but once she was several people deep into the row the crowd had made, she walked faster to catch up to him. "Yes, my roommate, Cy. The...I think he's inside." She stared at the card on the back of Charlie's jacket. "You're...you're not NYPD," she commented, her voice a little shaky.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
Wow...

He still had his coffee in his hand, having ducked behind an up righted table at the start of it all, and peered out, with the mug still in hand. He sipped a bit, his hands slightly shaky enough to cause a little to spill onto his jacket. He paid it no heed, things had just gotten interesting. He nodded quietly to Benjamin - just because the guy was a sparkly blood sucker, or emotion sucker, or whatever the hell he was, didn't mean he wasn't courteous - He moved himself by the body of the the broken boy, and hefted him to his shoulders as well as he could. Naturally, this meant he had to let go of his coffee for a moment, but he made sure to pick it up when he had the boy up.

"Well... as fun as this is, can we please leave before I am obligated to start patching people up or something?"

Action
 

Going to move the boy for everyone, but I need a place to go. SOMEONE SUGGEST SOMETHING!
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Nodding at Jonathon, Niklas turned to James and Benjamin. "Can you two help me with the ogre? I can't carry her myself. Wait! I might have something..." As Niklas trailed off, he began rummaging inside of his cloak. "Ah! Here it is!" With that, Niklas pulled a small vial of viciously red liquid from his cloak, popped the seal, and drank it in one go. The effect was instantaneous. Niklas went from a zero to Hulk Hogan in about 0.Nothing seconds flat.

"Now then, can SOMEONE please help me with this ogre?", he said in a suddenly much deeper voice.
Edited by Niklas Metzger, Apr 7 2013, 11:35 AM.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
James thought damn Wardens, Always pick the least subtle way to deal with a threat it seems. Well, he would just have to live with and try to get this group out of this disaster as fast as possible.

James shouted to Nik “I will give you a hand with that.”

James jogged over to Nik and grabbed the Ogre’s other arm and set it across his shoulders. Christ, this thing was heavy.

James looked around and said “I think there is an exit through the Kitchen on an alley. We should probably head out that way.”
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
A million medical terms ran through Jonathon's brain, mostly ending with some form of reproduced steroid, as he practically watched Nik seemingly change. "You two carry the... uh... whatever the hell that is. And I'll bring the boy. Come on. Police will be here any moment."

He took James' advice, heading straight into the kitchen, looking towards an exit from there. "You still haven't told us where we are heading. Also... where did you get that god damn sword!"

Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
:X
LAST POST
 
The girl shuffled behind Charlie tentatively, but once she was several people deep into the row the crowd had made, she walked faster to catch up to him. "Yes, my roommate, Cy. The...I think he's inside." She stared at the card on the back of Charlie's jacket. "You're...you're not NYPD," she commented, her voice a little shaky.

Posted Image
Posted Image






Charlie ventured a glance over his shoulder as he continued through the crowd.

"No ma'am. Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Independent of the local police forces. I need your help in this, ma'am as you seem to know one of the perps. Come on now, let get you inside."

"One of the perps...No no, Cyrano wouldn't had anything to do with this. I just lost him in the crowd, is all."

He helped the young woman up into the diner with an open hand as he watched James and Niklas heft the ogre onto their shoulders.

"What's you name, mon Cher?"

She grabbed Charlie's hand as he helped her weave through the mob gathered outside. "Serena," she answered carefully, "Serena Ehrlich."

They stepped into the destroyed restaurant, and Serena froze at the door and stared in silent shock. The ogre's unconscious form was spilling blood all over the floor. The sight of the severed leg drew a startled gasp from the girl. "Oh my God..." Her voice was a strained hush.

"Serena, you gotta focus," Charlie said, "If we don't help these guys things are gonna get bad." He turned to the other guys and realized that they were gonna try to get the ogre out of the back. He turned to Serena.

"You must help Dr White over there carry your friend. I'll return shortly."

Charlie turned and ran into the back, stepping over broken glass and debris, making sure to not trip anything that would cause him to impale home own hide in this death trap.

