Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Username: Password:
Locked Topic
{closed} Proofreaders; Urgency level: LOW
Topic Started: Aug 20 2011, 05:39:16 AM (128 Views)
phio_chan
Member Avatar
Sayonara, myself.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Proofreaders

Urgency Level: LOW

What is a proofreader?
A proofreader is someone who checks grammar and flow of the translations texts made by translators. For that, a proofreader must have a good understanding of English. A proofreader is not merely checking and fixing the grammar of a text, but also to check whether the words and sentences make sense and are connected properly from one to another; in general building a clear plot of the series; that is flow of the plot. This is very important in understanding a plot of a series. In certain situations, proofreaders are required to at least understand the language the raw is in, but it varies from one group to another.

Raindrops Scanlations' projects open for new proofreaders:
None at the moment.

What are the requirements to apply as a proofreader for Raindrops Scanlations?
To apply as a proofreader, you must have good skills in English. Past experience is not necessary.

How to apply as a proofreader for Raindrops Scanlations?
There is no test. Contact phio_chan via e-mail at pinklovegreen@hotmail.com, send a private message (PM), or write a reply in this thread using this form:
Code:

[b]Name:[/b] (a name you would like to be referred to on the credits page)
[b]Country/Timezone:[/b]
[b]Activity:[/b] (how much time you can give for Raindrops to do your work, how busy/free are you)
[b]Series you would like to do:[/b] (refer to each position's thread to see what series need what, can be more than one)
[b]Experience:[/b] (if there is any)
[b]Additional notes:[/b] (anything, optional)

Additional notes:
Raindrops Scanlations is a team. In working in a team, there is only one element needed: communication. This is very important. All applicants must be willing to communicate actively with the managers and the team, be it through e-mail or at the forum. You are expected to check your e-mail inbox or the forum at least once a day to keep up with important notices about the team. During your application, we might need to ask you several questions, so make sure you're ready with it and provided us with a contact form we can use to reach you. Further questions can be addressed to phio_chan.

Thank you for your attention, and we are looking forward to see your applications! Happy scanlating! :)
Edited by phio_chan, Mar 3 2016, 07:29:37 AM.
Loyal worshipper of Goose house, AIMER, Kalafina, Ailee, and Pentatonix.
Offline Profile Goto Top

prettyman
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Name: prettyman
Country/Timezone: Eastern
Position: Proofreader
Activity: At the very least...10 hours, probably.
Series you would like to do: Yi Bi Zhi Ming
Experience: None
Additional notes: Hello :glasses:
Offline Profile Goto Top

phio_chan
Member Avatar
Sayonara, myself.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey there, prettyman. I didn't think you'd really come here. XD Thanks a lot!
Anyway, I believe you've got the test, so have fun with it. Looking forward to your test, haha~ :3
Offline Profile Goto Top

yukihime03
Member Avatar
A provocator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Congrats! You pass the test! ^^
Welcome to Raindrops!
Looking forward working with you! :)

(Do I need to say something else, phio-chan? XD)
Posted Image
Signature by me
Offline Profile Goto Top

phio_chan
Member Avatar
Sayonara, myself.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(Urk, no. =___=)

Yep, as yuki said, you passed the test, so congratulations! I will add you to the team shortly; you'll be able to see our discussions for the projects. Thank you for applying and look forward to work with you! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yasahiro
No Avatar
[ * ]
Name: Yasahiro
Country/Timezone: USA | GMT-6
Activity: I have night classes from Monday - Thursday till January ~ May 2016. So, my schedule is a bit weird from then.
Series you would like to do: I don't mind, as long as it's not ecchi.
Experience: Worked at Lust no Fansub, Misty Rain Scans, Agrypnia Scans,...
Additional notes: If I don't reply fast on the forums, contact me through my email at yasahiro.senpai@gmail.com. Give about 24 hours, and if I don't respond then, send me an email.
Offline Profile Goto Top

phio_chan
Member Avatar
Sayonara, myself.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yasahiro
Dec 19 2015, 05:51:01 AM
Name: Yasahiro
Country/Timezone: USA | GMT-6
Activity: I have night classes from Monday - Thursday till January ~ May 2016. So, my schedule is a bit weird from then.
Series you would like to do: I don't mind, as long as it's not ecchi.
Experience: Worked at Lust no Fansub, Misty Rain Scans, Agrypnia Scans,...
Additional notes: If I don't reply fast on the forums, contact me through my email at yasahiro.senpai@gmail.com. Give about 24 hours, and if I don't respond then, send me an email.
Hi there, I'm very sorry for the late reply! I did not check the forum often enough unfortunately. I will send you an e-mail shortly. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Recruitment Hall · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Under Pressure created by sakuragi-kun of the Zetaboards Themezone