It took a long moment for her to break her gaze from the creature. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She forced her legs to push her forward, and she stepped ginergerly over debris as she gave the men with the ogre a wide birth. She walked past the party's table, careful to watch the ground where she was going...

...and saw a pile of blown up photos and papers strewn around under her feet. A face caught her eye in one of the photos, and she leaned down to pick it up. The image of her own face, as well as the others in the picture, set her tense. She looked back up to where the men were setting about to leave, and studied them cautiously.

But the moment she saw Jonathon helping the young injured man towards the kitchen door, she quickly got her priorities realigned and pushed to her feet. She shoved the photo crumpled into her jacket pocket, and broke out into a sprint, making a b-line into the kitchen.

"Jesus, Cy, are you alright? What happened?" She reached out for the injured young man and gently wrapped an arm around his shoulder.
Posted Image
The young man, Cyrano, shook from his stupor a bit at the sound of her voice. He cradled his shattered arm as he looked down at her with sad, sunken eyes. "Alice, she..." He couldn't finish, the words choking him.

Serena hugged his side tighter as she helped the doctor hold him up. "We need to go, Cyrano. You're hurt."

"I don't wanna leave her," Cyrano managed out in a hoarse whisper. "She's still-"

"They're gonna help," Serena said quickly, "Come on..."

The three shuffled towards the exit of the kitchen.




Behind them, Niklas and James were making slow, but steady headway with the ogre. The actual effort should have been akin to carrying a person the approximate size of a mattress and the heft of one of those sit-down lawn mowers. With Niklas' potion, the going was a bit easier than that. They, of course, were also benefiting from the fact that this was not a fully grown ogre by any means. In fact, it resembled a human in a few disconcerting ways. It's hair, the glasses and torn clothes.





Charlie stepped out into the alleyway. Luckily the noise and destruction of the ogre's attack hadn't drawn any onlookers from this side of the building. The alleyway stretched out the full block, street to street on either end. The back entrances of at least ten other businesses met the alleyway on either side. Other than the occasional squeaking of rats, and the not-so-distant wailing of sirens, there didn't seem to be much life out here. Charlie quickly surveyed the area, and saw a large grouping of dumpsters two buildings down from the diner. A huge pile of steel garbage cans, filled over the brim with black bags, made for a pretty effective, four foot barrier from the entrance to the diner.
Edited by GM, Apr 7 2013, 05:53 PM.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie glanced back down the alley for the third time. He had to be sure that no one was coming. The sirens were getting very close now and they didn't have many other choices to work with. He wasn't sure exactly how long the testosterone and whiskey shot Niklas just did was going to last and they needed to stop the bleeding. Fucking kids. If it had been up to him, he would have ditched the pudgy kid there. He almost did. If Serena hadn't of shown up right in the nick of time, Charlie most likely would have seriously advocated leaving the kid for proper medical care, maybe a little grilling, but he would have been prescribed some sort of anti-psychotic for a month and been done with it. He heaved a sigh, knowing that this day was just going to get worse before it got better.

Turning back to the group that was limping into the kitchen. "There's a set of dumpsters down the alley that is perfect to hide these guys. If one of you is good with veils, we can patch these two up and try and get someone to come and get all of us. Maybe even put a call in to your contact." He said, looking at the vampire in the doorway. He'd taken to hefting part of the ogre and her leg along with it. Ben nodded, focus still on the ogre as he walked.

But even as Charlie looked at the younger (Maybe?) vampire, a thought crossed his mind. They'd made an oath to let no one know of what was going on and in the process of being blindsided by a Summer Ogre and the police showing up, they'd left the folder of crucial information right out in plain view. The police would be all over that in a heartbeat. Charlie's face sunk for a moment as he took off in the other direction, leaving a few questioning faces.

Skidding into the main room, he power slid on his knees right next to the folder, scooping up all of its contents and stuffing them rapidly into his vest. He took a quick inventory of the room, making doubly sure that they had not left anything undone before ripping his ATF tag off of his back and tossing it into a small fire burning at the side of the building. He knew that his motorcycle was safe for the time being, parked in a regular parking space out front. No damage had come to it and it was off to the side, so no suspicion would come to it.

He would have kept looking, but the blue and red flashing lights coming down the street made him start putting soles down toward the back door. He burst out, seeing that they were partway down the alley already.

"Ya'll better hurry, Fuzz are here." He said, rushing to replace Serena as a holder and moving him and the doc forward slightly faster.

(Edit: I are Grammar, and so does you!)
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
As they stumbled down the alleyway, Niklas' mind raced. What to do next? Where to go? Who to contact? How to contact them? The first was easy. "James, we need to get a veil up over us or the authorities WILL find us. Can you lend me some power?"

Turning to the others, his face set like solid granite, he spoke again. "We need a ride out of here. NOW. Veils don't last forever and we don't have time for a really complex one. Any sort of real scrutiny will give us away."

Turning once again, this time to the ogre, Niklas blanched. "Jonathon, can you do anything for her? We mussn't let her die like this. Not with what we need to do."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
James let out a small sigh. “Of course, I could lend a hand in the crafting.”

James took a deep breath concentrated and extended his magical sense and control over to Niklas.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM


The group hustled together among the trash bags, cans, and dumpsters. Niklas and James dragged the ogre onto a pile of trash bags, and the creature hit the bags with the crashing sounds of glass and cans smashing. Serena kept a tight grip on the injured young man Cyrano as she and Jonathon helped him along on the alleyway. Johnathon began to lean down to let Cyrano take a seat against a steel trashcan, when Serena froze and resisted Johnathon's move. "Wait, stop!" she practically yelled, twirling to redirect them to another pile of trash bags a few feet away. They set him down, and Serena adjusted her jacket with a huff, shaking off the slight panic that had gripped her. She took a few steps away from the metal trashcans lining their impromptu fort of garbage. "He's, got skin allergies," she muttered, kneeling beside the boy and making sure that he was comfortable.


With the injured in place, Niklas and James crouched near each other to begin the effort of raising a veil around the party.

EVOCATION ATTEMPT
 
Niklas (with assistance from James) wants to cast a spirit evocation that will create a veil to totally conceal six people and an ogre from all mortal senses. It will cover one zone (the large area of the alleyway where the trashcans and dumpsters are located).

Both take 1 mental stress in the effort of spell casting. The veil will cost 8 shifts (both Niklas' and James' Conviction ratings combined), and they will spend 2 of those poitns to protect the group in one full zone, and 6 on the spell duration (it will last the rest of the session, until Niklas stops casting the spell).

With a difficulty set of 8 (both Niklas' and James' Conviction ratings combined), they achieved a +7 Discipline attempt. In order to offset the difference of 1, Niklas takes an additional 1 mental stress.

Niklas = +2 mental stress
James = +1 mental stress


It was a few, long tense moments as the two men concentrated their collective will and pressed as much power as they could muster into the effort. They needed to be concealed, nigh undetectiable, at least to the mortal cops...

...who were now barking orders at bystanders from the front of the building. More sirens wailed in the distance, but some of the cars had already showed up on the scene. They were undoubtedly finding quite a lot to look at with the mess left by the ogre's rampage. The dead crushed body of Alice's victim would not do much to temper the cops that were already on high alert.

The massive streaks and trails of blood running back into the kitchen and out into the alleyway were a dead giveaway that someone had made their escape out the back door.

A pair of cops burst through the back door as if on queue, just as the veil went up with a flurry of energy across everyone in the party. Niklas gritted his teeth, his head pulsing with pain and fatigue as he forced the veil up against his mind's better judgement. James' had helped him muster up the energy for the spell, but the effort it would take to hold the veil up, as complex and wide-reaching as it was, was already taking it's toll.

The two cops stared at the ground as the blood trail took a swift veer to the left and smeared against the refuse and discarded furniture lining the alleyway. With flashlights and pistols at the ready, they slowly inched down the alley, towards a grouping of trash cans and dumpsters...
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
Jonathon inched slightly closer to the ogre, still carrying the rather... large... man by the arm. His eyes had flown open at the slamming of the door. Well, at least he thought the door had slammed. It sounded like it. A strange, misty haze had settled across the group, making everything seem reflective, as it being looked at through a pool of water.

It was... impressive.

He took to standing by the ogre's body, unsure exactly of what he could do while under this 'veil', but feared to whisper anything in case it alerted the guards. He did shoot the two wizards a look though, one that said 'Please hurry up and come up with something... before we all end up at the precinct'
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
The veil was actually very good. Charlie watched as James and Nik focused their energies and suddenly the air around them took a very watery feel, like they were look through a very thin layer of water. The two kids looked around each other in slight disbelief. Charlie, however, quickly locked onto the two men coming out of the back of the restaurant. He breathed out a small curse. That was far too close for comfort. But relief soon gave way to concern as they just kept getting closer to the pile of trash. Charlie nearly slapped himself for not realizing it, but the blood from the ogre’s leg left a trail everyone could follow. Veils might be good at hiding, but they were terrible at keeping people out. He needed a plan. Maybe they could be distracted away from them. Something simple. A rock, or a bottle. How would they react to it?

Investigation roll
 
As the police get close, they are walking slowly, giving Charlie time to figure out something about them.
Investigation = +2
Roll ++0- for a +1 roll.
+3 total, a success (Angie approved)
Charlie discovers the aspect “On Edge”
They are not thrilled about chasing someone that just, from their perspective, blew up a diner.


Charlie watches their gait and caution, quickly realizing that these guys are terrified. Guns are almost parallel to the ground, shoulders tight and tense, eyes are darting at every perceived threat. Suddenly coming into their veil might end up bad, but maybe he could turn their alertness against them with a quick surprise, or a distraction.

He quickly looked around himself as silently as possible, locating a glass bottle nearby. Picking it up, he held it close to him, away from the metal of the trashcans. Looking back, the kids look scared as the police took more steps forward toward their hidey hold. He held his finger up slowly, indicating silence from them. Hopefully, he wouldn’t need to engage the police… but it wouldn’t be the first time.
Edited by Charlie Theaddus, Apr 9 2013, 12:59 PM.
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image Posted Image






Benjamin crouched beside Niklas with his gun drawn, his eyes a sleek silver as he watched the cops slowly head towards their hiding place. But his eyes widened a bit as he saw Charlie's plan to chuck a bottle to distract them. Like something from a cartoon. He exhaled low and tightened his grip on his gun.

Serena had laid Cy back against her so she could help keep him upright. The boy was much larger than her, but she held him up for dear life. Her arm hooked around his neck, she shut her eyes tight, like a kid hoping that it would make the monsters go away. Cyrano just stared, his gaze empty and exhausted.

The ogre shifted in it's stupor, growling low under it's breath in pain and fatigue. Cooling blood pooled at Jonathon's feet. The creature's severed leg lay beside her. She wouldn't be alive much longer, judging by the amount of blood loss.


One of the cops caught the sound of low growling, and swung around to face the mountain of trash several yards ahead of him. Lifting his flashlight to rest against his drawn handgun, the police officer inched forward. Slowly. Anxiously. Whoever had trashed the diner was not to be trifled with. Maybe it was a junkie, or a gang-banger, or maybe one of those things that guys on the force didn't like talking about in mixed company...

Suddenly, a figure leapt from the garbage heap and made a mad dash for the exit to the alleyway. Short and muscular, the man was in a bloodstained wife beater, holding a long bladed weapon of some sort. A machete, maybe. A second later, the cop took off in a sprint after the man. "Freeze! NYPD!" he hollered.

The fleeing man slammed into a trashcan on his way out of the alley. The can crashed to the floor, and the cop stumbled as he avoided the obstacle. As the man darted to the right and disappeared around the corner out into the street, the cop reached for his shoulder and yelled into his walkie-talkie. "This is Officer Franks, in pursuit of suspect. Suspect is male, bloodstained, and armed. I repeat armed and dangerous. Heading out on West 57th street."

His partner, closer to the diner's exit door, ducked back into the kitchen, barking orders at other officers, by the sounds of it.


Niklas let out a long breath, releasing his concentration on the illusion. To the others, the figure of the man had materialized out of thin air and leapt from amid the group and out past the policeman. A phantom. In the panic of being discovered, Niklas had collected as much energy as he could and threw it into a last ditch effort to lose the cops. The group was left in the alleyway, empty now. The police officer had not returned from his pursuit. The "man" had no doubt disappeared into a crowd. Literally

A pack of police cars whaled past the alleyway in the direction of the phantom.

"Empty Night," Ben whispered out in a curse, staring at Niklas, "Not bad, Warden." The damned thing had even let out a little force and knocked over that trashcan.

They were safe, for now. But there was still work to be done.

"Alice," Cyrano managed out, reaching out for the unconscious ogre's hand. The creature was getting pale, closer to an almost human pink than it had been before.

"You have to help her," Serena pleaded to Jonathon, holding Cyrano back by the neck. "Please."

"Not here," Benjamin growled, hauling himself to his feet and pulling out his cell phone. He took a few deliberate steps away from the wizards and lifted the phone to his ears. "This place is still covered in ogre blood. The cops won't miss that a second time when they get a swarm of them get out here- Yeah, Franco, it's me. Moonrock Diner, 313 W 57th St. Me, five in tow, and a fae. A big one."



ILLUSION SPELL
 

Niklas cast a veil of a figure, with a +5 difficulty (3 points into strength/convincingness fo the spell, and 2 to persistance). He rolled a +0+0, with +5 total discipline, for 7 effort. Extre 2 shifts let him sell the spell better with some force energy.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
This was a catastrophe of a job. They weren't already an hour in, and he had a patient about to die on him. When did his life turn out so bad?

He reached down, gingerly placing his hand above the wound, his mind now flooded with images of the ogre's body. Past scrapes. Internal injuries. Her lifeblood slowly ebbing away. Other... Things. He pushed them aside, taking time to focus on the bloody cut.

"Someone hand me a cloth. Any kind. Now. I can stabilize it for now, but you owe me fatso."

Quote:
 
going to sort of do two things. First use medical psychometry to thoroughly scan her body, so I have an idea of her physiology. Then scholarship roll to see if I can stabilize her with a tourniquet for now.
Roll +-+_ = -1 to scholarship = +3 roll. If not enough, spend fate point for Act First to make it a +5
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image Posted Image

At the doctor's request, Cyrano immediately shifted his body weight in an attempt to get his jacket off. "Easy, Cy," Serena hushed, holding him back with one arm while her other hand quickly unlooped the over-sized scarf draped around her own neck. She handed to the doctor in a mashed up lump, her eyes on the ogre's face the whole time. She was running on autopilot, as Jonathon struggled to save Alice's life. They didn't have much time.

GM notes
 
Jonathon rolls a +3 to try and stabilize the ogre Alice, despite the considerable blood loss. First, though, he spends a fate point to lower the ogre's consequence from extreme to severe. Successful attempt to stop the bleeding with a makeshift tournaquet.


Jonathon pushed up his sleeves to free his arms from the fabric, exposing the metal wrist shackles clamped onto either of his wrists. He shook his hands, and etched runes on the surface of the shackles began to glow dimly, the left with a dull but fiery red, and the right with an icy blue. He snagged the scarf from Serena's hand and, with inhuman speed, began to deftly wrap the scarf around the amputation wound on the ogre's upper leg. His hands swirled around in a blur of red and blue light streaks, giving the illusion of the runes shapes floating in the air around them. A few more precise turns and knots, and he was done. Blood dotted the light blue scarf, but not in the torrents it was previously. They would have more time to get the creature more immediate medical attention, but they would still need to hurry.

Charlie was crouched just behind Serena, avoiding ripping garbage bags open with the treads of his combat boots. Through the low light vision that his eyes offered, he could see Serena's neck exposed now. Or perhaps, more accurately, he saw the slits along her neck. They were a few inches long, three on either side of her neck. As the flesh of her neck was exposed to the chilled night air, the slits seemed to shudder and ripple on their own. Serena lifted the collar of her demin jacket quickly at the sensation, and as though she'd forgotten about them till just now. She didn't turn to face Charlie, but he could tell that she'd suddenly tensed. She gripped Cyrano's shirt a little tighter as she tried to stare at the ogre.

Niklas was recovering from the exertion of his spells, but he'd seen the marks on her neck as well. It was dark, and she's quickly covered them up, but he was aided by the the dim glow of Jonathon's shackles. Despite the mere glimpse he'd gotten, Niklas could still sense that there was something not right about them.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
While this day just keeps on getting more interesting. James realized he needed to focus on the future not the past.

In a soft voice James said “So, where are going to take these guys?” As He gestured toward the 3 new comers.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image Posted Image





Serena frowned, still holding onto Cy. "Um, how 'bout you aren't taking us anywhere?" she snarked, "His arm's shattered. I'm taking him to the hospital."

Cyrano shook his head violently, his hand clamped down on the few clawed fingers of the ogre that he could reach. "No, no, I'm not leaving her! She's not-"

Serena gently shushed him, stroking his blood and dust stained hair. Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm worrying about you first, Cy. You, I can deal with."

No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Shaking his head, Niklas turned to the young woman. "Something tells me that a hospital wouldn't be the best place for us to go. Hospitals ask questions and, as of now, we are evading the police. Plus, I'm not sure changeling blood looks like human blood. Let's get you all to Ray. The ogre belongs to the same court as him now. He might be willing to help..."
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

The girl shivered a bit at the warden's words. He spoke of changeling blood, and her jaw hardened. "It does," she said flatly, watching him with a cold gaze. "Until you change..." She stared down at Alice's body with a sharp exhale. The use of the 'we' led her to the conclusion that these men were not about to let them out of her sight. "Are we not free to go, then?" she asked, voice dry and tight from holding back tears. She tried not to look at the ogre when she spoke.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Despite the rather serious circumstances, Niklas cracked a grin. It had been quite some time since he had seen someone so worried about the welfare of others before their own." Of course you are, vermissen; but, unless you would very much like your friends here to die from their injuries, it would be best to get them somewhere safe. My home is too far, but Ray is much closer. I give you my word of honor, after we are all safe, you may do as you wish." Only after he had spoken those words did Niklas make eye contact with her.
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
NIKLAS AND SERENA SOULGAZE


When their eyes broke from each other, Niklas could see that Serena was clutching Cyrano tightly in shock, her eyes big and in awe. She was staring right at the warden, unable to speak, unable to look away. "My God," she whispered under her breath. Tears threatened to fall from those ocean blue eyes again.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Niklas Metzger
Closing his eyes for a moment, Niklas filed away the new information. Opening them again, he looked deep into Serena's soul. "Tell me child, what did you see? Did you see a liar? Or someone to be mistrusted?"
Member Avatar

Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image

Serena was still recovering from the soul gaze when he spoke. She shook her head softly. "No, I didn't. I'm sorry, I...you've lost so much..." The tears were even bigger in her eyes now. She held tighter to Cyrano. "There are so few of us, Warden, and we only have each other. Please understand that. It's...it's not wise for us to trust anyone else. Or anything." She shuddered a bit at her last words. She lifted her gaze to his. "You've known the Radhasidhe, and lived." Serena barely whispered the name, as though it were an open flame she dare not touch.







Posted Image Posted Image
Charlie watched this whole exchange with a certain amount of apathy. He knew what a soul gaze was, and he knew that his welders goggles blocked those. But from other hunters he knew, the soulgaze was something to be avoided at all costs, especially with evil or maligned wizards. Charlie wasn't particularly keen to let anyone I is his secrets, but of Nik wanted people to glimpse who he was, that was up to him.

Glancing around the alleyway one more time, he gaze a short white moving van seen all around New York pull up to the curb. Ben was watching the exchange too as Charlie nudged him.

"This your guy?" He asked under his breath.

Ben had already been watching the end of the alley, and nodded silently at Charlie's question. "Shall we?" he asked the assembled group.
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
James Calhoun
James watched with mild disapproval as Niklas finished his second souls gaze in about 6 hours. He made a note to make some time to talk to Niklas about lay off the soul gazes at least without permission. That had to be building a bad reputation for wizards in town.

After Charlie pointed out the Van, James stood up and started to move toward it.
Member Avatar
Nik
Goto Top Offline Profile
GM
Posted Image Posted Image







Charlie pressed a crumpled price of paper into Ben's hands as the last of the changling's were loading carefully into the van. It was Charlie's hope that the ogre didn't wake up in transit, a sealed box with no way out and a large monster with big fists and a whooping headache didn't sound too appealing to him.

He looked at the vampire as they were about to leave. "You are the only one who doesn't short out cell phones. Call me of anything happens."

Benjamin remained at the car door, watching around them for any reappearance of the police, or anyone else. At Charlie's words, he cracked and eyebrow up. "Are you...not joining us?" he asked.

"No. I got talents that are put to better use elsewhere right now. Taking care of a pet ogre is not one of them."


The vampire's jaw clenched, his voice low.


"Sir?" The driver's voice came from inside the van.

"In a minute!" Benjamin barked. He clamped his hand down on the roof of the van as he stared hard down at Charlie.


Bringing his voice back in, he whispered harshly.


Benjamin was about to raise his voice again, but quickly shut his mouth. "Oh." Someone banged on the interior wall of the van, booming a nonverbal 'let's go'. Benjamin glanced back at the unconscious ogre and injured changelings for a moment, before staring back into Charlie's pitch dark lenses. "I'm coming with you. My father gave me explicit instructions to keep an eye on you all, and I trust the warden can keep his hens in order."

Charlie was immediately suspicious, but he knew there wasn't much use in arguing. Vamps could clobber mortals very quickly and Charlie wasn't prepared for a fight with a vampire right now. He nodded his assent as Ben shut the door and leapt down onto the road. He nodded to Charlie.

"Just don' be asking me how I'm doing things, and we'll be alright." Charlie drawled as he started to look back down the alley.

Benjamin leaned into the van and called to the driver. "Mr. Thaeddus and I will be continuing on foot. I'll check in every half hour." He turned to Niklas, "We'll meet you at the fae's pizza place."
No Avatar
angela
Goto Top Offline Profile
Dr. Jonathon White
It had taken considerable effort to get the ogre into the van, given that they were trying to stop her from bleeding out and everything. He had her positioned with her injured leg in the air, still marveling at the smoothness of the cut, and had missed the exchange between Ben and Charlie up until they said they were going on foot. He turned to them, scrowling.

"Ah. The infamous Let-Us-Split-The-Party without telling us where it is that you are going. Oh how fun. I'm glad Mr Ben here is going with you though, it's nice to know you have some form of backup with you, even if it's provided by the man blackmailing us into this charade. "
Member Avatar
Lloyd
Goto Top Offline Profile
Charlie Theaddus
Charlie’s eyebrow raised at the doctor as he was lambasted, jaw set as he looked down at the sidewalk. He waited until the doctor was done before looked back up, hands on his hips.

“If you could heal people as good as you run ya mouth, that ogre woul’ have a new leg by now.”

He left the burn sizzle as he hopped up onto the back of the truck and grabbed the strap to the roller door and looked at the doc.

“When you can kill a vampire, then you can talk to me ‘bout my escort choices. Until then, stick with what you know, Doc.”

He jumped down and drug the door with him, letting it slam with a resounding thud before turning to Ben, his eyes were slightly humorous. Charlie shrugged.

“Part of my job description, sorrah.”
Member Avatar
Sarge
Goto Top Offline Profile
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Act One · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
  • 1

Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.